It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hundreds of police officers protest support for 16 cops charged

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Wow my nerves are tingly now. I guess its no surprise they got what they wanted.

A nice day,few minutes of walking, and a couple shout outs. Don't strain yourself too much, we need you to control the VIOLENT Occupy Wall Street protesters from showing their First Amendment rights

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 08:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Blundo

Wow Iam really shocked at this, the guy say's taking care of your family is not a crime......it is if they are breaking the Law. What else have they let their family get away with eh?
It just reminds me of the Mob.
Iam from the Uk and our Bobbie's have to swear an oath to uphold the Law...do american police have to do so also?

edit on 1-11-2011 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 08:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Blundo

The bit about domestic violence reports disappearing caught my attention. Here in the states we have what is known as the Lautenberg Amendment (see: en.wikipedia.org...). Effectively, if you are charged with domestic violence then by federal law you cannot own a firearm. By extension this has ramifications to those whose vocation includes the use of firearms (e.g. military and police forces).

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 08:32 PM
link   
'Taking care of your family and friends who support you'.. did he really just say that?

What about people who sell drugs to pay for their children's food and clothes? A crime is a crime, why should police be subject to special treatment? Saying your illegal actions help take care of your family and friends is an absurd counter-argument.
edit on 11/1/2011 by Drezden because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 08:33 PM
link   
NYPD culture, not a crime

WTF! Yet everyone else's culture IS a crime!

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by boymonkey74
Iam from the Uk and our Bobbie's have to swear an oath to uphold the Law...do american police have to do so also?

Yes they do, but not all keep to their oaths. Watch the TV show "The Wire" to see how it is inside a big city American police department. Very truthful show and co-created by a former Baltimore City cop. My dad actually knows some of the people the characters are based on in the show (he was a parole officer in Baltimore for 25 years.

(Also, "The Wire" is the best show ever, so it's worth watching just for that reason.)

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 08:49 PM
link   
I guess NYPD is above the law. Don't kid yourselves, it's most likely happening all over the country! This is just a perfect example when people are in power, they get greedy and think they deserve preferential treatment.

How many people who got DUI's would like to have their criminal record wiped clean? Everyday the veil is being removed from the corruption and control that the population of this world has been under for thousands of years.

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 08:49 PM
link   
On one hand we have the public protesting against corruption

And on the other

We have what looks like a whole police force protesting to keep it

Hang on a minute .............................

This is INSANE

Look how many police are there protesting to. It's hardly a great advert for the old chesnut of "not all police are bad" Because it certainly looks like that whole department is
edit on 1/11/11 by Unrivaled1 because: (no reason given)

edit on 1/11/11 by Unrivaled1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 08:51 PM
link   
reply to post by LifeInDeath

Seen it and its the best show ever

Mcnulty is my hero www.youtube.com...

But back to the thread, he was saying that no high ranking cop has come forward. does he mean the guys who taped the crooked cop's?
If so I bet they haven't come forward they have all watched Serpico.

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 09:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Blundo

Their doing wrong does not excuse violent behavior by others.

You defending violence by protestors is the exact same thing and just as wrong as this. In both cases its making excuses for unlawful behavior.

Sounds like NYC was not cleaned up like they tell the world and that NYC is still full of graft and corruption. ...and union thugs of course. Isn't it odd that OWS is also allowing union thugs in their protests and taking money from them? SEIU is a very violent union in fact and engages in all sorts of unlawful activity while answering to the same people Obama answers too. They are his Army, bought and paid for. They are his corrupt Police if you will.

You can't make this stuff up

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 09:32 PM
link   
Maybe we should call in the national guard with tanks and choppers to make sure these police protests are peaceful.

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 09:46 PM
link   
What else would you expect from these scumbags. HEY PORKY!!!! WHEN I DON'T PAY MY TICKETS, I GET MY LICENSE SUSPENDED AND RISK ARREST! Oh but it's ok for you? Don't think so buddy.

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blundo

Wow my nerves are tingly now. I guess its no surprise they got what they wanted.

A nice day,few minutes of walking, and a couple shout outs. Don't strain yourself too much, we need you to control the VIOLENT Occupy Wall Street protesters from showing their First Amendment rights

because god forbid the cops do their job and practice their first amendment rights

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 12:08 AM
link   
I understand how they feel.

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 04:55 AM
link   
Also hat's off to the brave dude's who stood outside calling the cop's out, next time the crowd should outnumber the cops 10 to 1 and show these corrupt cop's that thay answer to the public.
So to all you New yorkers ...they are your cops do something about it

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 05:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Blundo

Maybe the citizens should barricade them in then start with the teargas and rubber bullets..

Now that would be a sight worth staying up for.

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 06:03 AM
link   
Wow, such brazen corruption.

Yeah, when you're friends with the mob, we can "fix" things. Yeah.

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 06:40 AM
link   
The world gets more surreal by the minute.

Hell yeah we broke the law... but it was for FAMILY.

Besides, our superiors do way worse stuff!

Brilliant strategy gentlemen.

Except for one thing. If indeed you have knowledge of those in charge committing a crime.. and are pissed that they are getting away with it and you low level officers are not?

You have badges yes? You have guns as well? And not only the ability... but the obligation to arrest such people. Go do your JOB! If you know they do worse and do nothing about it you make yourselves accomplices to their crimes.

Oh yeah.. and the first part doesn't wash either. Until you realize that giving preferential treatment to friends and family is a crime in itself.. you are not fit for badge or gun or uniform. It's an indefensible position that only a moron would make. Are you guys really that stupid? Or is this just more gasoline for the flames?
edit on 2-11-2011 by Resinveins because: typo ahoy!

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 06:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Resinveins

An argument we see often is the "But not all cops are bad" statement..

The issue I have with that is that the "so called" Good Cops are just as bad "IF" they witness illegal actions by other cops and yet fail to act..

You only have to look and see how few cops actually arrest other cops to know what I'm saying.

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 12:57 PM
link   
what were the police arrested for again?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join