It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Have people on ATS gone mad about Bush?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 03:00 PM
link   
This is in response to the how will the Bush Admin be remembered thread. I see alot of people on that thread saying that he has won the "war on terror" and "the world is a safer place to live" because of him. Has everyone gone insane?

First, the war on terror is not and can not be won. As long as there are people being killed by suicide bombers etc.....then there is still terrorism.

Second, the world is not safer! Actually it is the exact opposite. Remember Spain a few months ago? Remember all the "chatter" that is going on right now (oh yeah, I forgot Bush has already won the war on terror, so it is just their imagination).

Jeeze people, give me a break.

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Well, if even 'dub-ya' now admits the 'war on terror' cannot be actually 'won' what the hell has this all been about?

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Well, if even 'dub-ya' now admits the 'war on terror' cannot be actually 'won' what the hell has this all been about?

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by MacMerdin
This is in response to the how will the Bush Admin be remembered thread. I see alot of people on that thread saying that he has won the "war on terror" and "the world is a safer place to live" because of him. Has everyone gone insane?

I was wondering the same thing expecially since the motto of the site is to Deny Ignorance. You just can't win an arguement with an idiot because even when you do win, you don't win.
It's just not worth the time an effort.

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Quite interesting how the other topics on this board seems to suffer from the attention given to Bush.

How about:

Bush is installed as president by his father and made to look exactly as stupid as he is. This way the people behind the throne can do whatever they want, everyone will concentrate on the monkey and his person instead of the real issues.

IMHO, this board contains as many bright and vigilant Americans I have seen in one place. If you guys can be distracted, so can the rest of the US.

Conspiracy anyone?

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by MacMerdin

First, the war on terror is not and can not be won. As long as there are people being killed by suicide bombers etc.....then there is still terrorism.

Second, the world is not safer! Actually it is the exact opposite. Remember Spain a few months ago? Remember all the "chatter" that is going on right now (oh yeah, I forgot Bush has already won the war on terror, so it is just their imagination).

Jeeze people, give me a break.

And the last terror attack on the United States was when? Hold on let me try and think....oh yeah 9/11/01 when Bush was only in office for 8 months.

Will the war on terror ever be won? Will the war on drugs ever be won? Will the war on illiteracy ever be won? No, No, No. You can't stop idiocy from individuals.

But can we stop countries from harboring terrorist? Can we weaken the terrorist to make them as frightening as a mugger or armed robber? Yes, I believe we can.

I can't believe you brought up Spain! Terrorist attack Spain and the whole country freaks out. The terrorist showed them who the boss is. Don't forget about the recent terrorism in Russia. Do you know what a Chechnian Rebel is? They are Muslim extremist. Why the media doesn't point that out I don't know.

While I'm at it, have you ever heard of the UN's Oil for Food scandal? No wonder why France, Germany and Russia refused to vote for the liberation of Iraq. They were being paid off by Saddam!

For once I wish you people would stop blaming America 1st, and realize what Bush has done to improve the safety of this country, and clean up the mess left behind from Clinton 8 years of sticking his finger in the wind.

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 08:03 PM
link   
I wouldn't get too freaked out about it. One thread out of a thousand had some nice things to say about him. Don't worry, the Bush haters didn't go anywhere.

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 08:14 PM
link   
Because i believe the FBI, Top military and probably CIA perpetrated 911, Oklahoma City, probably the first WTC bombing, and GW Bush either has done nothing about it or knew/knows about it he is a party to mass-murder.

The government is treasonous against American citizens. GW Bush supposed to be incharge, he has done nothing about it. He in addition has reigned over the worst corporate sell-out I have ever seen.

As far as I am concerned you can shoot him like a dog for desertion of duties in the Whitehouse.

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 08:28 PM
link   
True,

Bushbashers outnumber Kerrywhackers by a huge number..
OR, the Bushbashers are just more vocal, in a typographical sort of way.

Whats Kerry gonna do now that his campaign is imploding, BTW?

About GW being a party to Mass Murder..two words: Janet Reno

[edit on 1-9-2004 by spacedoubt]

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 08:44 PM
link   
As a matter of degree compare 60 to 3300. Waco was less than 2% of 911 deaths. Neither is good, But for shear scale of people killed and destruction and disruption of the economy 911 by far outshadows Waco.

ADDITIONALLY RENO HASN'T LIED TO ANYONE ABOUT IT.
RENO DIDN'T START TWO WARS ABOUT IT.
RENO DIDN'T USE IT TO PROP UP HER POPULARITY WITH LIES ABOUT IT.

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 09:08 PM
link   
Slank,

I actually agree with some of your RENO points..
It would have been especially hard to lie about the Waco events.
She was the orchestrator, publicy. There is no way she could have used the event to prop up her popularity.

On the other hand, I have yet to see credible evidence, that The 911 events
were orchestrated by Bush n Co.
Is there credible evidence? I am willing to look at it.

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 10:09 PM
link   
Honestly I can't say I have any good evidence connecting GW Bush directly with 911. There is loads of evidence that the FBI and Military were involved. Usually the CIA would almost have to be involved enough not to ask the sticky questions that would blow the cover. The CIA has been a dealer in drugs for decades. [If you would like i can provide links]

If you take as a given that 911 was orchestrated [which i do] , genuinely in your opinion do you think GW Bush could have been out of the loop?

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 10:15 PM
link   
Actually, I remember when there was just a small voice speaking out against Bush. It seems like after the Abu Gharib scandel, they just came out of the woodwork. I remember thinking, "Where in the hell were you guys when we were getting gang up on everytime we questioned our exalted leader?"

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by slankIf you take as a given that 911 was orchestrated [which i do]...

9/11 was orchestrated by Mohammed Atta.

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 10:26 PM
link   
The Bush Admin will always be remembered as the first administration to recognize that Americans are fully rendered and processed to unconditionally obey the government, and have the audacity to act on this knowledge.

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 10:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott

Originally posted by slankIf you take as a given that 911 was orchestrated [which i do]...

And Santa Claus is real and lives at the north pole

Cheers.

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 10:35 PM
link   
Rumsfeld interviewed by Parade magazine:

Here we're talking about plastic knives and using an American Airlines flight filed with our citizens, and the MISSILE to damage this building [THE PENTAGON] and similar (inaudible) that damaged the World Trade Center.

www.sweetliberty.org...

note: the interviewer NEVER said anything about missiles. That was a slip by Rumsfeld.

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 10:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott

I wouldn�t say Mohammed Atta orchestrated it, he could not do it by him self, he is just another chess piece,
Your on the right track Grady but who is above Atta? Follow the money.
CIA-Qaida

[edit on 1-9-2004 by Sauron]

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 11:15 PM
link   

Rumsfeld interviewed by Parade magazine:
Here we're talking about plastic knives and using an American Airlines flight filed with our citizens, and the MISSILE to damage this building [THE PENTAGON] and similar (inaudible) that damaged the World Trade Center.

www.merriam-webster.com...

Main Entry: 1mis�sile
Pronunciation: 'mi-s&l, chiefly British -"sIl
Function: adjective
Etymology: Latin missilis, from mittere to throw, send
1 : capable of being thrown or projected to strike a distant object
2 : adapted for throwing or hurling missiles

The use of the term missile, in the sense that the Secretary used it is entirely correct and in the language of the Pentagon it is probably in common usage. If it was a slip of the tongue, it was because the term is not generally used to describe commercial aircraft in the civilian sector. However, all the aircraft used on 9/11 were in fact guided missles, whether or not they were designed to be such and referring to them as such is entirely accurate.

To suggest that the Bush administration was in any way complicit with or or was the orchestrator of the 9/11 attacks is just a paranoid delusion, hardly worthy of discussion, except as symptomatic of mental illness.

Delivering such a devastating blow to the economy would be an act of a madman who couldn't care less about his re-election and would require the complicity of so many people that it would be impossible to hide.

[edit on 04/9/1 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 11:19 PM
link   
In response to the comment about Bush saying we could not win the war on terror. Don't worry, today he said we could.

But he is not a flip flopper or anything just missunderstood...

top topics

<<   2 >>

join