It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Report: U.K. preparing for military strike on Iran nuclear facilities

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 06:25 AM
link   
reply to post by princeofpeace

You got there before me.... looks like its going to go off very soon.... and this could definately spark WWWIII.

Hope it doesn't and that its quickly dealt with if they go in but could be another 10 year battle.... and other Countries could well get involved on this one... China and Russia for example.

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 06:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by BRITWARRIOR

Originally posted by technologicalsingularity
reply to post by ChrisF231

yep it will be down to the Americans to protect us, we may as well ditch the EU and become the next state of the US.

What i think everyone is wondering, is will this be a Nuclear war? Will they really be that stupid? I think the only nation stupid enough to use WMD's is Israel, but again they are a secret state of the US. After the great WW3, Iran will simply respond by saying "Who did you say was a Nuclear threat and a threat to world peace?".

A nuclear strike is just fantasy, it will never happen, it will most likely "if anything" be an air strike on its nuclear facilities, that is all they need to do, job done, and keep doing it if necessary, but i'm sure after all the meddling Iran have been doing behind closed doors yes they probably do feel like dropping one on them,

I'd say taking out their Nuclear Facilities is what they have in mind too but they could just say 'f it... if we don't get Ahmedinajed out the they will just start over again.... that means going into Tehran!!

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 06:40 AM
link   
Arms race anyone? anyone?

p.washingtontimes.com...

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 06:41 AM
link   
reply to post by TruthxIsxInxThexMist

And I'm sure Iran will just think "ah well, we'll just rebuild it till the next attack"..

Iran will not be as easy as Afghanistan or Iraq..

I'm also worried that China and Russia have been sitting back while the West has invaded all these countries..

Surely a point will come when they decide enough is enough and worry when their turn may come..

I don't think they'll wait till anyone that may have sided with them are defeated..

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 06:45 AM
link   
Renewed warning just released.

www.reuters.com...

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 06:46 AM
link   
The comment made by Iran that "Israel must be wiped off the map" is considered controversial by some.

Firstly, it was not Ahmadinejad who made the claim, but he was repeating what the Iranian "Supreme Leader" said. The Supreme Leader is an Imam, a religious leader. The current incumbent is Ali Khamenei.

The full english translation of this 2005 speech can be found here:
www.nytimes.com...

Some argue the english translation is wrong, and should really state "the Imam said that this regime occupying Jerusalem (een rezhim-e eshghalgar-e qods) must [vanish from] the page of time (bayad az safheh-ye ruzgar mahv shavad)".

en.wikipedia.org...

I'm not sure what to make of this, but if someone said the US government must vanish from the page of time, it would still be disconcerting.

Israel's response was that "If Iran continues with its programme for developing nuclear weapons, we will attack it. The sanctions are ineffective," Mr Mofaz told Yediot Ahronot.

news.bbc.co.uk...

Here is where it gets ugly. Iran has 17 confirmed nuclear reactors and enrichment sites. If the UK/US/Israel launch tactical attacks with bunker busting bombs, are we looking at 17 Chernobyl or Fukushima events, in terms of radiation released into the environment?

en.wikipedia.org...

The 1981 attack by the IAF against the Iraq reactor occurred while the reactor was being constructed and before the reactor was fueled. Operation Opera

So even tactical attacks on the Iranian nuclear sites could release unknown amounts of radioactive materials into the environment. The flipside is that Iran probably now has enough uranium, with further enrichment, to make at least two atomic weapons. U.N. Says Iran Has Fuel for 2 Nuclear Weapons

Another poster said it's unlike the UK military to broadcast their intentions (Loose Lips Sink Ships and all that), so maybe this is just media propaganda to get Iran to curtail it's nuclear weapon program?

Since Iran has been linked to the terrorist organization Hezbollah, what's to prevent Iran from giving them a nuke and act by proxy?

If there is an attack, the "best" scenario might be to attack the deep enrichment sites and leave the reactors alone.

This is so messed up.

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 06:54 AM
link   
I dread to think that this may result in WW 3 , and if the UK government turns to us looking for conscripts , they can kiss my ass .
I'd rather hold a gun to my governments head and ask them to lay down their arms , before being shipped off to Iran to fight in some phony war over oil or money !

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 06:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by backinblack
reply to post by BRITWARRIOR

The Iranians trained member of Hezbollah in Lebanon and Iran and funded them also, and lets not forget they do the same with Hamas,

"Hamas, to my great regret, is Israel's creation," says Mr. Cohen, a Tunisian-born Jew who worked in Gaza for more than two decades. Responsible for religious affairs in the region until 1994, Mr. Cohen watched the Islamist movement take shape, muscle aside secular Palestinian rivals and then morph into what is today Hamas, a militant group that is sworn to Israel's destruction.

online.wsj.com...

There, now what better proof of Israel helping terrorists can I give??

They even helped the very ones they are complaining about now..

Just goes to show you should be very careful what terrorists you help.

BTW, I doubt you will even attempt to argue the fact that the US funded and armed the Taliban against Russia..

Oh you mean the civil war ?

It was helping a revolution much like in Libya today, while there may well have been some fighters in the mujahideen that later fought for the Taliban & Al Qaeda the majority are not and was never a terrorist organisation, the same with the rebels in the Libya civil war, it was in both cases a civil war, with Russia supporting the in power government and the US, UK, Pakistan & Saudis aiding the rebels NOT TERRORISTS... REBELS!, im afraid this maybe where you are getting confused, OBL was a rebel in the Afgan civil war fighting for the mujahideen rebels, WAY before he formed his terrorist group Al Qaeda and yes members of Al Qaeda also fought in the Libya Civil War, they was Libyan national fighting in Afghanistan,

The US, UK, Pakistan & Saudis was never funding the killings on innocent civilians, sorry they just wasn't

The best-known mujahideen were the various loosely aligned Afghan opposition groups, which initially rebelled against the incumbent pro-Soviet Democratic Republic of Afghanistan (DRA) government during the late 1970s. At the DRA's request, the Soviet Union intervened. The mujahideen then fought against Soviet and DRA troops during the Soviet war in Afghanistan. After the Soviet Union pulled out of the conflict in the late 1980s the mujahideen fought each other in the subsequent Afghan Civil War

So try again

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 06:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by backinblack
reply to post by TruthxIsxInxThexMist

And I'm sure Iran will just think "ah well, we'll just rebuild it till the next attack"..

Iran will not be as easy as Afghanistan or Iraq..

I'm also worried that China and Russia have been sitting back while the West has invaded all these countries..

Surely a point will come when they decide enough is enough and worry when their turn may come..

I don't think they'll wait till anyone that may have sided with them are defeated..

They're only supplying weapons to these countries for oil and so the west looks like the bad guys for taking preemptive measures. The goal is to dissolve strategic alliances in the western world. By Russia and China arming these countries and denouncing the west at any chance they get they're creating discontentment in the western countries and dividing them up. When Russia and China reveal that they've been communists all along and work together to take over the world it will be too late to do anything to stop them, because all the while they've been arming themselves while the western countries have not, thinking communism is over.
edit on 3-11-2011 by 547000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 07:00 AM
link   

The US, UK, Pakistan & Saudis was never funding the killings on innocent civilians, sorry they just wasn't

Have you been living in a cave for the last 50 years??

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 07:01 AM
link   
reply to post by 547000

I don't think the West needs any help looking bad..
They are empire building pure and simple..
It's all about money and power for the few..

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 07:04 AM
link   
reply to post by backinblack

That's how subversion works. Look up Yuri Bezmenov and understand how the communists play with the minds of those in open societies. Maybe read New Lies for the Old and other books by people who defected.

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 07:15 AM
link   

so our "Humanitarian aid " aka air strikes and bombings didnt kill any civilians in Libya ?

sure man keep living in that dream world , its considered to the military as collateral damage
they dont really care how many civilians they kill as long as they get the job done.

Rebel / Terrorist , its just a name , the fact is that the UN had already named the libyan "rebels" as terrorists before we invaded Libya
You can check the UN report on an ATS thread here somewhere !

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 07:21 AM
link   
reply to post by 547000

Nah I really think that either america learned their empire building techniques from their old masters the kings in Britian and then perfected them . Or they took the nazi playbook over when they installed the 4th reich into america after the 2nd world war.

Either way they are certainly going about it , and not giving a # who they burn in the process.

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 07:30 AM
link   
reply to post by sapien82

This lecture will either change the way you look at things or will make you scream "McCartyism".

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 07:37 AM
link   
The world is going mad...

I can remember how the future of the world looked bright in 1996. The Yugoslav Wars had ended, and everyone was expecting a future of peace in the 21th century.

I can't believe this #. What the PEOPLE of the UK think about it? An attack on Iran? It may start a World War... This is insane...

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 07:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by GLontra

I can remember how the future of the world looked bright in 1996. The Yugoslav Wars had ended, and everyone was expecting a future of peace in the 21th century.

I can't believe this #. What the PEOPLE of the UK think about it? An attack on Iran? It may start a World War... This is insane...

I hear you, I remember those years, back then mercenaries were the terrorists and things were not so muddied. Then the world went crazy overnight, thanks to 9/11 those same mercenaries become blackwater operatives (and those mercenaries were previously people fighting for their country which then abandoned them, how quaint).

We have seen this play before with Iraq so we can all confidently predict where this rhetoric will get us. WW3 is very likely a possibility because unlike other nations, Iran is a hornets nest and not to be taken lightly.

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 07:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by skuly
reply to post by woodward jr

The war drums are getting louder and louder what
ever reason they come up with will prob be a load
of bull like iraq WMDs turned out to be.

Id just like to know whats the real reason is for a attack.

Money,power or just a distraction to how screwed up
the west really is.

[edit by]edit on 2/11/2011 by scully because: my spelling again

all of the above.

so many special interest groups who want to maintain the status quo.

the american military fear a cut in their budget, the banks want off the front news pages, israel want to keep the fires of war to justify their military and colonization policies.

and our spineless politicians will stand up to no one.
they comply or get replaced by a more compliant individual.
so many completely dysfunctional governments.

this political insanity will self destruct due to lack of moderation and wisdom.
the western world on it's last great historical destructive insanity.

lets hope this is the last hourrah of the last 500 years of european imperialism.
one more war could totally bankrupt these criminals.

and they will no longer plan the future of the human race from their yachts.

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 07:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by technologicalsingularity

Dont forget Israel got caught out selling nuclear weapons to south Africa in the cold war, funnily enough, the nice chap who was wrapping up that deal is now leading Israeli government.

The claims appear to offer the first documentary corroboration of a nuclear relationship long suspected but never proved.

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 07:50 AM
link   

It wont start a world war, it might just prevent one though.

I hear you, I remember those years, back then mercenaries were the terrorists and things were not so muddied. Then the world went crazy overnight, thanks to 9/11 those same mercenaries become blackwater operatives (and those mercenaries were previously people fighting for their country which then abandoned them, how quaint).

We have seen this play before with Iraq so we can all confidently predict where this rhetoric will get us. WW3 is very likely a possibility because unlike other nations, Iran is a hornets nest and not to be taken lightly.

A full scale invasion of Iran would be difficult, but I think that would be very unlikely. More likely would be a series of air / naval strikes on key targets and locations.

new topics

top topics

active topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join