It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Skyrim - Character choice?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 10:07 AM
link   
With Skyrim just around the corner I am already finding myself pondering over just what type of character to build. Any veteren of Eldar Scrolls will know just how many hours you will be stuck with you're character choice so it is a big decision.

Swords or spells or a combo of both.

I am dreading the decision, memories of restarting my failed orc warrior attempt in Oblivion leaves me with no desire to repeat the same mistake and waste hours of play. I think I must be getting old.

I think I am pretty well set on being a Nord for race becuase Skyrim is the Nords land so it seems logical to me for the dragonborn to be a Nord but I do love the khajiit. Anyone already made a character choice decision?

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 10:13 AM
link   
reply to post by FreeSpeaker

I would go with a combo of weapons and magic.

And honestly, I wouldn't worry too much about the choice. Since they got rid of the class-based system, it doesn't look like there will be many limitations as far as your leveling-up goes, and as for picking your race, I guess it just depends on what perks you want to start out with (if they kept that much the same).

I tend to stick with redguards, but we'll have to see how it goes. And while I'm excited about the game, if I hold true to form, it will likely be quite awhile and dropped in price before I get around to picking it up. Anyhow, enjoy - it definitely looks fantastic.

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 10:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Praetorius

My failed orc was too dumb to join the mages guild without me spending many many hours bringing up his intelligence.

I don't want the same problem again.

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Luckily, Bethesda has heard the complaints of the TES community and changed some things to loosen the restrictions placed on your character by your initial choices made before the game even starts.
Your race and racial benefits will still be set in stone, but you can decide which sign you become and which class you build as the game goes. Plus, the ability to dual-wield any weapon/magic combo you can dream up and the various dragon shouts and optional perks a'la Fallout 3 and your male nord and mine could end up being quite different!
I'm a huge fan of Bethesda Softworks and have been hooked of TES since Morrowind on the Xbox, so I'm SUPER STOKED about this game. good luck saving the world!!

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 10:18 AM
link   
i dont know why but i'm always a nord.
they look like hard gits.
steed as my starsign usually for go faster stripes.
then when i start playing i rob everyone who owns a house.(adventuring costs money)

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 10:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Praetorius

Waiting for the price drop is smart. then you get the GOTY addition and all the DLC. I, on the other hand, won't be able to sleep or eat knowing that you jerks are all playing Skyrim while i wait for the price drop! I'll be playing it on the night of the eleventh.

Oh, and to answer the OP's question; Redguard Battlemage, shortsword in my right hand, fireball in my left.

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 10:22 AM
link   
human mage, ( kanavaricius for mage guild president 2011 )(served as head of mage guild in 2007) .......nuff said?
p.s. a big bag of christmas cheer will be required for campaign success.
edit on 2-11-2011 by POPtheKlEEN89 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by RicoMarston

Luckily, Bethesda has heard the complaints of the TES community and changed some things to loosen the restrictions placed on your character by your initial choices made before the game even starts.

That sounds reassuring.

Originally posted by RicoMarston
I'm a huge fan of Bethesda Softworks and have been hooked of TES since Morrowind on the Xbox, so I'm SUPER STOKED about this game. good luck saving the world!!

Morrowind drew me in also and now I can hardly wait for more. I expect to be getting little sleep between the 11th and 14th. Already warned the guys at work that I might be coming in late most days of November. Its nice to be the boss.

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 10:31 AM
link   
Ive had a nord as my main profile since morrowind prob cause they look like me haha. I was Never really a magic guy, sword blunt hand to hand athletics heavy armor maybe acrobatics maybe archery.definite custom class. Ill have to wait and see to be sure .
Oh i see no class system thats cool. I also made an all white orc just by messing with the color and changed my level up attributes to fit what i was used to doing with the nord. Then didnt make any of the mistakes i made with the nord. Also a had a very succesful argonian archer. Wish they would have put the "jaguar men" in this one the khajiit that are the size of orcs. Or been able to create mixed races. But my first profile was the most complete 100% chameleon armor. So powerful at one point i had no use for armor or weapons just my hands. Also had a glitch i became a vampire early and was stuck in the first stage of a vampire never needed to feed
edit on 2-11-2011 by Corpsehoagie because: Class

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Corpsehoagie
I was Never really a magic guy, sword blunt hand to hand athletics heavy armor maybe acrobatics maybe archery.definite custom class. Ill have to wait and see to be sure

I think custom class is a must and I am very interested in archery this time becuase of the dragons. I think shooting arrows at flying dragons will be better than taking swings at it while it dives at you.
edit on 2-11-2011 by FreeSpeaker because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 11:14 AM
link   
Argonian Rogue for the first playthrough, then a Nord Battle Mage.

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 11:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Juston

Argornian FTW!!!

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Being a thief in Eldar Scrolls games is always one of the most enjoyable aspects for me. I don't know why but I need to know whats in every house and castle. I love stealing the nice stuff from the castles and rich manor houses. As someone already said, adventuring is expensive.

edit on 2-11-2011 by FreeSpeaker because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 11:35 AM
link   

yay i'm a someone.
never really thought about using archery against the dragons, could be good but i'd rather swing my sword like madman and use a spell if it's out of reach.
im usually fairly suicidal on these kinda games, i'll probably jump off a tall castle tower and hope i land on the thing to slash away at its back.

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by listerofsmeg

im usually fairly suicidal on these kinda games, i'll probably jump off a tall castle tower and hope i land on the thing to slash away at its back.

Its too bad they took out falling as a way to lvl up acrobatics. Actaully I think I read they took out that skill all togethar.

On the demo part3 the guy jumps out the window from a huge height when fighting the dragon and seems to take little or no damage. Maybe he has an enchanted item for falling or maybe it was a skill but I wish I knew for sure. I too would love a chance to dive on a dragons back and bury a axe in its skull. Lets keep our fingers crossed that we may be able too.

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 12:01 PM
link   

its a shame the got rid of levitation and slow falling too.
oblivion lost points with me for that.
i hope they don't simplify skyrim too much. i like complicated games.

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 01:05 PM
link   
I like to play sneaky characters, and I'm all about the Black Brotherhood in Eldar Scrolls. So, I'll likely choose a Dark Elf for Race.

As for skills, Light Armor, Blade (love the dual wield option in Skyrim), and Marksman... I'll also be making potions and poisons like crazy... Nothing like a well-poisoned arrow (or paralysis), fired while sneaking, out of the darkness, to slay a foe sometimes before they can even react!

The only magic I'll use is pretty much some minor stuff like Healing. Most of my magic will be from potions, like Invisibility, Night Eye, Water Breathing, Chameleon, Feather, etc.

Being a thief in Eldar Scrolls games is always one of the most enjoyable aspects for me. I don't know why but I need to know whats in every house and castle. I love stealing the nice stuff from the castles and rich manor houses. As someone already said, adventuring is expensive

Heck yeah! I'd steal every single house in the city blind, hehe. (and murder any non-quest NPCs in their sleep!) Well, or feed from them once turned into a vampire. I even made a potion (Restore Health) that I called Sunblock 1000 for use when going out in the daytime, that helped offset the damage.

Its too bad they took out falling as a way to lvl up acrobatics. Actaully I think I read they took out that skill all togethar.

I hope not, or at least there's a substitute. I loved being able to jump up on huts and snipe Ogres while they vainly tried to reach up at me, as I turned them into pin cushions...

Hope I can make my Magekiller Poison (Silence + Paralysis)...

edit on 2-11-2011 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
I like to play sneaky characters, and I'm all about the Black Brotherhood in Eldar Scrolls. So, I'll likely choose a Dark Elf for Race.

Did you read this article on IGN? There are a few spoilers so be warned! If you want to forgo reading it I will only say our introduction to the Black Hand is pretty interesting this time.

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Greetings, i am chats

meet you at the arena !
Meoww

btw : is there any multiplayer in the cauldron ?
edit on 5-11-2011 by chats because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by chats
btw : is there any multiplayer in the cauldron ?

never

top topics

<<   2 >>

join