It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

E-mail from the mayor of Oakland

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 10:46 PM
link   
apparently the governmental offices of oakland have taken notice. whenever the oakland police gassed and tore down the tent cities of occupy Oakland i emailed the governor in reproach of their actions. with the "day of action" November the 2nd looming they sent out this e-mail and just thought i'd pass the word along

News from: The Office of Mayor Jean Quan

November 1, 2011

Mayor Jean Quan’s Statement Concerning Day of Action on November 2, 2011

It is my expectation that tomorrow’s general strike is peaceful and places the issues of the 99% front and center. I am working with the police chief to make sure that the pro-99% activists – whose cause I support – will have the freedom to get their message across without the conflict that marred last week’s events.

Although getting the balance right is never an easy task, in Oakland we are committed to honoring free speech and protecting public safety.

The protestors are raising important issues that we must confront. Oakland is a city struggling with high levels of unemployment, underemployment, foreclosure, and budget cuts. We all have to work together to solve these problems.

Tomorrow morning, Chief Jordan and Administrator Santana and I will open the Emergency Operations Center early in the morning and work together to monitor the situation and maintain peace. I call on everyone to lift up important issues and to lift up peace.

In the short term, I want to encourage everyone to support our small businesses, especially those in the downtown core who have experienced declining patronage. They are a part of the 99%, and they are essential to our local economy.

so what is your take on this?

sorry mods for the extensive quote, but considering it was an e-mail i couldn't just link to a website.

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 10:53 PM
link   
Someone beat ya to it

www.abovetopsecret.com...

but I appreciate the fact you have the actual text of it. That is interesting.
edit on 1-11-2011 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 11:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

yea i saw that after i posted it, but i thought it was cool that it was an e-mail
2nd

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 01:16 AM
link   
reply to post by stuncrazy

It is great to read. Thanks for the find. I gave you an s/f for how important the full text makes the impact. I sure hope things don't get out of hand tomorrow. I can't help but think there are elements that will do everything to exploit this, the 5th and the 11th...on both sides. I hope no good people get hurt.

new topics

top topics

join