It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Judge William Adams beats daughter for using the Internet

page: 73
<< 70  71  72    74  75  76 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 11:34 AM
link   
This guy went to far on the punishment. He has anger issues and this video proves it. Hopefully he gets help and reconciles with his daughter. The video is punishment enough for him. He will be marked for life and I think he left the town he was in. He was a judge that dealt with child cases like child abuse and unfit parenting from what I read.
I am glad this guy got exposed and hopefully he will lose his job as a judge(if it hasn't happened already).

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Anonymous is on this guy, here's the DOX:
youranonnews.tumblr.com...

gotta love anonymous

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 12:06 PM
link   

wonder how many here who are vociferously against any form of physical discipline, would have reacted to the father simply calling the cops and reporting his daughter for theft, to teach her a lesson. That would have probably indemnified him career-wise. I have seen a great variety of opinion from parents on here, from both those who have chosen, as is their right as a parent, to never strike their child, and from those who like myself have decided, which is equally my right as a parent, to use it. I rather doubt there is anyone in this discussion who honestly feels that abuse is a good thing.If you are one who does not believe in any physical discipline, I'd sincerely like to hear from you on what your reaction to that scenario would be, and why.

There's never an excuse to lay a hand on your child with the intent of inflicting pain. I would not have called the police because that punishment, in my opinion, does not fit the crime and the entirely outrageous and excessive fees involved with digital pirating are not fitting. After explaining the possible consequences of the child's actions that leave no room for interpretation, I would have done one or more of the following: 1) taken away the child's computer and internet for everything except supervised school work; 2) grounded them for a few weeks; 3) removed other must-haves of the child including video games, favorite items, phone privileges, what have you; 4) mandatory chores from the time homework was complete until bed; and 5) possible 2 hour earlier bedtime. Maybe even one more, due to the age of the child; 6) mandatory volunteering for public service for a period of time on weekends.

There are several ways to discipline your child without striking them. IMO, beatings, belt whippings, anything stronger than one or two swats on the behind with your hand, is just lazy parenting. Set rules and leave absolutely no question as to the consequences of their actions--don't threat, don't be wishy-washy. Be firm and stand by your words. If it's a two-parent household, both parents need to stand together and not downplay each other because as soon as one becomes soft, it's all over.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 12:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Enderdog

Continuation of my last post.....

Then something amazing happens. They notice that what they do is connected to other things remote to them, in the world. That's when they start experimenting with purpose, and do things to find out what will happen, beyond the simple joy of doing it. This is also the time when they start to wander away...or even try to get away, from the formerly inseparable bond of their mother. To a smaller degree from their father or others...but they mostly never perceive that as a bond, simply because before noticing that they can affect the world through actions, there is only the sense of Mom and Not-Mom.

In the second phase, from about 16 months to about seven years old, they can reason and connect their actions to effects outside themselves. They begin to see themseves as an individual. Stuff still happens to them, but now they can affect it to some degree, by their actions. This is when you can begin to train them that certain actions lead to certain consequences. And if done well enough, can lead to the removal of any actual need for physical punishment, for most kids. The startle response, which every mentally normal kid has, can be used to gain their complete attention, by overwhelming whatever response they were having before, and linking to other non-physical forms of correction that can be used at a distance. This is called Operant Conditioning and it is how all behavior other than a very few natural instincts humans have is learned. You are never too old to be operantly conditioned, overtly or or even covertly. Anything with a brain from worms to Einstein uses purposeful or random or unconscious conditioning to learn how to react to various stimuli in the environment. And it is how we go from having to think about an action, to just performing it automatically and unconsciously. All our complicated behaviors are made up of tiny blocks of "away-from" and "toward" motivations...not quite as simple as pleasure and pain, but almost.

We all tend to link things that happen simultaneously to us, together in our minds. That's why Pavlov's dogs salivated at the sound of a bell. He operantly conditioned them to associate that sound to being fed, on purpose. But creatures, human and otherwise, also condition themselves without directly being trained. Consciously as in acquiring a skill set, like driving, where new reactions are added to ones already learned and made automatic....and unconsciously, as in developing a phobia of spiders because as you were curiously poking at one as a little kid, you mom suddenly seeing you and shrieking, startling the bejezzus out of you. And that is what I consider the best method of utilizing corporal punishment, to basically instill a phobia of the parent's reaction to disobedience and avoiding it voluntarily if possible, and to stop immediately in the trigger is used. The trigger for this is usually both a a visual stimulus...known as "the look"...and a sound, sometimes known as "that tone", which can be used in in conversation, if they are not able to actually see you at that particular moment. If your three year old kiddo is running toward the street exuberantly chasing some butterfly, or poking his finger into that interesting little pair of spaces on the wall at his eye level, you want a method that instantly stops him from doing WHATEVER he is doing, and freeze for a second, IMO. Explaining if appropriate or reinforcing can come later.

But, that is why the method described as the Pinching from Hell worked for the mother in this discussion used worked for her seven kids. She took them at the optimal age and conditioned them to associate a particular face to the sensation of the pinching,,,,,which does no lasting damage, but got their immediate attention. Even a kid who doesn't learn this at an early age, can be reconditioned to control themselves. It is only my supposition, but I think the judge and his wife may have missed out on such early conditioning with their daughter because of her handicap, and the natural reluctance to do anything which might upset a kid who already had difficulties. I may be wrong. They may simply not have known enough to do it. But, I see elements of concern for her future self in their actions, and as much restraint in not doing what someone who was merely enraged would do to someone whom they were not concerned for the overall good of. Here's a link on behavioral conditioning if anyone is interested.

en.wikipedia.org...

Continued....

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by LightsideAssassin

gotta love anonymous

Xaxaxaxa..This is how it should be. Since he is the "father" and a judge, he will never be punished.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 12:20 PM
link   

gotta love anonymous

Don't people realize all this does is help him? Now he can play the victim in court, act like he's suffered enough from constant harassment from people over the Internet. The judges in his case(Should he see the inside of a court room) is already going to go easy on him, this is just one other thing to work in his favor.

These types of actions are below the people who are truly above this judge. If children really feel the need to harass this man, they should be doing it once the case has disappeared, when he is in the light just leave it up to the "professionals", once they let you do(as they usually do) feel free.

Still, I like the idea of free lube samples showing up at his door
If the Pizza delivery people show up at the same time as his lube he may have a new internet video in the works

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by MCJustJ

gotta love anonymous

Don't people realize all this does is help him? Now he can play the victim in court, act like he's suffered enough from constant harassment from people over the Internet. The judges in his case(Should he see the inside of a court room) is already going to go easy on him, this is just one other thing to work in his favor.

These types of actions are below the people who are truly above this judge. If children really feel the need to harass this man, they should be doing it once the case has disappeared, when he is in the light just leave it up to the "professionals", once they let you do(as they usually do) feel free.

Still, I like the idea of free lube samples showing up at his door
If the Pizza delivery people show up at the same time as his lube he may have a new internet video in the works

He will not be in court. Since the event is 7 years old, the 5 years limit is crossed.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Continued from last post.....

The third phase starts about seven years old and is the age of reason. Around this point, a kid begins to be aware or "right" and "wrong". The elements of that are made up of whatever vales have been instilled in them up to that point. But, by then they know in advance in most cases if what they are about to do is one or the other. And they know there are consequences. If the consequences fail to be more "away from" than the pull of whatever their "toward" motivation is, then they will go with the stronger one. The daughter wanted her free music more than she feared the potential results. She either didn't think she would get caught. Or she thought her will would triumph in the long run. And now it has.

Its those unanticipated consequences though, that she is learning now. She is already saying publicly that she thinks he has suffered enough from her retribution, for threatening to take away her Mercedes, some of her rent help he has been giving her, on the condition she stay in school. And now it is largely out of her hands. I think she will come to sincerely regret her actions. I'm certain she was not trying to ruin her family's life. She simply was too sheltered to realize the kinds of reactions, as some on this board have demonstrated, that are rooted in personal uglies, rather than reason. Her mother is not going to remain unscathed either. I hope that when this mostly blows over, that they will all come together, realize their own parts in it, and forgive each other. I know as a dad, that he will forgive her. I think she will forgive him as well, and I hope she is able to forgive herself. I also hope that nothing too terrible happens to him, for doing what was probably the best job he knew how at the time.

What some on this board have been advocating, is that this guy suffer at the hands of the law, or personal retribution from themselves or someone else. What Muzzleflash has been warning about, IMO, is the very real danger posed to everyone in this country, that the government step in, not based in rational legal limits, but based on someone else's personal anger over their perceptions. Would a mother feel the same about being hauled into court, and having her child taken away and put in foster care...let's not even go into the real and frightening abuses that occur in that system all the time, including death of kids....because her choice not to use corporal punishment on her child because she doesn't believe in it, but uses a tether to keep her child safe....and someone else sees it and becomes outraged at her treating her kid like a dog?

www.parentdish.com...

Anyway.....these are my views. Anyone who believes I am an abuser can go ahead and believe that. I am far more afraid of the government's potential interference and the potential results of that, than I am of someone on a board's, poor opinion of me. And it might do for a few people to read up on what all to commonly happens to kids who are taken into "protective" custody by Children's Services. How's that War on Poverty going?

Stay well.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Texas judge caught beating his daughter won't face charges, police say

"Adams, who presides over child abuse cases" WTH...!! How many cases of abused children did he let go by because they weren't any worse than his?
edit on 4-11-2011 by Cytra because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by deccal
He will not be in court. Since the event is 7 years old, the 5 years limit is crossed.

That actually depends on how you look at it ... first of all, people are going about this all wrong. They are focusing on the battery, while they should be focusing on other issues here.

A. They are aware of the camera.
B. The girl is naked, in the beginning of the picture (to the right).

I'd actually go and ask Mr. Anonymous where he got the picture, and I'd be pretty sure this guy. Who calls himself "Anonymous" isn't such a "clean" guy after all ... because this looks to me, like a video taped adult game. And there is no way to identify people clearly on that picture ... unless you already know.

I'd go after Mr. Anonymous ... he's just about as dirty as Mr. Judge is.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 01:30 PM
link   
I am concerned that this story will go a long way in justifying the passing of more big brother laws. Perhaps every household will be fitted with a camera because 'we can't have that happening again'.. With enough of these vids, the NWO might not seem such a bad idea to a lot of people. This story has been handled by so many news groups, it's quite obvious the MSM wants everybody to see this vid.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by bjarneorn

The daughter is aware of the camera, not the parents. And that is a very small, obviously much younger child that steps into camera view on the right, at the beginning of the tape. Not Hilary, the 16 yr. old.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Disgusting.

"When the Bill on the anti-spanking law was put forward a member of the Swedish Parliament said: "If we as parents cannot convince our children with words, then we shall never convince them with violence.

"http://www.thelocal.se/21270/20090812/# (my first link apologies if it doesnt work).

In Sweden it became illegal to hit children. I couldnt agree more. I have a ten year old who has NEVER been 'spanked'. He is respectful and polite and knows when the limits are being pushed. How can I teach him not to be aggresssive if he sees that violence achieves the desired results? That video for me is abusive, demeaning and not done in love. It is the ire of two controlling individuals who can not bear the thought that they have been 'wronged'. the punishment (abuse) is metted out in anger, not for the benefit of teaching their child.
They have reacted in anger and taught their child that abuse is acceptable when angry. Imho.

In Sweden the crime rate and depression rate dropped. There is a correlation in time lines between physical punishment being abolished and the youth of that era becoming adults. I am short for time right now but I researched this for my degree and can provide links later.

To say that we should let parents do what they want is a ridiculous statement, what of the parents who are abusers? Some people are abusers and sometimes they have children. Had concerned people 'interfered' in some instances children may still be alive today. The 'sanctity of the family' is not an excuse to turn a blind eye.
As a society I believe it is our responsiblity to have an awareness, I may not agree if you decide that physical punishment is your way of raising your children but it is your right as a parent. However, the moment I think it is abusive, I will be calling the authorities asap. I will not turn a blind eye.

Laws were in place to protect animals from cruelty long before laws to protect children. Turning a blind eye leads to people regretting and living with the fact that they maybe could have saved a childs life.

Parenting rights must never over ride the rights of a child not to suffer abuse; physical, psychological, emotionaly or sexual. NEVER.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 02:27 PM
link   
I don't know if it's been posted, but all of his information has been released on pastebin.. He'll probably get it bad.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 02:56 PM
link   

I read your rightwing rant and agree with a lot of it; but if you are afraid of more government intrusion into peoples personal lives.....you are getting to the party a little late, don't you think?

Now who wants a nice hot bowl of the "patriot act"?

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 02:56 PM
link   
reply to post by PurpleHorizon

Sweden is one country I would not be blowing any trumpets for.

www.unhcr.org...
www.telegraph.co.uk...< br /> www.hrw.org...

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 04:56 PM
link   

In his statement, though, William Adams painted a starkly different picture of why his daughter posted the clip.

"Just prior to the YouTube upload, a concerned father shared with his 23-year-old daughter that he was unwilling to continue to work hard and be her primary source of financial support, if she was going to simply `drop out,' and strive to achieve no more in life than to work part time at a video game store," Adams' statement said. "Hillary warned her father if he reduced her financial support, and took away her Mercedes automobile, which her father had provided, he would live to regret it."

www.huffingtonpost.com...

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 05:07 PM
link   
Turn around take your whip get it over with. People think "oh it was dling a game/music what's the big deal" well the big deal is what if she had been doing junk she was not supposed to do?? Even if it is deemed unfair what rules parents place, like you can't talk on the phone for more than 5minutes or don't dl this. The point is you are supposed to listen when you are told to do things.

If this girl kept breaking rules consistently whether she thought they were fair or unfair they are the rules of the house. Like my dad used to tell me, you don't like it move out, till then abide by them. I just followed the rules as messed up as they were then moved out. I used to get whipped and the reason why i would keep getting whipped like this girl is because i had defiance in me, not turning around as told is still holding a bit of control.

If you try to keep control when you break the law in society they will beat your legs with a baton till you comply you are supposed to comply completely and submit when you break the law. The model of the home translates over to society.

If i do not do as i am told in an average traffic violation i an escalate it by defying authority.

This father is trying to teach that. Given he is kind of an jerk the girl had the power to end it by turning around and taking her lick. conceding to the mother giving the spank is her holding a card in her hand where she can bypass her father by going through mother. I saw this with my sister and when we would all get in trouble my brother and I always wanted to get spanked first. i would turn around as told get spanked and go off on my way. some times i would turn at the last second and i had to turn around again. when my sisters turn came up ti was war she would do everything and anything to not comply whether it was aggressively and passively.

You people do not get it and that is because either you are weak or you are not children who required this type of discipline.

as a child youcould not reason nor us psych tricks or grounding to get through to me. I had to be whipped. I was a punk and i would defy authority sometimes knowingly other times because I did not think. either way I quickly learned that if i break the rules i lose my freedom and there are consequences.

In society my siblings and I have never been in jail since we have respect for the laws in society, even though we know many are bogus we still know that kicking like a mule will onlyput on the hurt more.

there are some kids who do not require this. my nieces and nephews don't. My sister even expressed how she is glad she does not have to spank her boy since unlike her he listens when talked to or grounded.

The fact that she recorded it shows she is not as helpless as everyone thinks and she is pretty slick. Also waiting for her father to get to re election to blow this and with his family falling apart in the process it looks like a great big F U dad move. My sister to this day sticks it to dad because she never got away with anything with him. My brother and I can care less.

this girl hammed it up on cam. if she was really getting abused she should have complied right away. had the dad continued to beat her even after she complied LIKE THE DAD asked for not how she wanted to comply then i would be 100% on board with all of you saying he is aweful

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Fathers full statement.

i2.cdn.turner.com...

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 05:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Veritas1

He went too far agreed. The offense however was stealing music off the internet. As a Judge I can see how that would not sit well with him.

new topics

top topics

<< 70  71  72    74  75  76 >>

join