It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ThIs is how our cowardly governmnts inform us

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 10:34 AM
link   
Have you noticed the type of films that come along, last year they introduced and funded the film 2012 this is how they warn us of things to come (great film btw) now this year it's CONTAGION I have not watched this one yet but I've seen the trailers and it looks pretty scary stuff oh well that's one way of reducing the population and we all know it's coming and going to happen, scary times ahead.

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 10:37 AM
link   
They are not trying to warn us but rather keep us in fear and direct the outcome of events in their favour.

Don't buy into the fear. That is what they want.

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 10:38 AM
link   
I exactly think the same way like our goverment basically showing us wat's going to happen through film's and other way's.

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 10:39 AM
link   
Actually they are called entertainment.......you guys don't know how the film industry operates do you? lol

Does that mean then that India will be overtaken and overrun by the populace all getting up and dancing all the time....(reference to Bollywood films for you isolated North Americans)

However what does this have to do with Ancient and Lost Civilizations?
edit on 2/11/11 by Hanslune because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 10:40 AM
link   
I saw contagion in the theatre, it sucked. Dont waste your money or time.

The movie is a lot like our government, a waste of time and money.

edit on 2-11-2011 by sicksonezer0 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 10:42 AM
link   
Bill Hicks describes it perfectly at 0:18

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Did they also warn us about the zombie apocolypse when they made day of the dead

I missed that, must have been on a work day and i was too busy to notice the zombies

Its a film. Just a film. Not a public safety announcement

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 10:45 AM
link   
So I suppose then that they're trying to warn us about zombies, vampires, and werewolves too?

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Actually, I have given this subject some thought. I have been wondering why The History Channel runs so many documentaries about "Doomsday 2012", "Nostradamus", and oddly enough, shows that have nothing to do with history but are hypothetical scenarios for future doom and gloom.

Without the History Channel's numerous programs on these subjects, such as the end of oil, how to survive after an apocalyptic event, or various ways the human race could become extinct, I probably wouldn't have given it so much thought and worry.

One has to wonder why a channel supposedly dedicated to what has happened in the past is spending so much money and air time for potential future events.

Are we being warned......or brainwashed?

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 10:53 AM
link   
Lawl. And "Tangled" is about the future after the Zombies kill most of us? And THEN, Star wars happens after that, of course.

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Some years ago, they warned us, that Chuck Norris would take care of everything, he is still here...So no need to worrie.

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by FissionSurplus
Actually, I have given this subject some thought. I have been wondering why The History Channel runs so many documentaries about "Doomsday 2012", "Nostradamus", and oddly enough, shows that have nothing to do with history but are hypothetical scenarios for future doom and gloom.

Without the History Channel's numerous programs on these subjects, such as the end of oil, how to survive after an apocalyptic event, or various ways the human race could become extinct, I probably wouldn't have given it so much thought and worry.

One has to wonder why a channel supposedly dedicated to what has happened in the past is spending so much money and air time for potential future events.

Are we being warned......or brainwashed?

History repeats, i guess...

Warned, brainwashed AND forever lied to

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 11:40 AM
link   
These are just movies, with paid actors and actresses.

If anything as big as what they depict in 2012 were going to happen, they would not put in the time or effort let alone use their resources to produce a Hollywood movie to "inform' us. Think about everything that goes into the production of a film.

They would not inform us anyway, they'd be too busy saving their own collective asses to think about ways in which to inform the general public.

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 03:38 PM
link   
I believe that it's not so much about them being interested in warning us as it is about them being interested in our wallets. The masses tend to love their doom & gloom, and Hollywood knows that. 2012 is big business right now; they'd be fools to NOT capitalize on it. Heck, I design t-shirts for a living and I'm calling myself a fool for not capitalizing on it (but I'm too busy making shirts about those vampire romance movies - they're big sellers, too).

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 09:19 AM
link   
reply to post by missiongal

Well for all you people that are laughing at me, go check your dollar bills, yes under the pyramid what does it say? (NEW WORLD ORDER) Now check your other dollar bills one of them shows the hoover dam breaking open and flooding everywhere, now check out another that shows massive tsunamis higher than the empire state building and completely flooding the whole of New York, sorry i cannot remember the denominations, now who's laughing?

new topics

top topics

join