It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

finally after a YEAR without work

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+6 more 
posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 02:22 AM
link   
I have a job at Walmart, 9.75 an hour and guaranteed 33 hours a week!

I feel SO good now. No more food stamps, no more nothing.
DDD

I had to share this great news with all of you. ^_^ I'm finally SOMEONE again!

edit: OH MY this was my 300th post too! I just realized that. Hehe. wow.

edit on 2-11-2011 by sarra1833 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 02:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by sarra1833
I have a job at Walmart, 9.75 an hour and guaranteed 33 hours a week!

I feel SO good now. No more food stamps, no more nothing.
DDD

I had to share this great news with all of you. ^_^ I'm finally SOMEONE again!

edit: OH MY this was my 300th post too! I just realized that. Hehe. wow.

edit on 2-11-2011 by sarra1833 because: (no reason given)

GRATS....Very happy for you, Good Luck

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 02:26 AM
link   
reply to post by sarra1833

I'm happy to hear that. Also, glad you didn't give up and resort to unsavory methods to get by as many others who are in the same situation do.

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 02:27 AM
link   
Unless you completely object to moving..... North Dakota is hiring Big Time. Google news on that if you want. Truck Drivers 80 grand, fast food $15 per, and everything in between. The giant shale oil found there is stimulating the economy from top to bottom. Parts of Wyoming and Idaho are doing well too.

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 02:28 AM
link   

Congratulations on finding work! Good luck there too!

I've been out of work for a while myself now as well but I'm up early this morning to catch a train for a job interview.. first one for a while so plenty of nerves, lol.

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 02:31 AM
link   
Good on you, although if its possible I would try to get a job somewhere that isn't evil, try landscape gardening or something similar, don't suck on the teet of the devil.....(figuratively speaking of course)

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 02:33 AM
link   
Good luck to everyone looking for a job or starting a new one! Don't give up.

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 02:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Rising Against

Hey RA, long time no speak, I would look into something a bit more earthy if you can, I have been doing re-vegetation work in between my music which has been really rewarding, we basically make wetlands and balance out the environment in my city, its great and its hard work, not sure how much there would be in the UK though.

Anyway man, good to see you pop up, good luck with the jobs my friend.

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 02:37 AM
link   
food stamps come with free wifi now?

lol congrats.

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 02:45 AM
link   
reply to post by OUNjahhryn

Lol kinda confused about what you're saying. xD But nope, food stamps are just that and nothing else. A way to feed yourself when you're at the bottom of your rope. If it weren't for that help. we would have starved to death. Can't buy things like deodorant or toilet paper or anything like that, nope. But food, yes. I'm grateful to have had the opp to utilize them during a desperate time - but I'm more grateful to be able to call and say I have work now, and i know I'm going to have to spend less than what you all were giving us a month, but it's MY money earning this food and I'm taking it with full pride and gratitude.

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 02:45 AM
link   
reply to post by OUNjahhryn

Class-ism mate, that's what it's called.

just to clarify I was referring to your comment about free wifi, you are a classist, and need to drop that guise.
edit on 2-11-2011 by sir_slide because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 02:58 AM
link   
Congrats op, to you and your son!!!!!! You're right, you should be proud of yourself, and don't feel bad about who you're working for, as a struggling single mom I totally get it, taking care of your kids comes first and everything else-- even the really important things-- come 125th, 126th, 127th.

And good luck to the rest of of you looking for jobs!!!

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 03:02 AM
link   
Congratz
walmart seem like a pretty good company to work for my aunt retired from walmart and is doing very well in her golden years. they used to offer stock options and profit sharing im not sure if the still do but i know they atleast have health care options which is a huge benefit, paid vacations,paid maturity leave dental and eye so its not like its a horrible company that treats there employees like complete carbage like the fast food industry and most other service industry jobs. the job will be what u make of it either u can dwell on the negatives or embrace the positives and try to move up the ladder to make more money.

Im disabled from an almost fatal car accident but I feel i could work a few hours a week as a greeter at walmart because they allow greeters to sit down and they save those positions for the elderly and disabled and I have thought about applying there myself just to get out of the house and have some human contact a few hours a week
edit on 2-11-2011 by pez1975 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 03:13 AM
link   
Congratulations. I know what the out-of-work-and-on-food-stamps scenario is like. I've been out of work since January.

I saw someone mentioned North Dakota. I'm not far from there. Might check it out.

Good luck, my friend.

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 03:15 AM
link   
Thanks again, everyone

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 03:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by pez1975
Congratz
walmart seem like a pretty good company to work for my aunt retired from walmart and is doing very well in her golden years. they used to offer stock options and profit sharing im not sure if the still do but i know they atleast have health care options which is a huge benefit, paid vacations,paid maturity leave dental and eye so its not like its a horrible company that treats there employees like complete carbage like the fast food industry and most other service industry jobs. the job will be what u make of it either u can dwell on the negatives or embrace the positives and try to move up the ladder to make more money.

Im disabled from an almost fatal car accident but I feel i could work a few hours a week as a greeter at walmart because they allow greeters to sit down and they save those positions for the elderly and disabled and I have thought about applying there myself just to get out of the house and have some human contact a few hours a week
edit on 2-11-2011 by pez1975 because: (no reason given)

Definitely go for it

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 03:30 AM
link   

Ride that evil teet till the wheels pop off.

Good luck.

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 03:32 AM
link   
Just curious, try not to take this the wrong way, do you have a college degree?
If so what is your degree?

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 03:43 AM
link   
Just short of the billions a banker makes a day!

Our peanuts are indeed salty

Congratulations tho, You work harder now than any of those so called business men.

And I know how good it feels to do a good days work for a days pay.. Far better than being given it.

It is a strange world we live in, when someone who works hard feels better about it, than someone who earns millions for sitting on their arse.

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 03:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by ImmortalThought
Just curious, try not to take this the wrong way, do you have a college degree?
If so what is your degree?

working on it. First time in college, online with Devry getting my bachelors in web/graphic design and animation. I'm thinking of concurrently getting my cert in Medical transcription as well since I don't know how well I'll find work in my degree when I graduate and those loans are 68k before interest. a few grants in there but unsure how much is taken off that sum.

The med trans is only 760 dollars for 12 to 15 month course (your pace) and it's 49 a month or so, with something like 39 down and then a final payment of 22 dollars. Figured everyone is hiring for that, can work at home, get good money. It would be something to help out paying off those loans til I start up my business for web/graphic design, animation, voice over work for vid games and animated shows, animation for vid games and a slew of other things.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join