It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Republican Presidential Candidate Puppets

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 01:36 PM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

Rick Perry supporters are more likely to switch over to Romney.

Cain supporters are more likely to switch over to Bachmann.

I would even guess Newt would pick up some supporters. But I don't see Rick Perry supporters switching over to Paul. A portion of Cain supporters may move to Paul...but I think it is more likely for them to move to the other candidate they see as the Tea Party candidate...Bachmann.
I don't really have much to say regarding who will switch over to who. I can't read their minds, so I don't know for what reasons they support those people. Even if everything works out perfectly, Perry drops because he's stupid, Cain drops because of his failure of a tax plan and his sexual harrassment incident, and Gingrich drops slightly for whatever reason, he will still have Mount Romney to climb. But then there's the question of who they will switch to, so that's where the suspense comes in.
edit on 2-11-2011 by TupacShakur because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 09:28 PM
link   
You guys should realize Ron Paul has the best ground game and organization in Iowa, it is a caucus and he does have a chance to win it. He also has great organization in NH, Louisiana and Nevada, all early primary states and he can win NH, LA, NV, WA. He could also win Texas, a huge victory though it isn't an early state.

I doubt Romney will be losing NH but if RP can cut it close to him in NH, he might be able to start picking up enough wins to compete directly with Romney.

Oh and btw, 8% is the real clear politics average.

Ron is currently at about 10-12% nationally and that is without the media's help, just wait to see what happens when he wins Iowa.

Also notice Gingrich rising up in the polls, the media is setting him up to be the next 'it' candidate when its time. The whole point is to make sure that it is Romney vs 'another sell out' right before the primaries start.
edit on 2-11-2011 by eLPresidente because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher
I've heard this a few times...but it simply isn't true.

At this time in 2007, McCain was leading the polls by 5-12%.

I guess it depends upon where you look.
Link. Scroll down to the time period late October and earlier. Thompson and Giuliani consistently out polled McCain.

The point being, whatever the polls say today and what shakes out over the next 6-8 months will likely be very different.

new topics

<< 1   >>

join