It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Images from SOHO???

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Follow the link to current SOHO images, anybody know what is going on here?

Alot of ATSers here follow SOHO like Phage etc.. could you all please fill us in?

latest SOHO images

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 12:33 PM
link   
reply to post by habfan1968

Only thing I see is a large sunspot emerging on the NW corner. What exactly is out of the ordinary?

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 12:34 PM
link   

What do you want us to look at ?

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Are you talking about the first 4 pics? It looks like the CCD is washed out possibly from high energy particles from the solar wind or flare, etc. I haven't seen them look like that before, but I don't go there a lot either. I am sure there are a lot of others on ATS that know everything about SOHO and it's compadres...

I did find this about the EIT photos:

SOHO/EIT is operating at a reduced image cadence
At the end of 2010 July, EIT has completed fourteen and a half years of synoptic observations of the low corona. SDO AIA images at much higher resolution and time cadence are now available for all the EIT wavebands, and three other EUV wavelengths as well. The telemetry bandwidth that has been used by EIT will be used by LASCO to improve the cadence of its observations of the fastest CME's. EIT will continue to obtain a couple of "synoptic sets" of images in all four wavelengths per day to track detector behavior, and to maintain the uniform data set.

edit on 2/11/11 by spirit_horse because: Add Info

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 01:05 PM
link   
looks like the sun is taking a bath or sprayed so.. Phage
help
I notice the squares also are those the block out squares?
edit on 11/2/11 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Any static you see on these satellite images is from solar ray bombardment. Each dot is a single particle capture.

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by CLPrime

Any static you see on these satellite images is from solar ray bombardment. Each dot is a single particle capture.

Its cool with me I thought SOHO got wet

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Here are the AIA Wavelengths from Goddard Space Flight Center. Obviously the various wavelengths are represented and as stated above by CLPrime, the CCD (Charge Coupled Device) or camera is being bombarded by high speed high energy particles causing the resulting images which look like snow in different colors (wavelengths).

edit on 2/11/11 by spirit_horse because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 01:22 PM
link   
I see the first image to show this disturbance on EIT 171 was taken on 21st October at 1300 so im thinking its either a fault with the camera system or high energy particles hitting the CCD since that date and time ?

I think we need an expert in here!

Edit to add from Spaceweather.com: There are no large coronal holes on the Earthside of the sun. Credit: SDO/AIA.

So the disturbance is not comming from solar wind stream then ?
edit on 2/11/11 by coffeesniffer because: to add speaceweather info

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by spirit_horse

Does that mean that the CCD's need replacing now or can they take this kind of uh..high speed energy particle bombardment? I saw some vids posted recently on ATS purporting to show a "black" planet directly in front of the sun. Of course it just turned out to be solar rays that had "burnt out" part of the digital camera's CCD or something to that effect.

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by spirit_horse
Are you talking about the first 4 pics? It looks like the CCD is washed out possibly from high energy particles from the solar wind or flare, etc. I haven't seen them look like that before, but I don't go there a lot either. I am sure there are a lot of others on ATS that know everything about SOHO and it's compadres...

I did find this about the EIT photos:

SOHO/EIT is operating at a reduced image cadence
At the end of 2010 July, EIT has completed fourteen and a half years of synoptic observations of the low corona. SDO AIA images at much higher resolution and time cadence are now available for all the EIT wavebands, and three other EUV wavelengths as well. The telemetry bandwidth that has been used by EIT will be used by LASCO to improve the cadence of its observations of the fastest CME's. EIT will continue to obtain a couple of "synoptic sets" of images in all four wavelengths per day to track detector behavior, and to maintain the uniform data set.

edit on 2/11/11 by spirit_horse because: Add Info

Yes those are the images I was speaking of, i guess the cadence has just been reduced now and we now seeing these images this way for the first time or is this normal?

new topics

top topics

join