It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TEPCO Finds Sign of Fresh Nuclear Fission At Fukushima Reactor

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 10:36 PM
link   
Here we go again.....

Gas samples taken Tuesday from inside the reactor's containment vessel may contain radioactive xenon, a gas typically generated by nuclear fission, the company said.

Why must 'INEPTCO' always either hide or try to spin every development? "May" contain xenon? Seriously? C'mon, it either does or it doesn't and if it didn't, they would not be taking action or even talking about it.

Just glad I moved upwind of Japan when I did....

Source: english.kyodonews.jp...

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 11:16 PM
link   
reply to post by buskey

Used to that. They only admit to something about the reactors when they know we'll find out anyway. And usually it is down played. What else did they find, that they omit?

I expect these kinds of reports to continue. Sudden spikes or fresh releases are indicative that these cores are still molten down there nestled in their protective "cocoons" of slag and bed rock and still self generating emissions that "squirt" out from time to time due to phenomenon like "cavitation" (gas bubbles forming and bursting), and balloons of "pillow lava" like in Hawaii that squirt fresh corium out from the containment of the cocoon.

Until all fissile material is "consumed" these reactions will continue. Thats why they don't cover the buildings and begin "cleanup". Will be some time before that. What did they say? Years?

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 11:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrptr

Until all fissile material is "consumed" these reactions will continue. Thats why they don't cover the buildings and begin "cleanup". Will be some time before that. What did they say? Years?

They said just a day or two ago on CNN that it could take until 2041 to "retire" this facility. I personally think that is a low-ball estimate and the truth could be far worse.

Here is a link to the ATS thread where the CNN article is also linked.
Fukushima Retirement could take 30+ years

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 11:25 PM
link   
Thats a bad thing right?
2nd

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 12:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by darkredfish
Thats a bad thing right?
2nd

Hmmm, not really

The big question at the moment is: "How it can go Re-Critical at this Temperature"!

One Way is that the "majority" of the Corium left the PCV as well as the Cement-Table
that the cooling Water and the measurement Instruments cant reach it anymore,
another Way is that the Plant always was Critical since 03/11 and never left that Status!

My Prof. said when the Plant goes re-critical it is Time to go,
but i don't mind i will die anyway but i want to make it comfortable for the Kids!
They should not suffer too much

Tokyo, 02/11 out and over

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 12:04 AM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

Thank you muzzle flash for the reply and link.
I guess we can all decay together for many years to come:

This illustration is taken from Robert Del Tredici's book Working in the Fields of the Bomb - published in 1987. It shows a plutonium particle emitting ionising radiation. The tracks are about 35 microns (5 cell diameters) but this is a two dimensional view of a 3D tissue event, which in fact occurs continuously in biological space. Like a land mine that never stops exploding, it is perpetually damaging and destroying cells.

www.animatedsoftware.com...

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 03:02 AM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

Very interesting link you have provided. Thank you for this.

I want to add upon what you have posted, and will link to another very credible source to help build upon this discussion.

Radiation biological effects- Jlab.org

I would guess that you know most of this information to some extent already, so really I am just linking it so that other folks who don't know much about the topic will see the credible scientific information and will study it.

If anyone has any questions about this stuff I will be more than happy to aid in research on the topics at hand, or to help find down to earth explanations for more complicated information.

Just let me know how I can be of help and I will get on it as soon as possible.

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 12:56 AM
link   
A screen capture from last nights mysterious fun,

And some readings from LA.

new topics

top topics

join