It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Judge William Adams beats daughter for using the Internet

page: 76
<< 73  74  75    77  78  79 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 01:35 AM
link   
Deleted content, and consolidated it with my prior post.

edit on 6-11-2011 by LilDudeissocool because: I moved content.

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 01:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by MCJustJ
Are you really quoting Pink Floyd as a source for the history of domestic violence?

At first I was like
but then I was like

"Out in the middle of nowhere
they were at home at night
their fat and psychopathic wives would beat them,
to within inches of their lives"

Describes domestic violence the way I read it. And then the school master beats the kids at school. Those kids then beat kids later in life and so on and so on. It's learned behavior cultivated from dysfunctional cultures. That is learned behavior born out of counties that depend on beating other countries in order to exploit their wealth for the benefit of the wealthy class by exploiting pawns, controlled, owned by the wealthy class, exploited peasants, that breeds violent behavior throughout the infected and affected by violence culture.

Violence is learned by how elites treat others globally. They act out violence to hoard resources. They hoard resources out of greed, a narcissistic behavior. Greed is the root of all evil.

Btw glad you got the humor in it.

edit on 6-11-2011 by LilDudeissocool because: I changed some of the wording.

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 01:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Matthew Dark

what are you babbling about?, america as it is today is a very young "civilisation", lets say naive, in the u.k. what that man did was plain illegal, his child would have been removed and he would have been charged with abuse and assault, you just cannot do that in this country, why he would want to do that to someone he loves is another thing, stop defending the barbarity of the act and think about it for a while. in the uk our society has matured enough to be able to see how wrong all of this is, it amuses me how similar american society and law is to sharia, but i dont expect you can see that either, dont you ever wonder why simple things like television programs are tailored to americans, an example is bear grylls, in uk its is called "born survivor", in america " man vs wild", americans need conflict and war and this is why so many of you are ok with this man whipping the crap out of his daughter, like i said, when you get a parking ticket why not let the officer take a belt to you

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 07:25 AM
link   
I know a girl who also has cerebral palsy and she's an artist and is NOT disabled as so many people would like to believe of someone with cerebral palsy.

I saw the "beat" girl on the news the other day ... she looks fine to me. I have to say 7 years to wait before screaming abuse! Like I had to do to, get over it, learn from it and don't pass the pain onto others. Let the "abuse" be a tool of strength for who I want to be, not moaning over what happened to me 7 years later!

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 07:25 AM
link   
reply to post by THELONIO

Not to get all ad hominem and split hairs, but at least citizens of this "naive" culture have proper spelling, punctuation and grammar.
Again, you're picking on an entire culture because of one example.
And, I was "babbling" about how this entire situation is really none of anyone else's business.
Oh...and the "rule of thumb" describes the thickness of a switch that can be used to beat your wife and kids...which was distinctly British in origin.
That's one type of abuse handed down from the Brits.
Of course, if you all were a bit less "naive" then you wouldn't have lost your colonies.
I figured you would attack me rather than the content of my post, so thank you for proving me correct.

Follow up:
Look...Americans are aggressive. We're fighters. We had to become that way to get the frig away from the abusive rule of the British crown. You're so mature that you attack the person posting rather than make a cohesive argument? Perhaps is the barbarian in me, but that doesn't seem very mature.
edit on 11/6/11 by Matthew Dark because: Still had something to say.

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 07:51 AM
link   
And if that is the case (not knowing the complete back story) she did this on purpose knowing that she would get beat.. Not knowing how severe....... But then again - you don't know the back story and if you read up on the CP disease she has then you would also understand that it is more of a jerky symptom than anything else...People have been blowing this out of proportion specially with her CP... She has a less than mild case of CP and as I said she did this on purpose... You have no idea how or what she disobeyed before this took place....& Mamma Mamma was beating her as well and from what I saw encouraging it, only to divorce her husband knowing that this was made public... For me and my thoughts not knowing the back story - she caused this beating herself.It was a set up gone wrong on her behalf....................reply to post by ThichHeaded

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 07:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Matthew Dark

Not to get all ad hominem and split hairs, but at least citizens of this "naive" culture have proper spelling, punctuation and grammar.
Again, you're picking on an entire culture because of one example.
And, I was "babbling" about how this entire situation is really none of anyone else's business.
Oh...and the "rule of thumb" describes the thickness of a switch that can be used to beat your wife and kids...which was distinctly British in origin.
That's one type of abuse handed down from the Brits.
Of course, if you all were a bit less "naive" then you wouldn't have lost your colonies.
I figured you would attack me rather than the content of my post, so thank you for proving me correct.

Follow up:
Look...Americans are aggressive. We're fighters. We had to become that way to get the frig away from the abusive rule of the British crown. You're so mature that you attack the person posting rather than make a cohesive argument? Perhaps is the barbarian in me, but that doesn't seem very mature.
edit on 11/6/11 by Matthew Dark because: Still had something to say.

Matthew - Darkly: please don't speak for all Americans - you certainly don't speak for me

and try to pay attention to what someone is saying - especially when they're talking directly to you

Britain has learned and moved on - you want to hold their past against them to defend our present?

not really a good argument - is it?

somewhere - a few pages back now - someone made a very important point - the Swedes abandoned all this - correctly realizing that you can't teach someone with violence what you can't teach with words - beautiful

now - that's maturity

Britain, Sweden - much of the world has moved on...we'll get there eventually

I hope

you can't fix everything with a switch or brute force

edit on 11/6/2011 by Spiramirabilis because: to address the right person

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 08:10 AM
link   

THELONIO - I apologize for directing all that in the last post to you - fixed now :-)

that will teach me to post before my first cup of coffee

but as long as I'm here...

...in the uk our society has matured enough to be able to see how wrong all of this is, it amuses me how similar american society and law is to sharia, but i dont expect you can see that either, dont you ever wonder why simple things like television programs are tailored to americans, an example is bear grylls, in uk its is called "born survivor", in america " man vs wild"...

it's always interesting to get a fresh perspective on your own culture. In some ways it's nothing we can't see - that we don't already know

but sometimes I am surprised by what I read here - that is worth a thread all it's own I think

:-)

edit on 11/6/2011 by Spiramirabilis because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by LilDudeissocool

Originally posted by MCJustJ
Are you really quoting Pink Floyd as a source for the history of domestic violence?

At first I was like
but then I was like

"Out in the middle of nowhere
they were at home at night
their fat and psychopathic wives would beat them,
to within inches of their lives"

Describes domestic violence the way I read it. And then the school master beats the kids at school. Those kids then beat kids later in life and so on and so on. It's learned behavior cultivated from dysfunctional cultures. That is learned behavior born out of counties that depend on beating other countries in order to exploit their wealth for the benefit of the wealthy class by exploiting pawns, controlled, owned by the wealthy class, exploited peasants, that breeds violent behavior throughout the infected and affected by violence culture.

Violence is learned by how elites treat others globally. They act out violence to hoard resources. They hoard resources out of greed, a narcissistic behavior. Greed is the root of all evil.

Btw glad you got the humor in it.

edit on 6-11-2011 by LilDudeissocool because: I changed some of the wording.

I agree with pretty much everything you're saying in that post. I just don't know why we would think Britain did it before anyone else. I think the first humans probably resorted to domestic violence all the time(Sadly
) I suppose its not that far of a stretch to assume the global elite out of Britain is the cause for why it is the way it is today though.

I saw the "beat" girl on the news the other day ... she looks fine to me. I have to say 7 years to wait before screaming abuse! Like I had to do to, get over it, learn from it and don't pass the pain onto others. Let the "abuse" be a tool of strength for who I want to be, not moaning over what happened to me 7 years later!

It doesn't sound like you've gotten over it, as has been said many times in this topic. The fact that you got beaten and now you look at this girl and go "eh it's not so bad" is really just a reflection on the affect those beatings had on you. Learn from it? Don't pass the pain onto others? You mean like by trying to expose the abusive person? So they see what kind of person they are? Like she said many times? Shes already said shes over it, in fact shes over it quite well when you listen to her talk.

Most of what she says is about her father, and how she wants him to get help. That to me doesn't sound like a person who hasn't let go of abuse, it sounds like a girl who wants her father in her life but knows what kind of person he is.

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 06:29 PM
link   
If he was hitting her with anything other than a belt.. I'd be on the child abuse wagon also. But this is an "ass whoopin" at best, maybe a little over the top at worst. If he wasn't swinging at legs most of the time... then it may be abuse. If he put the belt down and knuckled up.. then that would be abuse. I know that I'm not the only one that knows the results this type of discipline. Walk around walmart for 10 minutes, you can tell which kids get their ass beat and which don't. Discipline through belt, but not to the point that you are injuring/bruising the child is acceptable. It isn't pretty, and noone likes to see a child get disciplined in public, but I doubt that this was JUST for using the internet.

Once my mom beat the living hell out of my sister for talking to older guys online. He was 13 and couldn't touch the computer for months. As an adolescent, I doubt a talk would have stopped her, and who knows what could have resulted from that.
edit on 6-11-2011 by Santh because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 06:44 PM
link   
She seems like a spoiled brat also. Just another look at this, not sure if this has been posted already.

www.huffingtonpost.com...

Just prior to the YouTube upload, a concerned father shared with his 23-year-old daughter that he was unwilling to continue to work hard and be her primary source of financial support, if she was going to simply `drop out,' and strive to achieve no more in life than to work part time at a video game store," Adams' statement said. "Hillary warned her father if he reduced her financial support, and took away her Mercedes automobile, which her father had provided, he would live to regret it.

Even though... this is a bad looks for a child abuse judge.

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 10:58 PM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

Noticed you had to post twice, hoping for attention... The father clearly has issues (sadistic: sexual/power thing). To those who wouldn't get involved...please tell me we don't belong to the same human race. How stone-cold heartless, bitter and cynical could you be to ignore this type of situation...sheesh.

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 02:25 AM
link   
So anyone who doesn't think that this is extreme abuse is pro-violence.
Got it.
Thank you for illuminating me.
And that's pretty much what this site has been reduced to.
It's all flash and facade and now has begun catering to the lowest common denominator.
Please don't profess to teach me any more life lessons...any of you.
If any of you want to make a difference...then stop whinging to total strangers on the internets and go do something.
The very proof that the girl released this video for no other reason than to blackmail her father speaks volumes, yet a vast majority of you are refuse to see both sides.
Hypocrites.
Sick of your complaning.
So long ATS.
Tired of this nonsense.

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 06:17 PM
link   
so, not for nothin'

"There is evidence that child abuse changes brain function in areas related to processing threat. Chronic stress can lead to imbalance of the autonomic nervous system," she said, referencing the Adverse Childhood Experiences Study, a collaboration between the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and Kaiser Permanente.

Such an imbalance can distort one's fight-or-flight perception, causing a tendency to overreact or magnify perceived threats, she said.
www.cnn.com...

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 06:33 PM
link   
That isnt a beating, thats child abuse.
How could anybody defend that kind of man.

The best part of the whole video is the Judge is being judged by all those he condemns. Not only that he will have to watch and justify his own actions before everybody forever.
That girl wasnt disciplined in love. All I heard was uncontrolled hate.

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 09:46 PM
link   
reply to post by boony

Yep. This pig bullied and beat his own daughter and he seemed to enjoy it. It made me so sick to my stomach. The weakness of the mentally deranged Mother who had absolutely no courage at all whatsoever to help her young daughter was equally sickening. She instead chose to act like one of those victims who go along with the crime because they were supposedly scared that if they didn't, they would get it as well.

You know what I have to say to that? I hope she did get her's afterwards. Because while her scum sucking maggot for a husband is at work making peoples lives miserable, she could have saved herself and her daughter. So that tells me that the only beating that she is getting is the one's that she gets off of and enjoys. They both should serve time for cruel and unusual punishment. What evil sickos torment and beat their own child, who they are there to protect and love? Nothing but trash. Go grab another belt you bottomfeeder you. ~SheopleNation

edit on 7-11-2011 by SheopleNation because: TypO

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 11:10 AM
link   
i saw the vid and yeah its a bit much . if you ask me but i was also beaten with a belt by my own father at 16 and he only hit me TWICE . and left no marks ....

with that being said i googled this guy and found this new story so im not sure if its been posted yet or not but he wont be losing his job over this ..... so the local cops say....

www.huffingtonpost.com...

Hillary Adams, now 23, posted the 8-minute clip on YouTube last week that shows her father viciously lashing her with a belt and trying to force her to bend over her bed to be beaten despite her wails and pleas to stop. The clip had received more than 2.4 million hits as of Thursday, and police began investigating Wednesday after hearing from concerned citizens.

if you take the time to read the story you will all find that this is just a family fight that in opinion has gotten out of hand and his daughter is a spoiled rotten little brat...... who only posted this vid to get back at her father for cutting off her extra cash flow ......
edit on 8/11/11 by alysha.angel because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 11:24 AM
link   
reply to post by alysha.angel

there are sure a lot of people around that genuinely seem to hate spoiled rotten little brats...

if you take the time to read the story you will all find that this is just a family fight that in opinion has gotten out of hand and his daughter is a spoiled rotten little brat...

you saw the video - just exactly how does a child become spoiled rotten if they're subjected to this kind of 'discipline'? Are you saying that she was born rotten - or she just wasn't raised properly?

just exactly how was she spoiled - and if so - who spoiled her?

... who only posted this vid to get back at her father for cutting off her extra cash flow ......

says who?

we all seem to believe the story we already want to believe - don't we?

but, we have the video...what story does the video show us?

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 11:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Spiramirabilis

Are you that intellectually stunted that you refused to acknowledge that the girl was openly blackmailing her father because he took away her Mercedes?
Who do you think you are telling all of us that we're wrong and you're right?
First, the girl was stealing.
Secondly, she was blackmailing her father.
Both of which I'm pretty sure are actual crimes.
She's lucky that she got off with that instead of her father having her arrested and sitting in front of another judge.
I'd pick a slap-around over getting arrested any day of the week.
And, I'd wager that this isn't the first time this girl has tried to get away with something like this.
Have you noticed that the guy spoke to the press but the kid hasn't?
That right there basically says that she knows that she's doing this out of spite and again, I'd hazard this isn't an isolated incident.
Are you there at the house seeing what else goes on?
No, doubtful you are.
You spit out how bad we are for disagreeing with you but your whole argument is a joke.
You haven't got a leg to stand on here.
Plus you and a few others engage in ad hominem attacks on posters rather than content which also reduces the legitimacy of your arguments.
Pathetic.

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 11:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Spiramirabilis

what im saying is this kid got everything she ever asked for in regards to xmas gifts etc she prob got a car for her 17th bday ,stuff like that.......

i was born into a poor family with meager means , and yet i turned out just fine ........

this kid has a trust fund a collage fund and god only knows what else to fall back on ....
something me and my brothers and sister NEVER HAD that to me is being spoiled rotten .....

and if you say my parents were unfit due to the lack of money to buy me anything and everything i asked me you got another thing coming i adore my parents .........

she is spiteful and and mean to her parents and is clearly not greatfull for what they gave her thoughout her life ...

top topics

<< 73  74  75    77  78  79 >>

join