It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Flu shot propaganda (IMPORTANT)

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by redrose123

If you are able to stand up and walk around, you don't have the flu. Anytime someone catches one of the thousands of viruses, they think its the flu.

If you have the flu, you can't text, talk on the phone, or play on a laptop. Going to the bathroom is a herculian effort. You will never be so miserable in your life.

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by ApplesOnFire

Think carefully about what you are saying, your city has not had an outbreak in over 100 years? I am sure the doctors in your area would have something to say about that.

And I will type this out again for you since you didn't understand it the first time, the flus are airborne, you can be clean as you want, if someone coughs or sneezes and doesn't cover, it can send the virus 25 feet or more into the air for someone to breath in.

Now, here is where I educate you again, there is a difference between a pandemic and epidemic. Pandemic is global, epidemic is local.
We have epidemics constantly.

A pandemic is a lethal, widely spread form of flu that is infecting for the FIRST time.

Which means we don't have a vaccine. Remember the clamor to develope vaccines for H1N1?

We have had three pandemics in the 20th century:

The "Spanish flu", 1918–1919.

The "Asian Flu", 1957–58. An H2N2 virus caused about 70,000 deaths in the United States. First identified in China in late February 1957, the Asian flu spread to the United States by June 1957. It caused about 2 million deaths globally.

The "Hong Kong Flu", 1968–69. An H3N2 caused about 34,000 deaths in the United States. This virus was first detected in Hong Kong in early 1968, and spread to the United States later that year. This pandemic of 1968 and 1969 killed approximately one million people worldwide.[73] Influenza A (H3N2) viruses still circulate today.

wiki

Blows your hygiene and non vaccine theory out of the water. You don't even know what defines a pandemic, yet you are on here fear mongering people into not getting vaccinated.

In 2005, 9% of all deaths reported in the US were because of the flu. That is an extremely high number, that is why they push the flu vaccine.

Seasonal flu epidemics that we get every year sicken millions.

Your area that you are pretending is pristine just had a measles outbreak in 2008.

CDC

Its your turn to deny ignorance.

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Interesting opinions here.

Food for thought. I read this article a couple weeks ago in my local news which basically gives me one more reason not to get a flu shot. ..... it basically says your genes is what determines how sick you will get.

The doctor in the article still of course recommends getting the shot .....but at what point is there a conflict of interest when the medical industry and medical schooling is funded by pharmaceutical companies?

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Dr Love

How about the convenient drive through for your vaccine that they have now, even in parking lots, here in my neck of woods, I tell you, go get your vaccine before Armageddon of flu season gets to you.

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 02:10 PM
link   
reply to post by dplum517

So if you're born with good genes, you can pick up the flu virus without much harm to yourself, and go around spreading it with impunity to those with less good genes? That strikes even me as just a little socially irresponsible. There's a genetic component to how STDs affect people, too. Would you stop wearing a condom if you found out you had good genes and would only get very mild outbreaks of herpes, etc.?

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by FurvusRexCaeli

I see your point but I don't think your analogy was accurate.

If you have good genes and are carrying the flu ......getting a flu shot won't stop you from spreading it to other people.

I personally don't care if other people get the flu shot. Might even work as a placebo in some cases.

But I do think the pharmaceutical companies are getting away with highway robbery when charging 25$ for a flu shot. $25!!!!

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by ladykenzie

I had a doctor threaten to turn me into protective services for not giving my kids the shot.

I told him if he ever threatened me again like that, I would take that vaccination and jab him in the face with it.

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Skewed

he would sue you in court for a threat like what you said... but if does it again just tell him that you will take him to court if he forces it

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by ApplesOnFire

I did not really care. Sue me, cannot get blood out of turnip.
As far as I am concerned he was trying to assault my kids by jabbing them with a needle.

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by nixie_nox
reply to post by GeorgiaGirl

You are going to take medical advice from someone who is comparing a vaccine to a lotto ticket?

First off, each year the vaccine is different, you are innoculated against that flu for life. Which is why they encourage you to get one every year, you build up in arsenal.

Yes, and it is my understanding of statistics that is allowing me to understand his point.

I have actually read a lot about immunizations, and many of the books/articles were by authors with "MD" after their name. I am not convinced that I need to take these immunizations. I do understand that certain at risk groups, such as asthmatics, might have more of a need for them due to compromised health, and they can weigh the risks against the benefits.

I assure you, I am not making this decision lightly. I suspect my younger son's immune system was compromised when he was 2 because of immunizations (prior to that I was a status-quo immunization SUPPORTER). Based on what I have read since that time, the rise in auto-immune diseases could have something to do with all of the foreign material we are injecting into ourselves. One big experiment.

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 02:51 PM
link   
reply to post by GeorgiaGirl

Does the person who wrote the article have an M.D. after their name?

I agree children get too many vaccinations too young. But not all vaccinations are the same.

The chances of getting polio are much lower then getting the flu. A lot of the people who die from the flu are children.

On average, over 26,000 people die each year from the flu, depending on the strain which the severity can't be predicted.

200,000 people are hospitalized.

Only 40 people have died from being struck by lightening.

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by dplum517

25$ is actually about the cost of a flu shot to the doctor. Flu shots are cheaper then most vaccines, they are about half or even a quarter of what most vaccines would cost you.

Most local health departments offer them free or for 10 bucks.

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 03:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Skewed

That is his bluff, protective services has far more serious concerns to worry about then if a kid receives a flu shot.

Like, parents who are passed out from drugs and haven't fed their kids in 2 days.

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by nixie_nox

you messed up the $25 it is reversed and secondly i am not taking one until there actually is a break out or maybe i should just stay in doors like everyone should so the breakout doesnt spread and dies out

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by dplum517
If you have good genes and are carrying the flu ......getting a flu shot won't stop you from spreading it to other people.

Well, yeah, if you already have the flu, getting a shot is kind of pointless. You need to get it before you're exposed.

But I do think the pharmaceutical companies are getting away with highway robbery when charging 25$ for a flu shot. $25!!!!

Why do you think that is highway robbery? Is there a gratuitous profit margin built in? I haven't paid for a flu shot in years, but if I did, I think I could find $25 for it. That's less than seven cents a day over the course of a year.

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Well, in my experience, I got one flu shot in 8 years. That year was the only year I got the flu, and got it twice to boot. The old people here get the flu shot every year and get the flu every year at least once. So on top of the crap they put in it, the flu shot seems counterproductive..... No more flu shots for me thanks.

My girls don't get the shots either, about 9 and 11 now, they are hardly ever sick either. The occasional mild cold, that's about it for a normal year.
edit on Thu, 03 Nov 2011 15:15:45 -0500 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join