It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Alcohol-The cause AND solution to all of lifes problems"I think it should be banned!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+23 more 
posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 08:26 PM
link   
Ok, I am going to try and discuss this subject again as I am VERY passionate about this subject. PLEASE NO ILLICIT DRUG TALK!!!!! I do not want them to take down the thread. So basically, I have a theory as to why this toxic poison is legal? Now please, save your immature defenses of alcohol I understand that its fun and all and alot of people can handle themselves, however, its very deadly and has horribly destructive consequences on every level of society. From the homeless man on the corner, to the high level exec who kills someone in an auto accident, to the middle class man that beats his wife and kids all because of this legal TAXABLE poison. My theory is that it is legal because it helps keep people just drinkin the stress away, and raises unimagineable amounts of revenue. Most crimes happen because of alcohol. It keeps cops employed and cities make money off of the court costs and especially in the DUI department. But at what cost? All the lives lost, families broken, abused children and spouses. If not for money, it would not be legal. Anyhow, Ill take my lashings now

PS the title comes from the very wise Homer J. Simpson-
edit on 1-11-2011 by AllUrChips because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 08:32 PM
link   
That is also the theory of the majority of people. It's pretty blatant as to why it isn't illegal, and you've pretty much averagely summed it up.

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 08:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShedAlert
That is also the theory of the majority of people. It's pretty blatant as to why it isn't illegal, and you've pretty much averagely summed it up.

Sorry in all my ramblings I forgot to mention I think it should be ILLEGAL, sorry for the mistake

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 08:44 PM
link   
Its terrable! Coming from a alcoholic who is drunk right now.

See it wouldnt be so bad...But I am a MAGI and when get too drunk...I cast spells...that shouldnt be cast.

Is it my fualt? no.

It's just the carnaval ride we are on!
YHYH is my savoir!
Here I am casting spells. lol

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 08:45 PM
link   

+34 more 
posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 08:46 PM
link   
You lost a bunch of respect from me when you said:

Originally posted by AllUrChips
....Now please, save your immature defenses of alcohol I understand that its fun and all and alot of people can handle themselves, however, its very deadly and has horribly destructive consequences on every level of society. From the homeless man on the corner, to the high level exec who kills someone in an auto accident, to the middle class man that beats his wife and kids all because of this legal TAXABLE poison. ....

I do not appreciate being pigeon-holed into your preconceptions. I've been drinking for 20+ years, not one DUI, not one spousal or child abuse incident, no problems here and none among my circle of friends either.

I assure you that for every DUI, abuse or death at the hands of alcohol, there are thousands of people who never have an incident and people who have incidents and are not under the influence.

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 08:46 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 08:48 PM
link   
So would it really be that much better if it were illegal? Remember Prohibition? If I recall there were quite a few lives lost then, sure, in the name of Alcohol. So if illegal... its terrible, if not.... its still terrible, so what do we do? Try to imagine that it really doesn't exists or that people don't get drunk and beat there kids a wife? No unfortunately it is a substance that is in great abundance, and ultimately not going anywhere.

I myself do like an occasional beverage of sorts, I do not necessarily support it but I do have to except that its not going anywhere and there is not a damn thing I can do about it.

+65 more 
posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 08:52 PM
link   
NONE of you have ANY right to tell others what they can or cannot put into their bodies.

Way to support prohibition, organized criminal mafias, and the trampling of natural human rights.

I am very disappointed.

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 08:52 PM
link   
Mr AllUrChips you have indeed come out with a major issue

however like any substance, it can and does get abused

I work in the industry and I can speak for thousands who are responsible and won't drink in excess

unfortunately our governments make megabux from the liquor (and smokes) taxes. In Australia there is a tax of about $30 per litre of 100% alcohol, thus this would equate to about $13-15 (or more) on a bottle of bourbon, and so on and so forth

I would say we could rally for high alcohol content drinks to be taken off the shelves. That would be a start.

You cant blame a car manufacturer or gun manufacturer or knife manufacturer if the folks in control of these things hurt other people

you make a good point and I support you in eliminating alcohol related issues in our society

I will close off with a comment from my dad

"I don't drink anymore"

"I don't drink any less either"

cheers

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 08:53 PM
link   

+13 more 
link   
You cannot ban alcoholism anyways, it's impossible.

I can make it in my own basement from scratch!!!

The only thing you are doing is trampling human rights and justifying expanding government control into our lives.
Nothing good could ever come from this mindset. Nothing!

link   
reply to post by AllUrChips

Maybe there's a place for you in the next administration's bureaucracy, czar of the war on ALCOHOL!

You can hang out with all the other czars of all the other wars on this, that & the other & whatnot.

See how that works for you, with all due respect.

Meanwhile, I'll run for czar of the "war on people who like to start wars on things".

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by abecedarian
You lost a bunch of respect from me when you said:

....Now please, save your immature defenses of alcohol I understand that its fun and all and alot of people can handle themselves, however, its very deadly and has horribly destructive consequences on every level of society. From the homeless man on the corner, to the high level exec who kills someone in an auto accident, to the middle class man that beats his wife and kids all because of this legal TAXABLE poison. ....

I do not appreciate being pigeon-holed into your preconceptions. I've been drinking for 20+ years, not one DUI, not one spousal or child abuse incident, no problems here and none among my circle of friends either.

I assure you that for every DUI, abuse or death at the hands of alcohol, there are thousands of people who never have an incident and people who have incidents and are not under the influence.

My most sincere apologies, its just last time I tried to discuss this I got critcized sooo bad im sorry, just people sometimes like to act immature on here when talking about alcohol, watch you will see them roll in im sure lol, again sorry.

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 08:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by causeimalive
So would it really be that much better if it were illegal? Remember Prohibition? If I recall there were quite a few lives lost then, sure, in the name of Alcohol. So if illegal... its terrible, if not.... its still terrible, so what do we do? Try to imagine that it really doesn't exists or that people don't get drunk and beat there kids a wife? No unfortunately it is a substance that is in great abundance, and ultimately not going anywhere.

I myself do like an occasional beverage of sorts, I do not necessarily support it but I do have to except that its not going anywhere and there is not a damn thing I can do about it.

No I dont remember prohibition im only 35. What was it like?

link   
This is one of those moments someone pipes in with "everything in moderation" and I'd like to be that person, but if that were the case I wouldn't spend every sunday feeling like death, waiting for the world to swallow me up.

link   
I very rarely drink, maybe once or twice a year.

But I will always be ready to defend other human's right to put what they want into their bodies.

I would never support a tyranny telling people what substances can be ingested or not. It's ultimate tyranny over the only thing you actually own in this world, your BODY.

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 08:57 PM
link   
Cheers! Knob Creek + Coke

We tried to make it illegal once before, everyone hated it, and even more crime arose. Yes, it is a technically a poison, but if you are capable of controlling yourself on it, it is completely fine and fun in moderation. People need something at the end of the day to relax them for the next identical day in their lives.

It is the same argument as guns. It isn't the gun's fault you shot that guy... it's yours and yours alone. If you do something wicked-retarded while drunk, it is your fault for either drinking too much, or for just being stupid and careless, not the alcohol's.

"You don't cut off a football stadium full of people at halftime because now they're drunk enough to riot, but not drunk enough to go home and pass out!" - Coach Daniels from Blue Mountain State

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by causeimalive

No I dont remember prohibition im only 35. What was it like?

It was one of the worst periods in American history.

Please do some basic reading : Prohibition in the US - wiki

Prohibition created the mafias we all know of from that era...
Do you have any idea how much torture and death was caused by this system?

It's the exact same thing in Mexico with the Drug War today! Exactly.

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 08:59 PM
link   
reply to post by AllUrChips

We tried it your way once: Prohibition basically INVENTED organized crime. So -- since people are people, and people have been dodging prohibition literally since the Garden of Eden, I'm going to go ahead and call your idea for what it is: Horse manure.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join