It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Republican Senator Calls On Obama To Cancel Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac Bonuses

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 01:40 AM
link   

“I am calling on the president of the United States to cancel those bonuses and explain to the American people, the taxpayers who bailed out Freddie and Fannie, why he continues to reward failure,” Sen. John Barrasso, R-Wyo., said at a news conference Tuesday.

The two housing giants have received about $141 billion in taxpayer funds since the government took them over in 2008 during the financial crisis. Politico first reported the $6.46 million in bonuses for the top five officers at Freddie Mac -- including $2.3 million for CEO Charles E. Haldeman Jr., who is stepping down next year -- and $6.33 million for Fannie Mae officials, including $2.37 million for CEO Michael Williams, for meeting modest goals. A second bonus installment for Freddie executives in 2010 has yet to be reported to the Securities and Exchange Commission, Politico reported.

Fox News

Business as usual. I understand some people will say the bonuses should be given because of hard work. But, if I was getting the bonuses, I would set an example, and say no and put it back into the general fund.

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 02:35 AM
link   
Oooh, those evil conservatives are at it again.

What, too soon?

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 05:53 AM
link   
reply to post by jhill76

See all this bonus business. I know for a fact people need homes. Why not use that kind of money to help them get off the streets? Hell grant it out or something. Who really needs a million dollar bonus when you can drive down the road and see people laying on the pavement?
They could even hire people to repair all these homes and resell them, whatever. Just quit with all this large outrageous bonus crap.

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Fannie and Freddie make me sick. They keep crying poor and the gov't keeps giving them money. And Freddie and Fannie are asking for more money. How do the people running these companies qualify for bonuses? If my company is losing money, there are no bonuses. These two companies need to go away, yet how? I wonder the impact it would have if the gov't just let them go. No more money, no help what so ever. What would happen? I am working my butt off and barely making it and I hate to see my tax dollars going to things like this.

top topics

join