It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Judge William Adams beats daughter for using the Internet

page: 79
<< 76  77  78   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 02:34 PM
link   
He's a tyrannical moron. It's no wonder his daughter took revenge on him years later, by showing the public what he's really like. He didn't teach her respect - he taught her how to hate, so now he'll reap what he's sewn, and I've no pity for him.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 03:46 AM
link   
TextTexas judge won't face charges for beating daughter Police say it is too late to prosecute after YouTube footage shows William Adams thrashing daughter, 16, with a belt

www.guardian.co.uk...

Yet the article stated he'd only be refraining from judging on cases of child abuse for two weeks, while the situation was examined. That was printed 4/11/11, so that period's now passed, and I can't locate any further updates as to the outcome of the investigation.

While she's claiming she did it because he was harrasing her, and so he'd try to get help, his lawyer's making out it was revenge over his withdrawing financial support - and that she's played up her disabilities. What an ugly scenario. At 23 years of age, she should be supporting herself imo, but then this judge's lawyer could obviously be 'twisting' things to put a more favourable spin on the whole sorry affair for this violent bully.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 11:12 PM
link   
The punishment she was given is standard stuff. I use to get whipped as a child and honestly.. I'm very greatful that I was.

I attribute the good dicipline my parents gave me to the person I am today.

To those of you that consider this over the top, I think you aren't clearly looking at the big picture here. Society operates on threats and punishment... Why is it that we would seek to punish that man if we truly believe that punishment does not teach or correct behaviours?

This strikes me as nothing short of damaged logic....

Now if the parents were drunk, or substance abusing, and just beating their child for absolutely no reason, then sure.. that is DEFINITELY abuse and I have no tollerance for that. I also agree that punishment should be given with a clear mind and calm attitude. and then after it's been done an explanation of what needs correcting should always be given.

I think society has a sickness, we are trying to take all responsibility from the parents of the children and hand this to the state so that parents are no longer in any authority role to look after and be in control of how their own offspring turn out. We are trying to box in society.. and unfortunately it's the bleeding hearts and do-gooders that lead this weaponless warefare.

I think that there is a respectful age where a child and physical punishmens should stop and be replaced by new mature tactics... but children.. well they still DO NOT KNOW the difference between right, wrong Yes and No.. sadly it seems that if these aren't introduced to children at a younger age.. they never learn and we are starting to reap the fruits of this in society now with youths becoming more and more problematic and dissrespectful.

I could go on but I have better things to spend my time doing... I just find it odd at how many people are lining up behind support against physical punishment or punishment in general and yet.. we use these same means to deal with offenders in society as part of our legal system...?? what's with this.. unexplainable broken logic?

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 11:25 PM
link   
reply to post by JaxCavalera

It's part of the sick agenda and brainwashing that has been going on for a long time. To eliminate personal responsibility, to take all our power, and hand it over to some authority figure. It's why our families and communities are generally in the crapper these days.

Don't you dare defend yourself or your community! Call the police and hope for the best!

Don't you dare teach your children! Leave it up to our schools!

edit on Wed, 30 May 2012 23:27:26 -0500 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 76  77  78   >>

join