It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CDC has a section on website on the "Zombie Apocalypse"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 12:07 PM
link   
First off, I checked and didn't find a thread on this topic.

I don't know too much information, but found it kind of..umm..what's the word, "creepy"??

I was surfing the net, looking for freebies and coupons(yes I am one of those kinds of people)
and came across this "freebie". It is already out of stock, but was posted a couple of weeks ago.
I found it kind of interesting due to the fact that the government would actually post and even give out
free "zombie posters". Just the fact that they would even post or even mention a "zombie apocalypse" is
rather bazaar to me. Does anyone know if they've ever done anything of this nature before?
Maybe they have, but i've never heard of anything like this.
My husband and I are into the zombie thing, but I personally don't think(or hope)
something like that would ever happen.

Anyways, just thought i'd share this with you all.
What are your thoughts?

CDC gives free Zombie posters away

Pink

edit on 2-11-2011 by Pinkgomo653 because: Grammar

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 12:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Pinkgomo653

the cdc has tons of stuff out about zombies... its all been posted before.

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Posters huh? CDC more like "center for dork control". Did you hear about the top official of the CDC who was arrested for child molestation? Yea, check that out.

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 12:30 PM
link   
i get cdc alerts and one was on, well... zombies
, of all the things to get an alert on, it was also in with a h1n5 alert, what do they know we don't know or admit

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 12:32 PM
link   
wow those were pretty cool

it seemed like something out of left 4 dead. i think they probbaly came up with those, just for the whole "zombie hype" thing.

but still pretty wierd if they are trying to warn us, technically the technology is available to start some sort of zombie like apocalypse,

maybe not exactley the stereotypical zombie apocalypse, but definatley something close.

anyway ill be saving those posters, theyre pretty cool

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 12:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Pinkgomo653

They ask folks to prepare for a zombie apocalypse because if you prepare for this, any other natural disaster is kind of covered.
Most folks think the Gumment does not look out for us, but there are folks in the Gumment who actually believe in their job and want to help.
So they look for ways to actually help.
Zombie apocalypse is a great way to prep as you can be prepared and have fun at it too.
It makes for great conversation at the stores, such as when you buy a few hundred pounds of non perishable type foods.
The checker might say, "Feeding an army"?
And you reply, "Nope, zombie apocalypse"!
Some will look at you strange and feel uneasy others it will spark a conversation.
And, if you are one of the type who believes the Gumment is a useless parasite and wish only for anarchy, it gives you plausible deniability.
Judge asks, "Why the rocket launcher"?
You respond, "If the CDC thinks zombie apocalypse is possible and maybe probable as they told us to prepare for it, explosions are best for large crowds of zombies".
Who knows, maybe you'd get off or even just get some rubber room time.
It certainly beats trading cigarettes for top ramen!

Also, it sells zombie movies.
World war X anyone?

new topics

top topics

join