It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Now that Greece is dragging us all under, what is going to happen?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 04:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by organdonor
reply to post by Required01

for starters I'm glad to see you talking in a more civilised and calm manner!The reason I personally attacked you is that you were promoting a false image my country's reality. You were mislead or at least confused.The number of the civil servants were wrong,the numbers of the pensions duration were wrong also!I understand the way you feel about Greece but let me tell you that the consequences you are about to feel are the results of the poor judgement of other countries to continue to finance Greece .Austerity measures and reforms should have come a decade ago!!

I would like to see how 'frustrated' your get when talking to a brick wall, but that part aside. I was not promoting false information abour Greece, if you read more carefully you can see that those numbers where not mine, but supplied by another poster here. That completely misunderstood her/his entire source.

That's what the large majority of the greek citizens are shouting about!we are at the verge of taking all the austerity measures,selling all our public services and companies and ending up bankrupt due to our PM's poor political will.We never tried to resolve our false management issues of these services and companies at the first place to make them viable and healthy!On top of that selling them for a pennys worth now because of their plunged stock values is not going to bring a worthy return,it's more like a sell off rather than a privatisation!
We need to optimise these companies and then consider selling when the best opportunity arises but here in greece our PM and FM are more eager to sell them without considering this option!

Look your PM is not long in office anymore, your opposition is already calling for him to 'retire' and with the PM's stupid idea to hold a referendum this will not take long. But this initial debate was about what would happen if greece would drag us under, witch if they where to default they would. Everything what happens in the Eu specially an entire country falling out of it has drastic effects on other Eu countries. Just look at what the stock market is doing, we here opened higher just by the announcement that the referendum is not going to take place. While when they brought the referendum out beginning this week we dropped like crazy.

Keep in mind that at this point nothing was even happening yet! just the mention of Greece and a possible default because of a 'public voting' got the market on edge. Now imagin what would happen if it did default, the impacts would be much greater then MOST people here are either seeing or willing to admit.

Remember countries are not run with loans but with income from the citizens,loans cover their their surplus needs that the income can't cover such as previous loans!A few posts back I talked about a selective default to the foreing lenders for some years so as give time to build a self sustained country and economy.
With the present PM in office this is a one way street.We need change in leadership asap,not in six months but now,someone radical and driven by national interest so as to restore and the sustain the local economy while balancing Austerity measures with growth!TextA haircut might not be needed because of the local and global consequences I described earlier.In my opinion time is of the essence here,time to develop and correct the wrong doings of the past Greek goverments!

Sorry but countries WHERE not ran on loans, they are now! Why raise a debt sealing if you have no loans(USA)?
Why did you think Belgium 'saved' there bank that almost tipped over and went bankrupt not 2 months ago? We as a WORLD are in one big sh*thole in terms of economiecs, it's so unstable that it is bound to go wrong before the end of 2012 (and no this is NOT a 2012 DOOM scenario!). Our 2008 resession is not even over yet and brokers here already antisipate another resession according to a dutch bank's broker poll! That poll is at an all time low since 2002!

if you read a few posts above you will see I totally agree with your views

I never came here to get people to agree with me, just to see another side of the story and draw there own conclusion. If you be honest most people here only talk about the brief things they see in the news. While me and like some others here are actually keeping up to date on all changes and desisions made.

edit on 4-11-2011 by Required01 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 06:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Required01

I admit I'm a bit edgy nowadays due to the constant news bombardment and the need for change in this god foshaken country!(goes to the brick wall taking part in your comment)
My country has been running on loans since the the revolution against the Turks.The revolution was funded by an english loan back in the 1800's thats how back this story goes...!Our growth as a country should have been at smaller rate thus more progressive for us to be a financialy healthy country,and we should be set as an example of financial mismanagement for future countries.
Overlending led the world to worship the GDP ratio.
Glad to see that you accept the fact it's a global financial sh*thole and that was my point exactly Greece isn't the gun,it's the trigger,if we were to disappear it could as well be Italy in our place!But that's an other conversation.
pin pointing the crisis to Greece is at least naive and that was my basic argument!

I think that most of us here who get into trouble to make an argument at this topic follow the economical news and trends constantly and have a collective view of the world and corelations between countries.

nice talking to you after all,thanks for a creative discussion!
edit on 4-11-2011 by organdonor because: (no reason given)

new topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join