It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mysterious signals 1000 light years away?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ezekial
This was broadcast on the TV news in Australia, I saw it on 3 channels at roughly the same time.

Channel Ten even seemed to play the signal that was found.

If what they played was the signal then it DEFINATELY is from intelligent life. This signal had a damn melody to it, it scaled and wasn't random or anything like that. I'm trying to find a link to the sound but nothing found yet.

Which signal? the recent one?

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by taibunsuu
Just one of these things almost killed the governor of California in South American rain forest, 1987, after killing all the teammates on his Delta Force squad.

Predator played out in Vietnam if I'm not mistaken.
Their translator and the girl they captured were Asian, they killed a bunch of people that looked like the typical VC shown in series like Tour of Duty.
One of his team was a latino, so that would also have removed the need of an extra translator in South America.

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 03:25 PM
link   
just saw Predator again two nights ago. It's in South America, Thematrix.

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 09:07 PM
link   
Oh well, maybe the NEXT signal....

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Der Kapitan
just saw Predator again two nights ago. It's in South America, Thematrix.

close

"Recuited by the CIA to rescue hostages held by guerrilla fighters in a Central American country"

Thats a quote from the back of the movie DVD they never said exactly what country it was in. But it did make Cambodia look like Kansas

PNX

posted on Sep, 6 2004 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Are they expecting to acquire their technology?
They must be joking, this planet has not shown any evidence that is capable of living in piece and harmony as it should be.
Until then dream on... :-)

PNX

posted on Sep, 6 2004 @ 05:09 PM
link   
300 children died in Russia not accidentaly but on purpose we have lot of guts trying to establish a communication with a so much technologicaly advanced civilization.
Just a signal is enough I guess and we should be very prowd of this.

posted on Sep, 6 2004 @ 05:39 PM
link   
Apparently we get 100s of signals each month or so but they then have to wait for the radar or whatever they use to scan the same place and see if its still there, then after so long they pick a certain amount of promising signals to scan for again and focus on them to see if they can figure out what it is.

posted on Sep, 7 2004 @ 08:26 PM
link   
I have just arrived at this thread and had a quick browse through the posts, so forgive me if I repeat what some previous 'poster' has stated. What is significant about these 'mysterious' signals is that they do not conform to other signals encountered during SETI sweeps. This does not necessarily mean that the signals originate from an 'intelligence' source. They could emanate from a spatial phenomenon which has never before been encountered. Our observable universe is one of the greatest of mysteries and without doubt secrets a lot of phenomena about which we know little or nothing. I suppose time will be the telling factor - in that, in time perhaps we will be able to observe in greater detail what is in that particular region of the night sky, and more importantly what is causing the signals that is giving us much to talk about. I remember when I was more than casually interested in cosmology, the big discussion topic were Quasars that had just been discovered and which were made even more mysterious by having numbers (like 3C293) instead of names. Everyone was talking about them. What could they be? How can they appear so bright and be so remote? That was long before the advent of 'Black Holes' as topics of public interest. Now we know as much as we'll ever know about Quasars and the even stranger Black Holes are barely worth a mention except maybe over a pint when someone begins a debate about when one is going to swallow up our Sun and its family of planets.
But assuming that the signals are emanating from an 'intelligence' and the distance is correct, we should remember or at least reflect that whatever caused the signal, did so a thousand years in the past. Whatever caused the signal we are now receiving may no longer exist. On the otherhand, it may have originated from an intelligence that is now 1000 years (our years!) more advanced that what it was then. When you reflect on how we have advanced in the last 100 years in terms of space exploration etc perhaps we should be putting out the 'Welcome' flags and bunting.
Cheers

posted on Jan, 26 2005 @ 06:39 PM
link   
Maybe they received a signal from one of our many previous advanced civilizations
Or time lines being what they are; another planet is replying to an alternative time line.

[edit on 26-1-2005 by IntelRetard]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join