It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ALERT:Chemical Rocket Attack by Iraqi Resistance

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 03:19 PM
link   
This is being reported by Jihad Unspun. I am unsure of the reliablity of this source. That's why I am not posting it as a news item, but posting it here.

You be the judge.

www.jihadunspun.net
Sep 01, 2004
By Muhammad Abu Nasr, Free Arab Voice

The correspondent of Mafkarat al-Islam reported last night that exclusive sources had reported details regarding chemical attacks on the US base in the town of Balad that inflicted heavy losses in men and material in the American camp there.

Iraqi Resistance forces fired Katyusha rockets and mortars at the US base in the town of Balad, north of Baghdad on Tuesday. The US base in Balad is one of the main American occupation facilities in Iraq. Yhe Resistance began an intermittent barrage on the base at 6:00am and that mortars and rockets were still being fired at the base from all directions now and again up until the time he filed his report.

According to the correspondent, the exclusive sources reported that tactical chemical rockets struck the US camp in such large numbers that two large Black Hawk helicopters made five trips each to transport the dead and wounded to hospital. Each helicopter reportedly has a capacity of eight to 10 wounded at one time. The dead could be loaded in larger quantities, of course. US troops prevented Iraqi employees from gaining access to the camp after the attack.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Seems well written, but much like propoganda by the jihadists. However, if true this would indicate that there is alot our government is not telling us about how the war is going.

At the same time, this indicates that the WMD that the Bush administration went to war over, are indeed in Iraq, and that the war failed to keep those weapons from getting into the hands of terrorists. On the contrary, the war put these weapons into the hands of terrorist.

[edit on 9/1/2004 by phreak_of_nature]

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 03:39 PM
link   

At the same time, this indicates that the WMD that the Bush administration went to war over, are indeed in Iraq, and that the war failed to keep those weapons from getting into the hands of terrorists. On the contrary, the war put these weapons into the hands of terrorist.

Even If this is really true, it doesn't mean that the WMD necessarily came from an official Saddam Hussein Iraqi chemical weapon stockpile (for instance, middle-eastern military factions could have brought the chemical weapons into Iraq at any time before or after our invasion and had no ties with el Saddam). As I see it, the only way the Bush-camp could justify this war now would be to find a massive chemical weapon stockpile that has "Iraqi Military Chemical Weapons Stockpile" written all over the building it is housed in...

-Attero

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Attero Auctorita

Even If this is really true, it doesn't mean that the WMD necessarily came from an official Saddam Hussein Iraqi chemical weapon stockpile (for instance, middle-eastern military factions could have brought the chemical weapons into Iraq at any time before or after our invasion and had no ties with el Saddam). As I see it, the only way the Bush-camp could justify this war now would be to find a massive chemical weapon stockpile that has "Iraqi Military Chemical Weapons Stockpile" written all over the building it is housed in...

-Attero

It's all symantics...if the resistance has chem weapons, who care is they got them from an official Sadam stockpile...what's important is that they have them and they are obviously able to use them. I say release the hounds of hell.

p1

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Interesting.. The resistance has our troops pretty much bunkered down in our bases.. now they're attacking our bases with chem rockets.. not good

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 10:25 PM
link   
I have looked at many other news sources trying to confirm this. I haven't been able to. This may just be more propaganda.

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 05:26 PM
link   
How many of you recognize bull s h i t when you see it? Maybe UFO's really did it. hahahahahaha

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 05:45 PM
link   
no mention of what chemicals were supposedly used..It sounds like propaganda to me too.

If that's the case though, the next question should be, who's propaganda is it? Who stands to gain by saying the Iraqi rebels have chemical weapons? Not the rebels themselves, certainly.

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 06:05 PM
link   
If it is true, it is definately good news for Bush's campaign... WMDs found!!! Time is running out. Sorry for those who died...

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by muppet
no mention of what chemicals were supposedly used..It sounds like propaganda to me too.

If that's the case though, the next question should be, who's propaganda is it? Who stands to gain by saying the Iraqi rebels have chemical weapons? Not the rebels themselves, certainly.

Well I would assume it's jihadist propoganda. They would want peole to believe that the jihadis are winning the battle against the Americans. They want to spin it that the American's are taking heavy casualties and are being defeated. Good propoganda is supposed to inspire the intended audience.

If those putting this stuff out know it to be untrue, then they won't worry about chemical weapons being used.

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 06:33 AM
link   
Nothing on the news in the UK about this. I think if this were really true, the bush-monkey and Tony B.liar would be shouting it from the rooftops.

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 06:38 AM
link   
Not only monkey and b-liar would be shouting it from treetops (lovely sentence there Chris
) but don't you think iraqi resistance would have used them already if they really had them? They've got nothing to lose.

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 07:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by k33l
Not only monkey and b-liar would be shouting it from treetops (lovely sentence there Chris
) but don't you think iraqi resistance would have used them already if they really had them? They've got nothing to lose.

The shipment only arrived this week from the USA.

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 07:25 AM
link   
One debunker. Of course, that could be propaganda, also.

www.rense.com...

COMSEUR

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 07:25 AM
link   
This particular story is unconfirmed, and to be quite honest...is pure unsubstantiated BS. My thoughts would be that someone or somebody needs to stay away from jihadunspun.com......

seekerof

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 07:34 AM
link   
If they used chemical weapons againist the americans, then the american will have to get their batch. chemical weapons the american side would finish battles from 12 hours to 12 minutes

posted on Sep, 4 2004 @ 06:54 AM
link   
Do any of you remember the Iran/Iraq war of the 1980's? Do you remember reading or seeing on television of good ole Saddam gassing his own people? Now, tell me good ole Saddam didn't have any WMD. He used it before, so he had them and they (WMD) are still available. I would say or guess you might just find them in the Bekka Valley. I would guess that there is alot of stuff we haven't been told nor will we. Some of it, we just don't need to know.

new topics

top topics

join