It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Report: U.K. preparing for military strike on Iran nuclear facilities

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 08:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by InsideYourMind

Who is the real threat to world peace?

Easy.....ignorant people who think Iran is harmless because they're not capable of thinking like Ahmadinejad. You really should do some homework on this man.

edit on 4-11-2011 by Deetermined because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 08:16 AM
link   
If Iran is attacked, I think they have enough missiles to completely destroy the world's oil production.

They can use their missiles to destroy refineries, pipelines, oil exporting ports, and oil tankers, all over the Middle East.

They can fire missiles aginst oil tankers traveling in the Persian Gulf, they can fire missiles against pipelines in the Caspian Sea, they can fire missiles against refineries in Qatar, they can fire missiles against ports in Saudi Arabia where the tankers are filled up with oil.

Iran has the military capacity to make the world run out of oil for months, if not years. It's not easy to rebuild oil fields, ports, refineries, dozens of pipelines and hundreds of large oilt tankers.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 08:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Deetermined

In the meanwhile, you have an Iranian foreign minister declaring that they are "ready for war" and are "very sure of ourselves. We can defend our country." Seriously, if they weren't so sure of themselves, do think they'd keep enriching uranium to the extent that they do?

I note the sentence, "We can defend our country."

Not the same as Israel etc screaming for an "attack" on Iran, is it ???

Can anyone blame Iran for wanting to "defend" their country when they are being surrounded by US troops and Israel is frothing at the mouth for war??

I guess you will blame Iran.
I've read your posts.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 08:23 AM
link   
Another point to consider:

What could be the effect of a bomb being dropped over a nuclear facility on Iran?

What are the risks of a nuclear explosion similar to the explosion of a nuclear bomb?

What are the risks of radioactive fallout in the atmosphere?

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 08:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by backinblack

In the meanwhile, you have an Iranian foreign minister declaring that they are "ready for war" and are "very sure of ourselves. We can defend our country." Seriously, if they weren't so sure of themselves, do think they'd keep enriching uranium to the extent that they do?

I note the sentence, "We can defend our country."

Not the same as Israel etc screaming for an "attack" on Iran, is it ???

Can anyone blame Iran for wanting to "defend" their country when they are being surrounded by US troops and Israel is frothing at the mouth for war??

I guess you will blame Iran.
I've read your posts.

If Iran is only "defending" their country, why do they keep supporting Hamas in sending rockets into Israel?

And you obviously missed the previous quote I posted:

"The recent actions of the Turks have now effectively killed any Iranian hopes that Ankara will join the so-called rejectionist camp made up of Iran, Syria, Hamas, and Hezbollah aimed at CONFRONTING the West."

You obviously aren't reading my posts.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 08:26 AM
link   
How convenient!!! A petition by Iran's parliament to summon Ahmadinejad for questioning over corruption was nixed on Wednesday because three members decided to remove their signatures.

"Ahmadinejad also appealed to parliament to allow him to keep his government intact to deal with international sanctions over Iran's controversial nuclear program."

Read more: www.foxnews.com...

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 09:01 AM
link   

If Iran is only "defending" their country, why do they keep supporting Hamas in sending rockets into Israel?

Because Israel is the invading force with their continued stealing of land??

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 09:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by backinblack

Because Israel is the invading force with their continued stealing of land??

Now you just contradicted yourself on whether Iran is initiating trouble or defending itself against it!!!

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Why speak in a tone as if you know me personally? And what is with the sarcasm. This is not a joke.... the whole situation is very serious so cut with the childish lashbacks.

So, apparently only you're allowed the sarcasm and "childish lashbacks". Got it.

Exactly, i have respect for human life. (and i'd rather you not call me a brit thank you)
The above quote is also an ego at work.

Yet your profile says "United Kingdom" for location. United Kingdom, Great Britain, this Brit. Didn't mean to offend. Perhaps your location in your profile should be updated to whatever is accurate. Asking why a Brit, UK Citizen, Englishman, North Ireland Citizen, Welshman, whatever, would want to nuke the USA isn't anything to do with ego. What color is the sky in your world?

Quit with the general stereotyping, you are telling me to turn off the TV yet you are the one claiming all middle-eastern people hate the 'west'.

Pot, kettle. Something like that. Looks like we're both guilty. Sue me.

You fail to realise that the 'west' (in terms of the government, and the brainwashed people) are hated by the middle east because of what it has done. If some country rained bombs and TERROR DRONES on your own country how do you think you would feel.

Quit with the general stereotyping. You are telling me to stop, yet you are claiming the the western government and people are brainwashed...hmmmmmmmmm Once again, pot, kettle. Or as those in the West Midlands would say, "Kekkle".

So its okay for Netanyahu and Obama to not only threaten, but launch TERROR DRONES at innocent people? Iran can make threats... it is being bullied. If you push a dog into the corner of a room, it will eventually snap and bite back.

Of course not. However, if I tell you I'm coming to YOUR house and I'm going to kill you, what are you going to do? Sit back and let it happen? If so, you're even more stupid than I originally thought. You tell me you're coming for me, I'll damn sure make every attempt to stop you. Speaking of being pushed into a corner of a room, it looks to me like Israel is surrounded by radical Islamic animals. Yet, they can't bite back?

"Sticks and DRONES will break my bones but names will never hurt me."
Who is the real threat to world peace?

Radical Islam (if there really is a "radical" difference).

I do hope you are reffering to Obama, Netanyahu or Cameron.

Sure, and the nut running Iran. Fair enough. Unfortunately, you don't see it that way. You think Ahmadinejad is a hero.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 10:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Theprimevoyager

Would it not infuriate and attract individuals to the Radical Islamist's.

Do members really want this to happen?

I for one do not. There has been enough death, without another conflict in this world.

Another war who will suffer, the innocent civilians caught in the middle that is who, off course the Governments are going to try and sell us another false report again, to try and rail road us all into this.

I for one do hope the British People tell the Government this time they go for this, we will not allow it.!

edit on 4-11-2011 by Laurauk because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Deetermined

Hmmm I recall a certain Saddam Hussein saying the same defiant words in the build up to BOTH Gulf wars.

And remind me what Ghadaffi said when he warned NATO not to get involved.

And what exactly do you expect the Iranian foreign minister to say........"our defences will crumble as soon as the the first bombs hit"?

edit on 4-11-2011 by Logical one because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by jonnywhite
If Iran is allowed to have the bomb, it will inevitably find itself in the hands of a terrorist. We just cannot let this happen. That region is too unstable for nuclear weapons to be present.

Not like the stable region called the State of Israel ..........or the the stable Indian/ Pakistan disputed Kashmir border then.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Yes, it's true, the leaders of Iran have no concept of reality, which makes them that much more dangerous.

Here we have the Iranian Fars News Agency reporting that all is calming down in Syria, showing that Washington's policies have failed again in the region. (Nov. 2)

"Speaking to FNA, Amin Hatit pointed to the decline in the number of unrests in Syria in recent weeks, and said that the Syrian government is now in full control over developments and the country is moving towards full calm and tranquility. "

english.farsnews.com...

On the same day, you have the Washington Post reporting that over 20 people were killed in the previous 24 hours until there was a SUPPOSED agreement between Syria and the Arab League to withdraw armored tanks from the region. (Nov. 2)

www.washingtonpost.com...

Then the very next day you have tanks back in the streets killing another 12 people. (Nov. 3)

www.statesman.com...

I know that Iran is celebrating the anniversary of the Islamic Revolution today, but don't you find it interesting that all of this talk (from yesterday and today) and all of these documents that they've "revealed" proving that the U.S. is committing terrorist acts in the region are all being addressed to a bunch of university students? Iran knows that these are the only dummies they have left to fool. Much like Obama. They're all he has left too.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Yes, it's true, the leaders of Iran have no concept of reality, which makes them that much more dangerous.

Here we have the Iranian Fars News Agency reporting that all is calming down in Syria, showing that Washington's policies have failed again in the region. (Nov. 2)

This thread alone is no better example of showing how different media will "spin" stories depending on the "agenda" of the publication.
Haretz obviously want to hype up the "threat" of an imminent strike on Iran by manipulating the Guardian article somewhat......to make it seem more impending.
There will be other media jumping on the bandwagon again with the intention of "ramping" up the topic.
NATO according to Russia RT News today station has played down any talk of impending strikes on Iran.

Obama in his closing speech in Canne....when they were remembering the sacrifice of both nations' (US and France) soldiers during the various wars......Obama said (words to these effects I can't recall verbatum) we are drawing away from wars......as we begin to with draw from Iraq and Afghanistan.
That certainly doesn't sound like Obama is planning any imminent strike on Iran.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Logical one

With Obama, it's hard to tell. I believe he really wants to withdraw from the Middle East, but I also think we have military commanders telling him it's a horrible idea.

I know everyone hates Alex Jones, but here's an article restating information from Debka that Obama has told U.S. allies that he plans on attacking Iran by the fall season of 2012. I think Obama will try to put this off as long as possible, unless something else arises in the immediate future. I'd use the Debka source directly, but those are only good for one day without paying for it.

www.prisonplanet.com...

Interesting, when I did go to Debka's website, today's headline shows Hezbollah leader making statements that they can take Israel on their own without any help from Iran or Syria! (Well, not directly anyway! We all know Iran would supply them with the weapons to do it!)

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 01:40 PM
link   

I know everyone hates Alex Jones,

Alex Jones is a complete joke
..........didn't he say that an attack on Iran was definitely going to happen in 2 weeks.........that was 3 weeks ago.............and in any case any attack if it does come won't come before the International Atomic Energy Agency publishes their report which is next week.

Although I rather suspect that an attack won't come immediately after the IAEA report........much more likely is that further talks and warnings of embargoes and sanctions on Iran will come from Obama/Clinton.........even though Netanyahu will be screaming " We need to attack now".

Clowns like Alex Jones will claim an attack on Iran is imminent every month...........and one of these months perhaps an attack will occur................and Alex Jones will claim........there I told you so!

edit on 4-11-2011 by Logical one because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by navy_vet_stg3

I really don't have the time to talk to a brick wall. You are putting all of my quotes out of context and accusing me of being a middle-eastern 'west' hater. It seems you are too caught up in the MSM lies. You probably think you are being patriotic to your country with that attitude, but the matter of fact is you do not have to think the same way your government wants you to think in order to be patriotic.

And again, stop calling me a brit. It is the equivelant of me calling you a yank.

Stop being so childish and let others voice their opinion without the personal attacks.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 02:52 PM
link   
What I cannot understand is why Israel needs protection from EVERYONE in that area. Why does the UK and USA threaten to do the dirty work FOR Israel? It is like syria asking the chineese/russians to do the dirty work for them in attacking USA/UK! It is exactly the same thing.....

We do not need so many FAKE alliances in this world. If you have a problem with someone, then get off your ass and be man enough to do it YOURSELF! If you are a coward then you deserve to by mistreated or even killed.

Iran will never launch a nuclear strike against saudi arabia or israel. They are simply showboating to the world "he we have some muscle", much like sadam hussein. Do people remember the last time we had pre-emptive strikes against iraq because supposedly they had chemical and biological weapons? Where was the proof? To this day none has surface. It was baseless supposition at best and outright lying at worst. Are we going to fall for the same crap again, this time with iran.

Wake the # up you ignorant fools. Join OWS and put an end to the madness.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 02:54 PM
link   

How convenient!!! A petition by Iran's parliament to summon Ahmadinejad for questioning over corruption was nixed on Wednesday because three members decided to remove their signatures.

"Ahmadinejad also appealed to parliament to allow him to keep his government intact to deal with international sanctions over Iran's controversial nuclear program."

Read more: www.foxnews.com...

FoxNews

If ever there was a "fair and balanced" news channel..............it won't be found at FoxNews!

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 02:56 PM
link   
reply to post by InsideYourMind

The people who refuse common sense are not ignorant. They are trolls of the status quo. No amount of level headed explaining will get through thier thick skull because they want death and destruction. That is why when they can't debunk something they start laughing as though they think you are stupid.

Their ignorance is an act! A c-grade hollywood film is more convincing.

new topics

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19 >>

join