It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Regarding what one 'sees' when they pass over

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 02:21 AM
link   
That post about Steve Jobs and how he gazed at his significant other, his kids, and a few others in his room and then looked past them and cried out, "Oh wow! Oh wow! Oh wow!" and then died - and reading others' tales about their loved ones having good or bad last words/faces, etc. got me thinking.

I'm kinda excited for when that happens to me. I mean, NO one knows for sure what it really is - passed on loved ones coming to get you, whatever holy person one believes in (God, Allah, Great Spirit, etc), the Devil, or medical melt down visuals from your body freaking out in the last moments - but it's been documented enough that it's got to hold SOME kind of bearing no matter what scenario it is.

I'm not saying I want it to happen tonight, haha. But I am kinda looking forward to it. Too bad we can't tell our loved ones what it is. Though there have been those who have died and returned to tell about it.

Most of the stories though, be it actual death or those who died during surgery and came back, are never those who go in freak accidents. I wonder if they get to experience it too. Whatever 'it' is. What do you think? I mean about all of this, from bedside passing to operating tables to freak accidents?

Anything is possible. This is one area where everyone has their own opinions. They agree, disagree, tell their personal tales, they scoff and poo poo it: and every single one of those opinions are correctt because frankly, don't KNOW what the truth is so it's all correct. But I sure would love to hear your thoughts and opinions on it.

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 02:57 AM
link   
When you go in a hospital, they usually dope you up pretty good so you eventually just stop breathing while you are pretty much unconscious. Seems like they rob you of the final pain and experience of death.

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 04:05 AM
link   
Near-death experiences are simply "manifestations of normal brain functions gone awry", researchers say. Just like everything else that seems to be supernatural can be explained with good old science. Simples.
Wee bit off topic, was watching paranormal activity 2 last night with my girlfriend and had a hard time trying to explain how it can never happened. To my shock she believes in ghost more than aliens!! Turns out my friend's the same. People need to listen to science more. A shame really.. Anyway here's the link to the bcc news article. Enjoy..
Near Death all in the mind

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 04:10 AM
link   
reply to post by sarra1833

I'm in total agreement with you. I don't really believe in the whole heaven and hell thing but I do believe that you're either rewarded in some way for positive karma you've accumulated or when you take your final breath, that's it and you wouldn't know the difference anyway. Either way, I too don't fear death (after I've lived a long life, lol) and hope there's something amazing waiting.

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 04:19 AM
link   
reply to post by jimgibson10

hi... so where do you think the illusion of life is visualized or manifested without the mind? the mind is a gateway/stargate... pineal gland.

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 08:17 AM
link   
After I lost my mom unexpectedly, I became very interested in the subject. I did a lot of reading - spent a small fortune on books until I finally turned to the local library (duh). Anyway, I know what you mean about looking forward to it. After my loss, I admit I was very depressed and grief-stricken, and I wanted to die to be with her again. But once the grief lessened, I had to come to terms with a new emotion of looking forward to the experience, even though I hope my time doesn't come for several decades.
I think this was fueled by what I considered to be visitations from my mother. It boosted my confidence that there are better things waiting for us after this life.

Have you ever watched the show "Angels Among Us" on the country music channel? I think that's what it's called anyway. I was never really "into" the topic of angels and never put much thought into whether I believe they interact with our daily lives, but that show would give you some anecdotes on visions of the "other side" in more tragic situations. I only watched it a few times, but a lot of the people on the show tell of angels guiding them out of bad situations or keeping them company in a car accident while waiting on the paramedics, etc.

top topics

join