It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Report: U.K. preparing for military strike on Iran nuclear facilities

page: 19
<< 16  17  18   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 11:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by charlyv
reply to post by Ghost375

Well Iran is developing nuclear technologies, and those are probably the sites that they would target. So Nuclear explosions would occur in that scenario.

Conventional Air to Ground won't set off any nuclear warheads. Radiation from destroyed warheads is another matter.

Radiation from destroyed warheads, while harmful to any nearby biologicals, is not likely to result in any kind of explosion. For detonation to occur, critical mass must be reached-- i.e., "x" pounds of weapons-grade fissile material must be confined to "y" cubic feet of space. If that does occur, then a chain reaction would take place extremely quickly, the material would be overwhelmed by it's own flood of neutrons, atomic bonds will break. Big mushroom cloud, fallout, zombies, giant ants, a glass crater.

But the probability of a violent explosion to both destroy the facility and it's warheads while gathering and assembling a critical mass of U235 (or whatever it is they are refining in that breeder reactor) is so low that it approaches zero.

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 01:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by GLontra

Originally posted by caerloyw

The world is going mad...

I can remember how the future of the world looked bright in 1996. The Yugoslav Wars had ended, and everyone was expecting a future of peace in the 21th century.

I can't believe this #. What the PEOPLE of the UK think about it? An attack on Iran? It may start a World War... This is insane...

It wont start a world war, it might just prevent one though.

WHAT??? This is how you want to prevent a World War? Attacking a country? You should be crazy...

How should we prevent it then? Plant flowers near their breeder reactors? Submit to Sharia law, allow the return of the Caliphate, pay our Infidel Tax?
We could force all of the followers of Christianity to abase themselves publicly and apologize for the crusades, huge mistake, sorry guys, how about you kill only 1/3 of them and let it go at that? By the way, no need to waste your hard earned oil money building breeder reactors and stuff. Here's a couple nukes. Go ahead and just burn the Isralies off the map. No one really likes them anyway, but us yanks have always been suckers for the underdog, haha! As long as the underdog isn't us, haha!
Oh and by the way, your hard-earned oil money is paid to you, in part, by us, The Great Satan! Because we are so evil and power hungry, we decided that stealing all your oil was just too cliche...we'd rather pay you billions of EvilBucks each quarter and then watch you not use it to better the living conditions of your people! Hah! Then you started using our EvilBucks to fund and excecute plans to kill our people! Haha! That was so entertaining, we put sanctions and lockdowns on most of our domestic fuel production so we could give you MORE EvilSatanBucks to kill us with, while not sharing! Great fun! But I digress. Have you completed your "passive" invasion of Europe yet? Got those saucy UK girls all muzzled up yet? The Mosque at Ground Zero is looking great, by the way.
The Senator told me to tell you that his group has about got the last of those pesky Judeo-Christian "Blue Laws" off the books for good. He says that by next month the system and code of laws will be completely sterilized and cleansed of any "religious" ideologies.
Then, of course, we can start embedding yours. Finally, we'll be rid of that pesky Freedom of Speech! I can't wait to start slaughtering dissidents! I bought two new machetes just for that.
Ahh, Peace at Last!

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 07:46 AM
link   
For those of you, who thought that this was a joke, or Iranian Propaganda, may I present you with this;

Britain's armed forces are stepping up their contingency planning for potential military action against Iran amid mounting concern about Tehran's nuclear enrichment programme, the Guardian has learned.

The Ministry of Defence believes the US may decide to fast-forward plans for targeted missile strikes at some key Iranian facilities. British officials say that if Washington presses ahead it will seek, and receive, UK military help for any mission, despite some deep reservations within the coalition government.

This was posted 2nd November, which is weird since it was only aired yesterday on the News, coincidence oh lets just slip that in while the country is remembering the glorious dead, nothing like feeding us propaganda, to rail road us all into this. Seems the Guardian is right on the money before anyone else is.

In no way should we the British People, consent to this what so ever. Even if it means demanding The Government resigns, we do not want another Iraq thank you very much.

Guardian

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 08:10 AM
link   
reply to post by AnonymousFem

Last night there was lots of stuff from the BBC about the army gearing up for an Iran situation. General Sir Richards, head of British Army gave an interview on the subject. Iran seems to be getting loads of news attention this last week here in the UK

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 08:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by pez1975
the UK will do what ever the US wants them to do and the US will do anything Israel wants them to do if ur gonna blame anyone for getting this one started blame the Israelis. why do u think the US is on like 3 sides of iran now because thats where the Israelis want them
not to mention there's a lot of oil in Iran we want and when they have nukes it will be harder to steal

Yep, no surprise the Defense Minister in the UK had a "mystery assistant" who was hired and paid for by corporate interests who reportedly stated (while remaining anonymous) that they wanted "pro-Israel" policy implemented.

Everything points to Israel being a puppet master of the UK and USA, though why they have that power and dominance over our countries is anyone's guess.

Whatever happens, I will NOT support an attack on Iran. Especially on the "suggestion" of Nuclear weapons development. I didn't support the invasion of Iraq or Afghanistan, and I won't support this.
First I want to see Israel forced to reveal its Nuclear arsenal and open it up to international inspection and control. Until that day happens, Israel, the US and the UK has no right to be demanding anything from Iran.

Israel is once again being a total hypocrite, demanding action against Iran while hiding its own dirty deeds and refusing to do what it demands of others.

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 05:10 AM
link   
reply to post by ufoorbhunter

And you know why they are doing this. To try and pull the wool over our eyes, before we hear the sounds off the War Drums.

I hope the British Public will not consent or allow, this country to become involved in another conflict. I can see bigger crowds coming out in protest, than they did before the UK went into Iraq.

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 05:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by ChrisF231
With what? Bliar, Brown, and Cameron have destroyed the British military ...

The British Army barely has enough troops to mount the Changing of the Guard at Buckingham Palace much less to attack Iran. The Royal Navy has no aircraft carriers now. The RAF lost half their fighters last fall.
edit on 2-11-2011 by ChrisF231 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 05:19 AM
link   
reply to post by ChrisF231

did UK really loose that many Jets in Libya?

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 05:21 AM
link   
reply to post by chapterhouse

I do know Libya was taken down becuase they created there own central bank away from the west. That was the only reason rest was spoils.

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 06:10 AM
link   

He meant the decommissioning of the Harrier jump jets, which in my opinion were not past they use, and the mothballing of a other squadrons. The RAF and the Navy took the brunt of the Defense Cuts last fall. No UK Aircraft were lost, during Libya, so please post facts before you post false information.

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 06:13 AM
link   

Ok thanks was wondering i had same idea. UK did recycle alot last few years. Had to ask wasnt excepting that post.

edit on 15-11-2011 by chapterhouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 06:19 AM
link   

They also mothballed a number of naval ships, including our Aircraft carriers, which lead to the Shores of the UK being undefended during the so called liberate Libya, which really was about changing regime, and gaining oil resources.

More so called emphasis is being put on the Army instead of the other UK Armed Forces. The fact that the Army is also under resourced, and under funded, ( that much underfunded soldiers are turning to loan sharks, to obtain money to live, since their wages are so low). The UK Armed forces would not be able to Snort in Iran's way, never mind attacking them, not unless they use tactical nukes.
edit on 15-11-2011 by AnonymousFem because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 06:27 AM
link   

So my next question is which centeral bank would/will support any kind of action on Iran, Libyan action did take its tole.

Personally I want to see Irans/there centeral bank excist and flourish.
edit on 15-11-2011 by chapterhouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 06:42 AM
link   

Put it this way not this taxpayer that is for sure.

But no doubt other areas in the UK spending plan will be cut to, pay for a possible conflict with Iran or Syria, which to me would be a suicide mission. If they cannot even resource our troops in Afghanistan, how the hell are they going to make sure the Army has the right equipment and resources if they commit the UK Armed forces to another conflict.

It is completely stupid and idiotic to say the least.

Put it this way they are having a hard enough time to, make sure the 2012 Olympics have enough security, it is that bad the USA are sending their own Security Staff aka FBI agents to protect their athletes. So if they cannot even get that right, then I cannot see how they can go into another conflict.

Out of its Existence, the UK has only had one year without the loss of any UK Armed Personnel. I wish we could become a peaceful nation, instead of being a waring nation all the time.
edit on 15-11-2011 by AnonymousFem because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 10:43 PM
link   
reply to post by ChrisF231

this is total lies and blatant crap. We lost no planes at all and have more than enough troops so get your facts right before you mouth off at something you know nothing about!

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 11:24 PM
link   
How else can a Prime Minister get his / her name in the History books unless a War is started ????

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 01:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by AnonymousFem
For those of you, who thought that this was a joke, or Iranian Propaganda, may I present you with this;

Britain's armed forces are stepping up their contingency planning for potential military action against Iran amid mounting concern about Tehran's nuclear enrichment programme, the Guardian has learned.

The Ministry of Defence believes the US may decide to fast-forward plans for targeted missile strikes at some key Iranian facilities. British officials say that if Washington presses ahead it will seek, and receive, UK military help for any mission, despite some deep reservations within the coalition government.

This was posted 2nd November, which is weird since it was only aired yesterday on the News, coincidence oh lets just slip that in while the country is remembering the glorious dead, nothing like feeding us propaganda, to rail road us all into this. Seems the Guardian is right on the money before anyone else is.

In no way should we the British People, consent to this what so ever. Even if it means demanding The Government resigns, we do not want another Iraq thank you very much.

Guardian

What is it about the Guardian, and by extension its readers, that creates this illusion that they represent the feelings of the entire nation?

I was thinking about a second line.

Jensy

new topics

top topics

<< 16  17  18   >>

join