It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Judge William Adams beats daughter for using the Internet

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 03:46 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 03:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash
It doesn't matter really.

Its not your business what people do to their kids. None.
They created them, it's their call.

Really?

You really believe this.

Children are not property. They are not playthings for their parents to beat and abuse and treat as they see fit.

if someone is hitting their child it is [SNIP] damn SURE my business.

if you honestly think that it is not your place to intervene when a person - of any age - is being abused and beaten, well then, you're a coward, and your sick, perverse mentality is the core problem with our society today.

Mod Edit: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.
edit on 2-11-2011 by Gemwolf because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 03:49 AM
link   
reply to post by MilzGatez

I was beaten senseless too as a kid. Trust me the only reason your parents resorted to that, was they were not smart enough to outfox you.

Just like my dumb assed parents.

Monkey see, monkey do.

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 03:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by thedeadtruth
reply to post by MilzGatez

I was beaten senseless too as a kid. Trust me the only reason your parents resorted to that, was they were not smart enough to outfox you.

Just like my dumb assed parents.

Monkey see, monkey do.

now you cant compare my parents with your parents..... I never gotten beaten senseless but i did get my ass beaten by sandals and belts.

if your parents beat you senseless now thats a big ass problem..... thats what i call abuse

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 03:52 AM
link   
ATTENTION ALL:

Can we please leave the insults at the door. We don't insult each other or each other's parents.

Address the topic.

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 03:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by NadaCambia

What do you mean how dare I talk about your parents that way? YOUR PARENTS SHOULD BE IN JAIL! You've just stated yourself that they're criminals who beat little kids

Don't preach to me about values.

Should be incarcerated?
Rape happens in prison all the time, it's the defacto punishment.

Which is worse? Spanking a kid?
Or forcing people into prison to get raped without just legal recourse?

Rape is a cruel and unusual punishment for sure.

I am not saying never jail anyone, no, but I think we need to really fix our system because no matter which fork in the road you take there will be negative consequences.

We need to weigh and balance which situations will turn out being worse in the long run.

Maybe if AMericans didn't beat your kids all the time they wouldn't be so messed up in the head to the point of raping people.

Interesting how America has unusually high rates of child-abuse, to the point it's often celebrated, and a prison culture of rape - a culture that doesn't exist in most other Western nations.

Regardless. If you don't want to risk being raped then don't abuse your children. It's really rather simple. I wouldn't wish that sort of action on anybody but if you break the law and savagely beat your children then jail(prison) is the place for you.

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 03:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by MilzGatez
Oh I assure you, my violence isnt from my parents.

He stepped out of line ..... He showed no respect to me by his statement and I take that very disrespectful and when a person is disrespectful with me,I dont care how it ends ..Its about the principle, you just cant be saying things like that without anything to back it up... but then again, this is just the internet and he a troll..

Originally posted by MilzGatez
i did get my ass beaten by sandals and belts.

Sorry, you were saying?

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 03:56 AM
link   
reply to post by IAMIAM

You make some good points, and I guess it's a really complicated and difficult scenario.

I am torn between two extremes, torn between two very negative outcomes no matter which road I choose to take.

Like I said I would never do to my kids what other people do to their kids, but at the same time, I don't want anyone to come tell me how to raise my kids and threaten to use the government to do so.

Here is why.

My kids are not enrolled in state school. In fact, I avoided the paperwork 100%.
This in many people's eyes is a crime and they would want to come jail me and force my kids into a public institution to be brainwashed. (Ignore the fact my 7yr old can do basic Algebra, writes very well, and can read a novel without pictures fairly reasonably and she enjoys it).

I refuse to poison my kids with pharmaceuticals such as vaccines, for obvious scientific and philosophical reasons. However many people want to use the government to force my kids into being poisoned along with everyone else. (They typically believe that non-vaccinated kids put vaccinated kids at risk, although the opposite is true and vaccinations are suppose to protect the vaccinated from the disease).

I don't beat my kids with belts or anything like that, and at worst I will give them a spanking on the butt, but never very hard, only enough to hurt their pride. But what if people wanted to institute a specific punishment and tell me I had to punish my kids their way or face going to prison?

I love my kids very much, and love the fact I have the freedom to decide what is best for them and do not abuse my authority at all. My kids like me, but they know that I'm the boss and I call the shots (Their mom too).

My greatest fear is that people will actually start calling for CPS and the cops to just bust into any random house and take away kids over totally sensationalized out-of-context bs, in fact it's already happening all around us.

Did you know that CPS will take away kids sometimes just because someone's house is dirty? Things like that.

It's just a real mess you know? There are so many negatives everywhere I look.
I am just trying to find some sort of balance between the two evils of violence and government oppression.

I realize I have gotten a lot of flack for this position but that's why I wear a flack-jacket when I come to ATS.

You know that you are one of my favorite posters IAMIAM, so it is difficult for me to have such a debate so I am attempting to explain my position reasonably.

I can't disagree with non-violence. But when it requires us to create a government that uses violence to stop violence, I just don't see how it's going to solve anything.

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 03:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gemwolf
ATTENTION ALL:

Can we please leave the insults at the door. We don't insult each other or each other's parents.

Address the topic.

Why not? If he said his Dad beat his wife would you extend the same protection from insults?

If people are openly boasting that their parents are criminal savages, and proud of the fact, they're candidate to be called down

I think you should be more concerned with the members who are promoting child abuse. But I'm sure you have better things to do, like stifling debate on marijuana

I swear it's often hard to respect the hypocrisy of the ATS police. You can promote child abuse and criminal acts until you're blue in the face, but don't question the ability of someones parents. Priorities, they're muddled.

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 03:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Gemwolf

Sorry was not picking on anyone's parents in particular.

Just stating my view is simple. People mimic how their parents solve problems. If the "best" they can think of is a beating, then it really is not setting the benchmark for critical thinking very high.

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 03:59 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 04:01 AM
link   

So you're saying men should beat their wife. And government should not interfere?

No.

Nice try but no cigar.

No one should hurt anyone.

But the government is easily proven as the biggest purveyor of violence globally.

The government uses violence to enforce it's policies.

What's worse? One guy hitting a woman? Or an entire government shooting and arresting people?

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 04:03 AM
link   

So you're saying men should beat their wife. And government should not interfere?

No.

Nice try but no cigar.

No one should hurt anyone.

But the government is easily proven as the biggest purveyor of violence globally.

The government uses violence to enforce it's policies.

What's worse? One guy hitting a woman? Or an entire government shooting and arresting people?

But that is what you're saying. You're saying the government shouldn't interfere in family issues, by extension you should be against "government" interfering when a man "disciplines" his wife, no?

See you can claim to be just anti-government, but your position it see through. You sympathise and support people beating their children, as evidenced by the fact your anti-government rhetoric doesn't extend to other forms of house hold violence or rape and what not.

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 04:04 AM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

Muzzle comments like that won’t make you any friend! Probably lose some!
I have a daughter of 7 and I tell you something I would never raise a hand to her! NEVER!! Let alone a belt!!
This judge, (SCUM BAG) is a c u next Tuesday! And that putting it lightly, Day keeps getting worse!
And none of our business, if I found out a parent next door was beating their child with a belt I would cave in their door and beat them! Make it my business, because sooner or later it’s going to go one step further and the kid will end up in a coffin.. It’s just not on!

GRRRRRRRR
Jay
edit on 2-11-2011 by ototheb85 because: removed comment about mum having the right idea.. didnt watch whoel clip...

edit on 2-11-2011 by ototheb85 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 04:04 AM
link   
The Judge is a douche bag and a bad father, period. If you have to beat your 16 year old, you didn't raise them right in the first place. That he's in charge of determining other people's crimes is a shame to all humanity. He's obviously no Judge of morality.

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 04:05 AM
link   
All you guys that are saying it's no one's business, that might be true, but dammit, how are you people going to basically be okay with what happened on this video? You're all just as sick as the parents... Maybe it's because you guys were brought up in a time when abuse was acceptable, but this is 2011. This is a beating, not discipline. How are you going to watch a video of a JUDGE beating his little girl (that has cerebral palsy) with a belt just because she downloaded games and music? Discipline would be keeping an even-temper and making restrictions, not beating a girl senseless. How does physical abuse help a child learn? It leaves them scarred. Maybe you guys all live in Texas where this # is okay, but I don't, and I WILL NOT say "it's not my business, why should I care?" That's exactly the kind of # we don't need in society. We don't need selfish ideology. Now, excuse me while I beat my wife and kids.

It's clear to me that this man himself has issues, and is unfit to be a judge when he can't even use his own judgement to handle a problem like this. He probably just likes the sense of power. Superiority complex bastard.
edit on 2-11-2011 by ThirdMind because: more ranting

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 04:08 AM
link   

I understand your dilemma my friend.

I am not a government advocate.

I am not saying these parents need to be imprisoned or punished.

I am against separating a child from it's family.

But, I can recognize when a family is in need of help.

This family is one of those.

I do not know what burdens the Man is carrying.

But I saw the one his child is carrying.

The child carries it's own burdens and the burdens of it's parents.

Don't you all remember seeing the struggles of mom and dad and how they touched you so?

We aren't suddenly given memories at 18. We shared the burdens of society since we came into this world.

When things like this come up, it is not time for government intervention.

It is time for community intervention. The FAMILY needs help.

It does not need judgement. It needs help.

What is so damn hard about helping each other.

This is OUR family.

But, we cannot break this cycle as long as we continue to fight against each other.

We all bear this shame.

With Love,

Your Brother

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 04:09 AM
link   

"I love my children but..."

But your own interests are more important. You love your kids less than you hate your government, that's pretty obvious. Equally obvious is that you simply use tyour kids as set peices to make yourself feel important.

I'm glad you don't beat your kids. But I have to wonder - will that last when they get to the age where they start challenging the worldview you've been trying so hard ot indoctrinate them into all this time? when they realize, "Oh, there's stuff out there dad is wrong about?" You've obviously gone to great lengths to be even more of a controlling, mind-washing force in your kids' lives than the government you live in terror of. So. When they start going, "No, you're wrong, just listen," how soon until the punches start flying?
edit on 2/11/2011 by TheWalkingFox because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 04:10 AM
link   
If this video is the real deal, that guy and his wife are seriously deranged, and so the ones who are supporting their actions here.
If, as a parent, you're not capable to discipline your children other way than beating the s*** out of them, then your intellect and perceptions are alarmingly low and you shouldn't procreate.
That girl is either on her way to become a permanently scared human being or a piece of crap like her parents are.
They look like they are hating their daughter, not being worried about the "huge" mistake she did by playing some online games... yep, they're gone koo-koo all the way.
Poor girl.

But I have serious doubts about the authenticity of this video, though. It's more like a feeling but I'm expecting to hear, every minute now, from the background, someone saying "Okay, CUT! Good job, people".

My 2 cents...

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 04:12 AM
link   
Why did my dad hit me with closed fists?
Why did he hit me with a belt instead of a slap on my wrist?
Why didn't he just talk to me?
Why was he so mean to me?
After 20 years an so many tears, it dawns on me.
I NOW HAVE PTSD!

*Edit* Sorry, that just popped in my head. That's how I feel.This video brought back some bad memories for me. =/
edit on 11/2/2011 by Slash because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join