It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Aid ships head from Turkish port to Gaza

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Aestheteka

I meant from an official perspective. The world recognises Israel but does not recognise Palestine. The palestinians are trying to get their enclave recognised but not everyone favors this solution. I personally do not like the two state solution.

Further to the point, as if it matters, judaism is far older than both christianity and islam. Do some research friend!

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Our Canadian boat will turn around right away, all they have to do is ask nicely.

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 03:27 PM
link   
So foreign activists are heading to a country that may or may not be attacked in the next 24 hours?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Egyptian official says Israel agreed to delay expanding Gaza offensive for 24 hours to allow Cairo to try to bring all factions into informal cease-fire

"The situation is intolerable and we are close to a dramatic decision that would end the bombardment of the south," cabinet member and minister Silvan Shalom declared on Tuesday.

IDF aircraft have targeted rocket squads in Gaza in recent days, but the Egyptian official says Israel has also planned a wider operation. The official says Egypt asked for 24 hours to try to bring all factions into an informal cease-fire and Israel agreed to give Cairo until around midnight Tuesday.

Gaza's Hamas leaders have not directly been involved in the attacks but Israel holds Hamas responsible for all violence from the territory.

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by CALGARIAN

The activists on board aren't your stereotypical maple syrup loving Canadians. Sure they're not Rambo either but I believe their whole point is to cause a scene. I don't see them turning around but instead being rerouted to an Egyptian or Israeli port.

These activists may get more than what they're asking for though, so they better be careful.

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by mr-lizard

The whole area is about to burst.

They are even talking about a strike on Iran:

Benj amin Netanyahu seeks cabinet support for Israeli strike on Iran

The report, citing a senior Israeli official, said Mr Netanyahu was working with Ehud Barak, the defence minister, to win support from sceptical members of the cabinet who oppose attacking Iranian nuclear facilities.

So there is talk of attacking Gaza, Iran, and the recent Israeli missile test plus an aid Flotilla on the way.

What else can get thrown in the mix?

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by EarthCitizen07

Yeah, thanks up on the Judaism being older thing.... lol
Probably the most successful book I wrote was an analysis of God's actions and character in the OT.

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 06:35 PM
link   
Ah men, if im corect theres a canadian ship trying to break the blocade, cant wait to see our goverment replie when israel boards these terrorist ships, im guessing not much but typical, these terrorist deserved what happened...

Sorry from a canadien

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 06:37 PM
link   

And what does religion have to do with countrys trying to help other countrys...

epic fail buddy

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Corruption Exposed
maple syrup loving Canadians. . . .
These activists may get more than what they're asking for though, so they better be careful.

Brave souls, elementary school aged kids will be on
the Canadian ship. When I spoke with them, they were
eager to volunteer. And their attitude was "well somebody
has to do it"
, I'll be praying for their safety

edit on 2/11/11 by ToneDeaf because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 02:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by GodefroydeBouillon
Ah men, if im corect theres a canadian ship trying to break the blocade, cant wait to see our goverment replie when israel boards these terrorist ships, im guessing not much but typical, these terrorist deserved what happened...

Sorry from a canadien

Our elected officials are always quick to distance themselves from any type of situation that may anger our Israeli handlers.

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 02:49 AM
link   
Aid ?? flotilla?

Well yeah. They are more than able to carry some can openers and out dated medicine.

MV Saoirse

irishshiptogaza.org...

Tahrir

www.israelnationalnews.com...

Propaganda machine.

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 03:42 AM
link   
reply to post by gravitational

Of course you call getting much needed supplies that normally would not be allowed as propaganda:

Canadian aid ship in new bid to run Gaza blockade: Activists

The group said the two boats, the Canadian Tahrir and the Irish Saoirse were carrying 27 people, including journalists and crew members, along with $30,000 worth of medicines.

And yes, I admit, that this can be seen as propaganda as these people do have a political agenda. But this is the infowar and Israel has a yearly multi-billion dollar budget for their propaganda machine. And you're worried about a little medical aid getting delivered to the Gazans

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 03:46 AM
link   

I meant from an official perspective. The world recognises Israel but does not recognise Palestine. The palestinians are trying to get their enclave recognised but not everyone favors this solution. I personally do not like the two state solution.

And yet a recent UN vote was over 100 to 14 in favor pf Palestine.

Me thinks more people in the world recognize Palestine than you try to make out..

I also believe less recognize Israel than you think.

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 04:07 AM
link   
Here is the most recent update:

Canadian, Irish ships bound for Gaza

The Israeli navy is preparing to intercept two ships carrying pro-Palestinian activists, including one Canadian vessel, sailing from Turkey to the Gaza Strip. The navy has completed the necessary preparations to prevent them from reaching Gaza, it said in a statement. The Canadian ship Tahrir and the Irish ship Saoirse are in international waters and about to head for Gaza, according to a statement from the Freedom Waves to Gaza campaign, which has organized the trip. It maintains that the blockade is illegal and prevents aid from reaching Gaza. “We are now in international waters and hope to reach the shores of Gaza in a matter of days," said Canadian Boat to Gaza organizer Ehab Lotayef from on board the Tahrir.

As I have already predicted, as have many others, the most likely scenario will be that the ships are rerouted to somewhere other than Gaza.

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 04:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

You know Israel has a real chance here to score some brownie points..

With what's currently going on, NOW would be the perfect time to call off this blockade and let the aid through..

Maybe they could call on an"independent" country to check the cargo but that's about all..

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 04:15 AM
link   
reply to post by backinblack

I think that would be a great idea. Both sides would benefit.

Israel would get some good PR and the Gazans some much needed supplies.

As for long term effect I am skeptic because we all know how butt hurt Netanyahu is about the whole UNESCO thing and I don't see him doing the Gazans any favors.

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 05:13 AM
link   
Israel had never denied international aid from entering Gaza, as long as it's done through the proper channels, meaning, docking in Ashddod harbor and inspection.

The last Turkish flotilla wasn't even capable of docking in Gaza due to the ships size.
This is pure propaganda and stupidity.

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 05:29 AM
link   
reply to post by gravitational

Israel had never denied international aid from entering Gaza, as long as it's done through the proper channels, meaning, docking in Ashddod harbor and inspection.

You know as well as I do that the aid that is actually allowed in isn't the stuff they actually need most.

I would not call it "denying aid" but I wouldn't call it delivering aid either since the aid that comes through the "proper channels" is insulting at best.

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 05:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by gravitational

The last Turkish flotilla wasn't even capable of docking in Gaza due to the ships size.

Do we really need ti go back to the ridiculous list of "banned" items that Israel have issued?

Man, Palestinians like chocolate too ya know..

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 05:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by gravitational

Gaza doesn't belong to Israel so what gives them the right to say what can or cannot come into Gaza? Israel's blockade of Gaza is illegal and needs to stop.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join