It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Judge William Adams beats daughter for using the Internet

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 04:12 AM
link   
reply to post by PutAQuarterIn

Thanks for the good post and friendly reply.
I agree that the purpose of justified spanking on the butt is entirely to convince the child that their behavior would end up causing more pain (Like running in the street without looking).

It's goal is to scare them into not getting killed for being stupid.

I agree that it should not be over-used, I only have to discipline my kids a few times per month. They are really good kids these days and I enjoy their company. (Although they do talk a lot and sometimes it's a little annoying but that's cool, they take after me! Hah).

The reason that I believe some form of direct punishment may be necessary is because of my own childhood. I was a very bad kid at times. If you told me "go sit in the corner for 5minutes" I would say "FORCE ME !" and I would push them and get in their face and say "What What Huh?" stuff like that.

That's why I had the cops called on me many times, because I was completely volatile and would get in anyone's face and beg for a fight. I had it coming. I deserved what I got, I admit.
I learned my lessons. I am a really nice person nowadays and do not resort to violence to get my way.

I was the type of kid that if you didn't use force to punish me, I'd use force on you for even daring to tell me to sit down or go to my room. I admit, I was pretty bad. Part of this is probably because I had many issues because I was abandoned by my real biological parents when I was 6months old, and so anger was central to my childhood at least a few days a week.

The point is I needed a reckoning, and the only way to do that was to use even greater force to stop me.

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 04:12 AM
link   
If anyone has any questions regarding my actions, or if my instructions are unclear, contact me personally or use the Complaints feature. Don't derail the thread any further.

Thank you.

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 04:15 AM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

Its not your business what people do to their kids. None.
They created them, it's their call.
None of our business? You know, I usually agree with most of your posts, but how can you not be disturbed by watching that? Would it be our business when they kill her?!?!?! Oh, wait, they created her!!! They can do what they like right!!! Sheesh I am so mad right now. What they do in that video is just plain wrong. It was like watching psychopaths targeting their prey and getting joy from the torture on a helpless soul. They just didn't stop. Maybe if it was a few smacks I would be more reasonable about this. But that was simply child abuse no matter how you look at it. I think watching it without sound is even more disturbing.

edit on 2-11-2011 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

link   
reply to post by shansen

She's 23 now and from what I understand she's doing pretty good for herself. Apparently this wasn't the first time she was beaten, so she had her webcam set up to record this. She probably knew she was gonna get a beat-down prior to the recording.

link   

Originally posted by TheWalkingFox

Originally posted by muzzleflash
It doesn't matter really.

Really?

You really believe this.

Children are not property. They are not playthings for their parents to beat and abuse and treat as they see fit.

if someone is hitting their child it is [SNIP] damn SURE my business.

if you honestly think that it is not your place to intervene when a person - of any age - is being abused and beaten, well then, you're a coward, and your sick, perverse mentality is the core problem with our society today.

Mod Edit: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.
edit on 2-11-2011 by Gemwolf because: (no reason given)

Good work taking my points way out of context.

Very good work. If I took you seriously, I would assume that I must be a very bad person.
Nice character assassination, ad-hominem assault.

Now, are you happy?

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 04:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by ChaoticOrder

None of our business? You know, I usually agree with most of your posts, but how can you not be disturbed by watching that? Would it be our business when they kill her?!?!?! Oh, wait, they created her!!! They can do what they like right!!! Sheesh I am so mad right now. What they do in that video is just plain wrong. It was like watching psychopaths targeting their prey and getting joy from the torture on a helpless soul. They just didn't stop. Maybe if it was a few smacks I would be more reasonable about this. But that was simply child abuse on no matter how you look it. I think watching it without sound is even more disturbing.

I was disturbed greatly, well, when he hit the kids arm at least I felt it was going a bit over the top.

But what's the alternative?

Let the government be the only authority ?

I just can't accept that type of resolution.

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 04:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by ThirdMind
reply to post by shansen

She's 23 now and from what I understand she's doing pretty good for herself. Apparently this wasn't the first time she was beaten, so she had her webcam set up to record this. She probably knew she was gonna get a beat-down prior to the recording.

I'm really happy to hear this, mate.

I saw too many children screwed up because of their idiot parents...

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 04:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Slash

OMG!

That is so horrible.

But hey do something with that experience.

What you wrote was moving. So write some more and publish it.

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 04:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by shansen

reply to post by shansen

I'm really happy to hear this, mate.

I saw too many children screwed up because of their idiot parents...

Wait she's 23 now? The 16yr old in the video??

I missed this post.

Whoa, this whole thing is being played ultra-out-of-context.

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 04:20 AM
link   

this video is from 2004. It's just now been uploaded by her on her youtube account.

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 04:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by ChaoticOrder
Would it be our business when they kill her?!?!?!

Murder is illegal already though.

So yes it's legal and just to bring a murderer to justice and vindicate or avenge the fallen.

I didn't see any murders in the OP video though. Please realize that you are playing an extreme here when the video is no where near that extreme.

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 04:22 AM
link   

Assault and child abuse are both illegal, too.

Just thought you might want to know. Make a note of it. You might need the reference later.

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 04:22 AM
link   

this video is from 2004. It's just now been uploaded by her on her youtube account.

That's strange.

I wonder why?

What is the purpose of recording this stuff just to hold onto it for 7 years?

Another good question is why are people comparing this to murder if this girl is still alive?
Hmmm.

There are a lot of wild extremes being played out here in this thread tonight. Very interesting developments.

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 04:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheWalkingFox

Assault and child abuse are both illegal, too.

Just thought you might want to know. Make a note of it. You might need the reference later.

What is the legal definition of child abuse in the state the people reside in?

You may want to do some basic research before making spurious claims and proceeding with character assassination tactics.

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 04:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by NuminousCosmos

Are there times to discipline a child? Yes. Are there times to beat a child? Never.

well said.
there is a fine line between spanking a child for punishment and asault. i did not watch the video. from the posts i figure it was pretty violent. no one would look twice if it was just a spanking on the bottom. since there is such uproar, the assault must have been bad.

we as a society don't have the right to tell a parent how to raise their child. but we as a society have the responsibility to protect our nations children from abuse.

-subfab

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 04:25 AM
link   

But what's the alternative?

Let the government be the only authority ?
What's the alternative? Well for one thing, a brutal lashing could be eliminated from the choice of punishments. I have no problem with a little bit of physical force, but watching that video, it was clear they took at WAY too far. You could see the way he kept laying off her then coming back for more, like a predator who smells fear and needs to attack. You can clearly see that the guy was a psychopath. If I saw any parents treating their children like that I would make it my business. I'm not the type of person to stand around and watch something happen when I know it's plainly wrong.

link   
So why isn't she suing her father for abuse?

Oh...let's see.... because daddy is so rich... and supporting her.

So I guess that is OK.

Excuse me while I throw up.

link   

Yeah I too thought it was weird to hold onto the video for seven years. Who knows.. People have strange reasoning.

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 04:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash
Another good question is why are people comparing this to murder if this girl is still alive?

Because in our heart of hearts, we know that it is worse to kill the spirit to live than it is to kill the flesh. At least in murder, the suffering is over for the victim.

With Love,

Your Brother

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 04:26 AM
link   

Child Abuse has been defined as an act, or failure to act, on the part of a parent or caretaker that results in the death, serious physical or emotional harm, Sexual Abuse, or exploitation of a child, or which places the child in an imminent risk of serious harm (42 U.S.C.A. § 5106g).

Child-abuse laws raise difficult legal and political issues, pitting the right of children to be free from harm, on the one hand, against the right of families to privacy and the rights of parents to raise and discipline their children without government interference, on the other.

How can a belt beating be construed as legal child abuse?

It seems pretty clear that "serious physical harm" is part of this definition.

A belt whipping on the legs is only temporary.
edit on 2-11-2011 by muzzleflash because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join