It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Arc of the Covenant

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by otherwise
but also the blood of Jesus Christ!

Why would the jewish high preists put the blood of the heretical radical jesus onto the blood of the ark?

illmatic:
King Solomon took the Arc of the Covenant to Ethipoia and that is where it has been for the past 2,500 y

Why would you say that the other person needs to wake up when there is nothing but a fairy tale to support this idea? Solomon was around in 500 BC? I thought he was earlier? Wasn't the ark moved out of the temple complex when the romans sacked it, long after solomon? Also, aren't the guardians of the AoftC christians? (or rather, the people who claim to be doing so)

7th_chakra:
Africa is such as misunderstood country

Agreed. The ethiopians were one of the first people to widely convert to christianity, and I think that they were the first state to officially recognize it. I think they are refered to as 'Coptic Christians', or something. I have to wonder why the ark, which was supposed to have been taken out of The Temple by the jews, would come to be under the control of christians. One would think that, since its an item of the jews, and pretty irrelevant to early christianity, that the people charged with guarding it would convert to judaism, or infact be jews.

I have no doubt that they think they have the ark. No one has tried to take it probably because no one in a position to do so thinks that they have it.

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 11:09 AM
link   
There is good evidence to suggest it is in Ethopia. However, some researchers claim that the Ethopians have made copies of the Ark that they carry out fully covered at their religious ceremonies so that no one can truely know where the "real" Ark is. This way, if someone finds a way to steal the Ark they would probably just be getting a copy of it, and not the actual one.

I would hypothesize that if the Ark is in Ethopia it is hidden somewhere secluded and well protected, rather than just saying "here it is for all to see". Maybe it is stored on that secluded island of Jewish Africans (have since forgot the name of the Island), somewhere in the middle of Lake Victoria I believe? Who knows?

Some people have even suggested that the construction of the Ark itself gives off a natural electric current that could account for all of its powers mentioned in the Bible. Maybe in this light, the Ark is more of an ancient "battery" of sorts?

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jazzerman
There is good evidence to suggest it is in Ethopia.

Such as? I am unfamiliar with it.

However, some researchers claim that the Ethopians have made copies of the Ark that they carry out fully covered at their religious ceremonies so that no one can truely know where the "real" Ark is. This way, if someone finds a way to steal the Ark they would probably just be getting a copy of it, and not the actual one.

secluded island of Jewish Africans (have since forgot the name of the Island), somewhere in the middle of Lake Victoria I believe?

Whats that all about, never heard of it before.

the Ark is more of an ancient "battery" of sorts?

I've heard people posit that, but even still, how could it do the miracles that are attributed to it? It was probably just a cult artifact, something that they brought out at times, and when they'd win a battle, they'd say 'god and the ark won this battle for us'.

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Nygdan...I will try to find the info. for you. Most of what I have as far as evidence is contained in many of my history books, but I will try to get you some book titles or links soon to show you what I am presenting. Stay tuned

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Ok, I was wrong. Its in Lake Tana, and is a small island named Tana Kirkos where Ethopian Christians now reside. I wish I could find more of the story for you but here is an excerpt in National Geographic about the island:
magma.nationalgeographic.com...

As far as Ethopian Jews are concerned:
www.msnbc.msn.com...

www.iaej.co.il...

Sorry if this area is lacking a little (evidence for the Ark in Ethopia), but aside from books there are not many links I am finding, but it does a pretty good job, and this PBS link is fairly good:
www.pbs.org...

www.freerepublic.com...

One thing is interesting though. Axxum (temple in Ethopia where the real Ark supposedly has been stored) was not around during the time of Solomon, and some have argued it isn't the ark they have. However, it may have been moved there at a later date and is the final resting place, but there is no evidence I can find to support that. So, the Ark MAY be in Ethopia, but as far as hard evidence history has lost all but a few fragments of the truth.

[edit on 3-9-2004 by Jazzerman]

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan

Why would the jewish high preists put the blood of the heretical radical jesus onto the blood of the ark?

Matthew 27,51: "And, behold, the veil of the temple was torn in two from the top to the bottom; and the earth shook, and the rocks rent;"

John 19,34: "But one of the soldiers with a spear pierced his side, and immediately came out blood and water."

The blood ran down the crack by itself, with no interference of any jewish priest, if there ever were any connection between the crack and the blood, that is. For that we do only got the words of Ron Wyatt.

And again. The sacrifice ceremonies were an image of the sacrifice of the Christ. His own sacrifice!! No priest there either.

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Dude, Ethiopia is a weird, weird and mysterious country. There is so much history and strangeness there it's ridiculous. If you ever read about the Lost Tribe you start to uncover how much history that country holds. Americans mostly only heard about the starvation there in the 80s. Then I met some Ethiopians in the States and found a lot more about that place. It's the world's oldest country. I'd like to travel there.

posted on Sep, 13 2004 @ 08:45 AM
link   

Matthew 27,51: "And, behold, the veil of the temple was torn in two from the top to the bottom; and the earth shook, and the rocks rent;"
John 19,34: "But one of the soldiers with a spear pierced his side, and immediately came out blood and water."

The blood ran down the crack by itself,

Lemme get this straight, because apparently I have misunderstood. YOu are saying that when jesus was stabbed while on the cross, his blood spilled on the ground, trickled down a crack in the ground, and fell onto the ark of the covenant, which for some reason was stored there?

For that we do only got the words of Ron Wyatt.

Weel, excuse me if I don't take his word for it.

And again. The sacrifice ceremonies were an image of the sacrifice of the Christ. His own sacrifice!! No priest there either.

Why is one supposed to think that the AoftheC was kep underneath where jesus was executed?

[edit on 13-9-2004 by Nygdan]

posted on Sep, 13 2004 @ 09:18 AM
link   
I agree with Nygdan, thats a far stretch to me and probably anyone. There'd have to be some sort of gigantic miracle (of course he was the son of god
) for that blood to trickle down into an underground grotto containing the famed ark. I'd be suprised if they found even a single timber from the ark. The best bet i've heard so far is Ethiopia.

[edit on 13-9-2004 by Linux]

posted on Sep, 13 2004 @ 09:22 AM
link   
I must agree with apw100, the nomadic hebrews were much too poor to have constructed an arc of solid gold. however, as long as we are on the topic of god and his power, let us imagine that if the arc really did exist and all the stories are true about the power that it held then could god not have presented it to the hebrews in some fasion or another solid gold and all and told them to put the stone tablets with the ten commandments on them in the arc???

posted on Sep, 13 2004 @ 06:55 PM
link   
Has anyone seen the Discovery Channel special on the ark? Many think it was a electrical capacitor. They took a wood box and lined the outside and the inside with gold. By the way the Hebrews melted the golden calf after Moses came down from the mountain, which is how the Hebrews got gold. So anyways the cover also was lined in gold and two cherubs where on top point their wings at each other. Now they have a capacitor and they would walk around the desert for awhile and static electricity would give it a charge. Think about the battle of Jericho when the Hebrews had to walk around the city for 7 days then they used the ark to blow the walls of Jericho down. The walls where probably about 10 to 15 feet high but the Ark had a charge of lightning. In my view though Hebrews 5000 years ago had no idea how to make a device like this so it could have been divine inspiration.

posted on Sep, 13 2004 @ 07:33 PM
link   
Seems like an uncontrolled box that builds up static charges would've behaved differently than the ark is said to have. I can't reasonably see it striking the walls of jerhico (which, I had thought, were said to have been brought down after the hebrews did several laps in silence around it, and then blew lots of rams horns) and actaully affecting it much and not killing anyone near it, nor how they could get it to work then and there.

Also, thats all rather speculative isn't it? And wouldn't they have to have something specific in the box in order for this to work, something that would prevent any static charge from disipating, to collect it? And wouldn't it just loose charge whenever it was grounded?

posted on Sep, 13 2004 @ 07:48 PM
link   
I tend to go with the theory that the Ark was some type of electrical capacitor or power source. Its odd that It is made out of Gold one of the best conductors of electricty and that it was carried around on wooden poles. Wood would have been one of the best insulators to them at that time.

Also the fact that when a person touched the Ark he could be killed is interesting. People could obviously touch the wood poles to carry it but not the Gold part of it. Perhaps this was due to the fact that it was carried a ectric current.

Another interesting fact is when you look at who built it. The instruction came from Moses and where was Moses schooled Egypt. Inside the Great Pyramid's lies the main chamber which contains a coffer that is thought to have held the body of the pharoh. Its interesting that this same coffer could fit the ARK poles and all inside it perfectly.

Perhaps Moses simply copied something he already saw in Eygpt. This coulds also explain reports of more then one ARK.

[edit on 13-9-2004 by ShadowXIX]

posted on Sep, 13 2004 @ 07:56 PM
link   

An electrifying interpretation of the Ark of the Covenant

An archaeological find in Iraq, outside of Baghdad, in the 1930s unearthed a clay jar whose inner construction resembled what could only be described as an electrical battery. Dubbed the "Baghdad Battery," a replica of the jar, when filled with an acidic electrolyte fermented fruit juice was capable of generating approximately 1.5 volts. Was electricity known and manipulated in the most distant antiquity?

The inner workings of the Baghdad Battery

This battery is 2000 yrs old. Ancient people were smater then we think

tlc.discovery.com...

posted on Sep, 13 2004 @ 09:58 PM
link   
Man, I wish I could remember where I saw this... or rather, what book... but anyways, the battery was supposedly used for electroplating stuff. They found 'wires' (not quite like the quality of todays wires, but...), and all the stuff for electroplating copper vasks and such with gold. If I remember right, though, I was reading about a battery from somewhere around the Giza Plateu. Man... way too much time in the library out of boredom, and way too many books...

posted on Sep, 14 2004 @ 12:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan

They didn't put it on it, as you know when Jesus was pierced by the spear there was an earthquake, which opened the ground beneath Jesus, where the ark was, The blood dripped into the hole and fell onto same spot on the ark as the blood that was sprinkled to forgive sins

I suggest looking here...

www.theforbiddenknowledge.com...

-

[edit on 14/9/04 by dnero6911]

posted on Sep, 14 2004 @ 06:24 AM
link   
If you want to know more about the Ethiopia theory, read the book called "The Sign And The Seal" by Graham Hancock. He spent years living in Ethiopia, travelling there, researching, he was the first western man allowed to witness the most sacred ceremony on that place where the Ark was supposed to be kept.
Hancock went to Ethiopia for totaly different reasons at first. He was working for a british newspaper, writing the story about poverty in Africa. He published a book too, I think it is called Lords Of Poverty. While he was researching that, he stumbled upon this weird tribe of black jewish christians, relatively isolated from all others.
In his book there is a lot about an ethiopian book called Kebra Negest, very very interesting read. Then he has done some EXTENSIVE research on templars and their quest for the Ark. Really amazing book. It took him years to collect all info.

Despite our age of information, a lot of things cannot be found on Internet, specially serious research. So, the lack of info on internet doesn't mean these things do not exist, or havent been proven.

The Sign and The Seal is one of the best books I've ever read, a fantastic summary of ethiopian history, culture, religion and of course the Ark.

posted on Sep, 19 2004 @ 07:24 PM
link   
The location of the ark is not a mystery to some people and fortunately Wyatt is not one of them. His claims were the fabrications of his imagination in order to save a museum that was on the verge of bankruptcy. The ark is safe where it is and will be brought out at a time appointed by the God of Abraham, Issac and Jacob..... not Allah._javascript:icon('
')

posted on Sep, 19 2004 @ 08:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Illmatic67
King Solomon took the Arc of the Covenant to Ethipoia and that is where it has been for the past 2,500 years.

It's not in a secret grotto underneath the place where Jesus died on the cross with his blood. Wake up out of that fairy tale.

Solomon was wisest man in all the world and God said there was no one like him.
Solomon had the wisdom to know the power and annointing that God had placed on the Ark. And By revelation from God, Solomon knew that other nations would be seeking the Ark for their own selfish gain. Solomon had several replicas constructed.

The Ark was not in the Holy of Holies (and neither was God's Shekinah/Presence) in the 2nd Temple, because the Prophet Jeremiah had the Ark moved before Nebudchadnezzer sacked Jerusalem and destroyed the 1st Temple. Accurate inventories (Dead Sea Scrolls) show the Ark was not removed from Temple Mount or Jerusalem by the Babylonians. Jeremiah had the move arranged because he was not a Levite. Only Levites are allowed to touch the Ark. Which is further evidence that Ron Wyatt did not find or touch "The Ark".

For you Raiders of the Lost Ark mentality.... The Ark was constructed in the wilderness on the 40 year journey to Israel. It was constructed at the same time the Tabernacle, Altar of incense, Menorah and Table of Showbread and other holy objects God commanded them to make. At no time was it ever in Egypt... not even the present.

As far as the Ethiopians goes.... if an Ark truly went back to Ethiopia it was a copy/ Replica that went back with the Queen of Sheba. The Ark was a very precious Gift for God's chosen people, and Solomon being the wisest man in the world was not given the authority to send the most Holiest posession to an unbelieving nation and he did not squander it.

Folks... please do some real research and diligent study of your own (Hint:you may have to leave the internet to do this). Also Read God's word and Seek God's Truth not man's version of it. Don't be hasty in believing rehashed internet lies._javascript:icon('
')

[edit on 19-9-2004 by Ben EL]

posted on Sep, 19 2004 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Illmatic67
King Solomon took the Arc of the Covenant to Ethipoia and that is where it has been for the past 2,500 years.

It's not in a secret grotto underneath the place where Jesus died on the cross with his blood. Wake up out of that fairy tale.

Solomon was wisest man in all the world and God said there was no one like him.
Solomon had the wisdom to know the power and annointing that God had placed on the Ark. And By revelation from God, Solomon knew that other nations would be seeking the Ark for their own selfish gain. Solomon had several replicas constructed.

The Ark was not in the Holy of Holies (and neither was God's Shekinah/Presence) in the 2nd Temple, because the Prophet Jeremiah had the Ark moved before Nebudchadnezzer sacked Jerusalem and destroyed the 1st Temple. Accurate inventories (Dead Sea Scrolls) show the Ark was not removed from Temple Mount or Jerusalem by the Babylonians. Jeremiah had the move arranged because he was not a Levite. Only Levites are allowed to touch the Ark. Which is further evidence that Ron Wyatt did not find or touch "The Ark".

For you Raiders of the Lost Ark mentality.... The Ark was constructed in the wilderness on the 40 year journey to Israel. It was constructed at the same time the Tabernacle, Altar of incense, Menorah and Table of Showbread and other holy objects God commanded them to make. At no time was it ever in Egypt... not even the present.

As far as the Ethiopians goes.... if an Ark truly went back to Ethiopia it was a copy/ Replica that went back with the Queen of Sheba. The Ark was a very precious Gift for God's chosen people, and Solomon being the wisest man in the world was not given the authority to send the most Holiest posession to an unbelieving nation and he did not squander it.

Folks... please do some real research and diligent study of your own (Hint:you may have to leave the internet to do this). Also Read God's word and Seek God's Truth not man's version of it. Don't be hasty in believing rehashed internet lies._javascript:icon('
')

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join