It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Area 51

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Go to this web site for further details.

aliendave.com...

Mod Edit: Fixed typo in thread title

[edit on 1-9-2004 by Spectre]

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Could very well be a replacement for area 51.

Like I said in one of the other forum sections regarding area 51:

"It would be pretty stupid to keep everything tested there still, when people over the years have become more curious and desperate to expose anything they can get hands on."

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 03:25 PM
link   
i liked the way the website was layed-out, the graphics and links and everything. pretty cool. no opinion on whether all the info on there is true or not.

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Once again...

**MEMBERS: Do not simply post news articles in the forums without comment. If you feel inclined to make the board aware of current events, please post the first paragraph, a link to the entire story, AND your opinion, twist or take on the news item.**

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Utah has long been the location of Dugway Proving Grounds - an area used for Biohazard exercises. Michael AAF is in a restricted area like Groom Lake, but it has one added benifit. Who would go look at aircraft in an area that could have biological contamination (that is what the Gov't wants you to think at least).

As for the new construction, one can only speculate. We know that Indian Springs AAF (of similar vintage) is now used for Predator operations. Michael AAF's use could be the 'TTR' type of move the F-117 went though after its move from Groom Lake.

=-Rich

posted on Sep, 5 2004 @ 05:15 AM
link   
But will something like that be built?
so that there would be 2 such things?

posted on Sep, 5 2004 @ 06:38 PM
link   
I don't think that Michael AAF would be whole new A51. But it might be used in conjunction with Groom, like Basecamp is used (or allegedly) in conjunction with 51.

Here is quote from globalsecurity.org relating Michael AAF with Edwards AFB. Most of us have heard of 51's relation with Edwards. AKA - AFFTC Det. 3

"The flight-test program for the X-33, an unmanned reusable launch vehicle being developed by NASA and Lockheed Martin, called for suborbital flights between Edwards AFB, California; Michael AAF at Dugway Proving Grounds, Utah; and Malmstrom AFB, Montana."

The only other thing I see in that page is the repair needed.

"Currently, the airfield requires significant repairs to the main runway, taxiways and parking aprons to remain open and operational. The runway was originally constructed in 1951 and has been in disrepair since 1985, with high severity cracking on the runway."

I'm also not too sure about the Army working so closely with the Air Force's multi-billion dollar black operation. But, I wouldn't be too skeptical about the Army doing some black operations of their own??

posted on Sep, 5 2004 @ 07:33 PM
link   
If I were to look for a new Area 51, I would probably look in the St. George, UT area. Just a thought.

posted on Sep, 13 2004 @ 12:38 PM
link   
I always knew they will build something like A51
I only thought they will use both at the same time

posted on Sep, 14 2004 @ 03:33 AM
link   
So they have a new base.. who cares? its just another reason for america to piss n moan about or governments secret activities.. lets leave it at this one fact ok ..>>>WE KNOW AREA 51 EXISTS

posted on Sep, 30 2004 @ 12:59 PM
link   
What exactly is going to be this new A51 used for?
What will they place there?
What will be guarding it?
What levels will it have?

posted on Sep, 30 2004 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by AtheiX
What exactly is going to be this new A51 used for?
What will they place there?
What will be guarding it?
What levels will it have?

Who are you asking? Obviously no one here can answer these questions.

The following is not a personal attack on anyone here, it's just my opinion! ****

I am sick and tired of people saying "Area 51 is closed coz everyone knows about it now! They have a NEW AREA 51 SOMWHERE! GOOSE GOOSE!!!!"

A few thousand tinfoil hatted enthusiasts trying desperately to poke their nose in secret government business is NOT enough to shut down such an expensive secret facility. The public at large knows about Area 51 and you know how much it matters? Not at all. So you know that the government has a secret testing facity in the desert, what are you gonna do about it? NOTHING. You're going to talk about it... Hearsay and conjecture will abound... NO THREAT IS POSED to the base itself. Maybe the next time you vacation in Vegas, you'll take a trip out there and see what you can see - and you'll see nothing.

The Groom Lake facility is the premier testing area for newly developed military aircraft... Period.

If you're looking for other secret operations that aren't military aircraft related, there are several sites around the globe that may interest you, including HAARP and Pine Gap and Antarctica and wherever else.

I would like to stress that just because people trade theories about a secret base, the base will not shut its multi-billion dollar doors. Get over yourselves (again this is not a personal attack on anyone, just conspiracists in general).

Zip

posted on Sep, 30 2004 @ 03:00 PM
link   
I'd like to add that rumours about TOTALLY AWESOME FREAGING TECHNOLOGY in development at Area 51 do NOT HURT Area 51. These kinds of rumours don't give anything away to the enemy except for making them think, "Whoa! I bet they have TOTALLY AWESOME FREAGING TECHNOLOGY there..."

Zip

posted on Sep, 30 2004 @ 03:02 PM
link   
My money is on that Area 51 has not, and will not move. Any other facilities like this would be used for staging for deployment. From what i saw of from the overheads it has fairly poor facilities, not much hangars space. I'd say look at TTR more. JANETs keep flying there far more than what you'd expect from a "caretaker status" type situation.

posted on Oct, 1 2004 @ 12:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Spectre
Once again...

**MEMBERS: Do not simply post news articles in the forums without comment. If you feel inclined to make the board aware of current events, please post the first paragraph, a link to the entire story, AND your opinion, twist or take on the news item.**

Spectre - oppessor of free speech!!!

posted on Oct, 1 2004 @ 12:59 AM
link   
Definite a51 type base but the true secret base is one you cannot see.

Underground, underwater somewhere. Luv those guys who say its still a secret base naive or wot! Area 51 is a BASE not a secret base. Define secret. You luv your urban legends in the US.

posted on Oct, 1 2004 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Munro_DreadGod

Underground, underwater somewhere. Luv those guys who say its still a secret base naive or wot! Area 51 is a BASE not a secret base. Define secret. You luv your urban legends in the US.

*SIGH*...

How can they test new airplanes underwater, dude? Underground?

Secret =
1 a : kept from knowledge or view : HIDDEN b : marked by the habit of discretion : CLOSEMOUTHED c : working with hidden aims or methods : UNDERCOVER d : not acknowledged : UNAVOWED e : conducted in secret
2 : remote from human frequentation or notice : SECLUDED
3 : revealed only to the initiated : ESOTERIC
4 : constructed so as to elude observation or detection
5 : containing information whose unauthorized disclosure could endanger national security

AREA 51 IS ALL 5 KINDS OF THE DEFINITION OF SECRET.
Munro, read my last post here and respond to it if you like.

Zip

posted on Oct, 1 2004 @ 05:10 PM
link   
So, what is the meaning of this topic?

posted on Oct, 1 2004 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zipdot

Originally posted by Munro_DreadGod

*SIGH*...

How can they test new airplanes underwater, dude? Underground?

Well did i mention airplanes, what about subs would be a good place to test them, possibly.

Secret =
1 a : kept from knowledge or view : HIDDEN b : marked by the habit of discretion : CLOSEMOUTHED c : working with hidden aims or methods : UNDERCOVER d : not acknowledged : UNAVOWED e : conducted in secret
2 : remote from human frequentation or notice : SECLUDED
3 : revealed only to the initiated : ESOTERIC
4 : constructed so as to elude observation or detection
5 : containing information whose unauthorized disclosure could endanger national security

AREA 51 IS ALL 5 KINDS OF THE DEFINITION OF SECRET.
Munro, read my last post here and respond to it if you like.

Zip

point two seems to be a bit shakey as many people notice it as for three I live in the UK and know it exists and have viewed pics of it. We could argue points but lol

Its a Military base with restricted access which holds secrets no doubt but overall A51 is not a secret base BECAUSE WE KNOW IT EXISTS AND WHERE IT IS. cant you at least admit that point as its the only point im trying to make.

posted on Oct, 1 2004 @ 10:51 PM
link   
my answer is pretty much the same as thaos propley just a replacement

new topics

<<   2 >>

join