It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Teacher Attacked By Kindergarten Student

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 08:56 AM
link   
Oh great...... it's going to be another child on medication.

When my son was young, he had severe behavioral problems, and I was at my wit's end as to how to deal with it. One day when he was about 7, he got into yet another fight at school, I had to leave work to go deal with him AGAIN. I was so upset at that point, and all I could think of was how he was going to be one of those "bullies" throughout his life.

The school insisted I put him on medications or he wouldn't be allowed back in school.

So I took him from the school that day, even though he could have gone back to class, and took him to juvenile hall. I told him he was going to spend a week in there with other boys that couldn't handle their anger and see how it would be to be bullied himself.

Of course he started crying (he didn't want to be away from me) but I played tough love and took him inside and made him talk to an officer.

Even though I didn't leave him there, that was the BEST thing I ever did with him, it showed him that NO ONE was willing to put up with his behavior and he would end up in jail if it continued. I never had another problem with him getting in fights or bullying anyone ever again.
edit on 2-11-2011 by freespirit1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 09:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Maluhia
I'm thinking the teacher is either less than 5 ft. tall and 90 pounds or an opportunist looking for a payday. Can you say lawsuit? Seriously, what 5 year old is physically capable of this?

edit on 2-11-2011 by Maluhia because: (no reason given)

Have you seen the size of some of these 5 year old children today? Just saying there are quite a few out there that are physically capable of hurting a woman that is twice their size. My nearly 6 year old stepson is 50 lbs and a little over 42" tall and my wife has trouble handling him.

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 09:26 AM
link   
When my wife first started teaching she was in a "Title One" school (a.k.a. low income) and this 6 or 7 year old kid punched her in the stomach (all because she stopped a fight between 2 kids who had same the same father but different mothers) thankfully it turns out she was OK but went to the hospital because she was 6 months pregnant at the time...what a nightmare.

I totally believe this story.

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 09:30 AM
link   
Just imagine reading the story if the woman would have knocked the kid down and cracked his skull even though he deserved it or it was an accident while she was trying to recover her balance. Who's side would you be on then

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 09:34 AM
link   
How do you get beat up by a 5 year old?
I mean seriously, perfect height for a field-goal type kick lol
I think there's more to this then we know.

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 12:33 PM
link   
reply to post by DonaldD

Thankyou for that reply.

...for 7 year old boys who have an undiagnosed learning disability to start to show behavioural symptoms outwardly.

That is a fresh idea I had not considered. My answer is that he is very smart and actually is several years ahead of his classmates in reading and cognitive skills. This is my brothers son and I have little contact with him except periodic baby sitting.

I can tell that when he is with me we have a lot of fun together exploring topics and he eagerly learns about science space, rocks, technology, etc. He pays attention, soaks it up and remembers lessons that he receives. I know, cause when I do visit his house and see his room it is filled with rocks and pictures of galaxies and books. He loves to read. This kid is 7, he is exceptionally bright.

As near as I can tell, the problem arises when he is among his classmates and begins testing the boundaries of manners and ethics when playing with them. It's like he is not learning how not to offend and respect others. I know he gets some of this from his mom who interrupts and chastises others all the time. Her behavior is ruining his chances at a future that is not beset by troubles with interpersonal relationships.

Someone said that by the time children are 4 or 5 years of age they have already acquired all the tools they will use to cope with the world on an emotional and physical level. They learn from their parents early on how to behave with others. Kind of funny but Mini Me comes to mind from Michael Meyers movies.

Now she is seeing that something is wrong and I hope will be more open to explore change, not just on his level but her own as well. Kids "act out" sometimes in order to draw attention to the family dynamic because they know something is wrong but are too young to define it. My nephews problem is not him.. yet.

I also observe that they over schedule and micro control him a lot. The `parents are always busy, ambtious, self serving and push a lot of activity and demands on him. When I see him, he often times appears exhausted and glad to get a break from all the bustle. Sad. I want to help but am not allowed too. They don't want to hear it.

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 01:07 PM
link   
reply to post by freespirit1

Yah, great. Meds... or prison even.

...took him to juvenile hall. I told him he was going to spend a week in there with other boys that couldn't handle their anger and see how it would be to be bullied himself.

Thanks for relating that. Kind of your own scared straight huh? And it worked? Good for you.I have a nephew that is 7 and is on the same path.

...showed him that NO ONE was willing to put up with his behavior and he would end up in jail if it continued.

I drove by juvie once and talked to him about it, but seemingly without effect. He still bullies other kids at school. Right now he is at that same brink you related (wits end). I really have no say with his parents about it and they surely wouldn't consider this as an option. They would think that that would make him MORE of a criminal, not less. They are trying to "love him" away form his behavior right now. I see that as rewarding bad behavior. He can skate thru whatever lessons they are trying to teach him there.

My concern with the scared straight approach is that he may become more traumatized or confused than he seems to be already. I was thinking of taking him to a club where he could learn boxing with other kids but realized he'll just learn to fight better instead. He's already a bully.

Bullys are really cowards at heart . Development begins early and needs to be nipped in the bud. You did a wonderful job it seems. I am going to try and relate your message to his mom and dad.

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Straight up gangster

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 09:20 AM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

It worked for me. Parents need to realize that they are the parent, a child is NOT their friend. Kids need structure and sometimes discipline. By no means am I implying abuse, but a smack on the butt to get their attention is sometimes NEEDED. I can count on one hand how many times I had to "spank" my girls, it scared them too when I took him to Juvie.

"Buying out" kids is not an option. Rewards should be for something good, not to MAKE them behave, that is the parent's job.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 01:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheWalkingFox

Originally posted by Ha`la`tha
How much can a 5 year old swing a broom to inflict pain... let along debilitating pain..

Ever had a 5 year old hit you with a broomstick? or jump up and down on your back?

Go experiment. we'll wait.

Sure, you got a spare 5 year old? as a 40 year old I'll assume you and your 5 year old don't have a leg to stand on, walking fox.

I've had kids jump on me yeah, and.. not a one could put me in hospital.

Man are you made of paper?

Or, if you prefer to not let your little nephew whack you with an inch-thick wooden stick, take it from someone who's been head-butted by a four year old; they can hurt you. Especially if they get you in tender spots like, oh, the head.Or, you know, your spine...

HEAD BUTTED is not hit with a stick. A childs head is pretty hard... and they don't have to do much to allow it a force forward to hurt, apart from falling over.

You're saying they can swing a broom stick and put someone in hospital.

You're wrong.. or you're made of paper.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 01:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by CoffeeMonster
How do you get beat up by a 5 year old?
I mean seriously, perfect height for a field-goal type kick lol
I think there's more to this then we know.

You allow it to happen so you can claim compo..

thats my take on it..

And by crikey, anyone who gets put down by a 5 year old.. Man, how sad...

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 10:01 AM
link   
you people are so pridictable if it had been she held him down to keep from being hit you would all be here talking about how she should be hung .
you cant have it both ways people eather we take control of ore children or they control US pick one.

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 04:28 AM
link   
I know this thing is dead, but one thing was bothering me while reading over it. Those in the teachers defense seem to think there were only two possible ways for the teacher to deal with it. Lie there like a helpless cow being beaten until badly injured (by a 5 year old) or fight the kid. I do not condone fighting the child, but how hard would it be to "step away" from the child? Just admit it, there is something very wrong with this teacher's story.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join