It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Judge William Adams beats daughter for using the Internet

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:
+62 more 
posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash
It doesn't matter really.

Its not your business what people do to their kids. None.
They created them, it's their call.

Thank goodness there are people who totally don't agree with this. I called CSD on my neighbors who were physically and sexually abusing their kids. The father eventually died in prison during his 20 year sentence. I'm damn proud.

I agree the punishment is a bit over the top, and I personally do not use weapons when punishing my children. I do not hit the face or vulnerable organs either.

Of course not, that would leave visible marks, then you'd likely spend some well deserved time in jail.

But I have kids of my own and I totally understand whats going on here.

Wow, really? So just taking out your uncontrollable rage and general anger out on a child family member? Just so you know, this is child abuse. Using a weapon repeatedly...and this was clearly more than just punishment. I'd call it assault.

This is being torn out of context and it's just another way the Nazi Parent - Police can justify their agenda to strip parents of any rights and allow the government to control all of our parenting decisions.

I find it VERY odd that you are taking your stance this far, defending this violent, abusive person. If you've ever done something like this, you should be ashamed.

Not saying you have, but I'm hoping your reaction is misleading...

+14 more 
posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 08:27 PM
link   

reply to post by Epirus

Not my kids, not my responsibility.

It is my responsibility to hold the mob back from trying to strip parents of their rights to parent.

Who are you to say what is right for someone else's family?

even if it means that child loses thier life? Like I said, everyone has a right to raise thier kids in their own way, and discipline in thier own way. But when it comes to freaking beating a kid and putting them in danger, you're saying its ok? Its not your business? nevermind...Im just going to step away for a few minutes and get some air. Peace to you, and I mean no disrespect, but I have seen the results of child abuse, and its not pretty.

+46 more 
link   

reply to post by Epirus

It is my responsibility to hold the mob back from trying to strip parents of their rights to parent.

I don't know if your trolling, playing devils advocate or just horribly ignorant. Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.

+28 more 
link   

Originally posted by NuminousCosmos

My only wish? That somebody would've called those "Nazi" police when my mom started the sexual abuse.

So why didn't you?

Are you not capable of pressing a simple 9-1-1 on the phone?

Call me confused.

Its called fear.. The same reason people who are abused in relationships dont say anything.. You should watch the burning bed.. But you wouldnt understand it because you have never been there probably..

+23 more 
link   

reply to post by Epirus

Just a guess, so if you see a 3 year old kid walking around a supermarket alone crying for his mom, are you going to say "Hey not my kid, not my problem!"

That seems to me the type of person you are. Who cares about the brat, right?

Personally, I would rather surround myself with people who would try to help this kid than ignore him and let him suffer.

+37 more 
posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 08:28 PM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

I didn't know what 9-1-1 was when I was six. Was the abuse eventually discovered by my grandmother, yes. The Great State of California saved my life and took my brother and I away from the horror. I seriously am grateful for the 'Nazi' state that saved my life, provided funds to live on, and helped me pay for a good education.

+14 more 
posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 08:32 PM
link   

reply to post by Epirus

The video clearly shows a child being beaten by her parents (and she also has cerebral palsy allegedly). From the looks of it, this clearly wasn't the first time, considering the fact that someone (The Mom Or Child) videotaped it. You try to twist that as much as you want, but you won't succeed, and ultimately will end up looking almost as bad as the person in the video (the judge not the girl).
edit on 1-11-2011 by technical difficulties because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chai_An
This video is disturbing for more than one reason. Was the girl using the webcam when he started whipping her? Or did someone hack the webcam to get that footage?

I think she probably left it on to get footage/evidence of the beating for the very purpose of releasing it herself or using in court if she wants to get emancipated or get placed with a different guardian.

+25 more 
posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 08:35 PM
link   
My mother would tell me that if I mentioned what happened, they would take us away and I would never see my family again. It blows my mind the amount of social retardation I experienced. When they finally saved me, I was nine, going on ten. I could barely speak, let alone communicate like a normal child. I don't believe in hell, as I have already lived through it.

Are there times to discipline a child? Yes. Are there times to beat a child? Never.

+11 more 
posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 08:36 PM
link   

So in the end, I will defend a parents right to beat their child, even if it goes beyond what I personally find acceptable.

It's not our business.

How about I come into all of your houses and tell you how to live?

Even if it it goes beyond what you find acceptable, you would not intervene? It's our responsibility as people with common sense to step in when the situation goes from teaching a valuable lesson to outright unleashing their personal anger they've accumulated from their own failures.

What you just saw was excessive force being used, also known as child abuse. Jeez.

edit on 1-11-2011 by FermiFlux because: (no reason given)

+1 more 
posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 08:37 PM
link   
I didn't see any real abuse here.
Real abuse wouldn't even be postable on ATS because it would break the T+C.

I understand fully that I am totally outnumbered and am going up against a brick wall here.
But I am used to that.

I am not here to win your favor, I am here to show how contradictory and hypocritical people really are.
I refuse to join in on this anti-parent agenda.

Why isn't anyone talking about the Child Abuse the Govt commits when it bombs nations to rubble arbitrarily over lies? Oh yeah, because everything the govt does is justified.

+1 more 
posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 08:37 PM
link   
Now thats what you call an OLD FASHION OLD SCHOOL ASS BEATING!..... Ha, Some of you people are over reacting, As I'm going through this thread and reading some of your comments, I was waiting to see something beyond ass beating and really on some abusive shh but this? This is nothing compare to what has been done to me, to my brother, my sister, my friends,family,any old fashion hispanic family and a much more ass beating.

The other day I was chilling with my 2 boys and we took it back to the old days and talked about how we used to get dealt with for being bad, from getting hit with wooden sticks, to a cord/plug while you butt ass naked and wet, coming out of the shower and bang, a few wire whippings, getting belt ass whipping with more hits than that girl,and a whole bunch of other ways. Thats how you raise fine men and women (well with females they should get hit a little less)

The parents have the right to do this type of things. Nowadays kids just get punished and really dont know how it feels to really be corrected. Kids are out of control and it takes a good family value with some good belt ass whipping to put them straight.

I'm against child abuse but this?This isn't a big of a deal, a little ass whipping is what is needed. Its been happening for ages instead of punishing your kids and telling them to lock themselves in their room with all their tv,phones,video games. or even without any of those, a child should get a nice ass whipping when they get in trouble, this is how you put your children straight and make them into good little boys and girls.

I would call out some kind of abuse if the father hits her a few times then comes back for 2nd rounds, or 3rd rounds with more, and i mean lots more whipping than that with a few punches and kids...I'm sure half of you got more ass whipping in one single session than his daughter.

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 08:40 PM
link   
reply to post by MilzGatez

Thanks for the comments.

I am glad that some folks see what is really going on here.

At least I know I am not alone. Thank you Sir.

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 08:40 PM
link   
You call that a butt-whoopin'?

That was tame.

And even kids with disabilities need to be corrected.

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 08:42 PM
link   
I think the girl videotaped it. You see her going to the computer as soon as he leaves the room saying do not touch the computer, and in the end you see her look rite into the webcam. I think she did not turn over, because she knew it would enrage the father, and wanted it on webcam. Also notice she only cried when the parents were in the room.

link   

I didn't see any real abuse here.
Real abuse wouldn't even be postable on ATS because it would break the T+C.

I understand fully that I am totally outnumbered and am going up against a brick wall here.
But I am used to that.

I am not here to win your favor, I am here to show how contradictory and hypocritical people really are.
I refuse to join in on this anti-parent agenda.

Why isn't anyone talking about the Child Abuse the Govt commits when it bombs nations to rubble arbitrarily over lies? Oh yeah, because everything the govt does is justified.

What? Come on...it's ok to turn a blind eye coz hey, at least they're not getting bombed?

I know where you are coming from. Sometimes, a smack or two would discipline your child. The point is to make them understand the seriousness of it. A line must be drawn to what is acceptable because this kind of abuse, abuse being committed for their betterment, will only result in psychological trauma and more problems later down the road if not for the victim, for the people in direct contact with them.

What good would the excessive beating in the video do for the girl? I am saddened you do not find anything wrong with it.

Anyway, I'm not against wacking kids when it's needed, I just hope its measured.
edit on 1-11-2011 by FermiFlux because: (no reason given)

link   
I don't see the big deal.

It's just a spanking, kids need a good beating every now and then.

Maybe next time she will listen like a good child is supposed to.
edit on 1-11-2011 by Rockdisjoint because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 08:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by NuminousCosmos
reply to post by muzzleflash

I didn't know what 9-1-1 was when I was six. Was the abuse eventually discovered by my grandmother, yes. The Great State of California saved my life and took my brother and I away from the horror. I seriously am grateful for the 'Nazi' state that saved my life, provided funds to live on, and helped me pay for a good education.

Ok so since you were sexually abused as a child (and you have a good point about your personal situation), does that mean that using a belt on a kid is equally as bad as child sexual abuse?

I think you are trying to use extreme examples to try and paint this parent as a sexual abuser, because actually it's a totally different story altogether.

I saw no sexual abuse what-so-ever in this video.

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 08:44 PM
link   
reply to post by FermiFlux

I DO find a LOT wrong with it.

But it's not my right to go tell others how to discipline their children.

It is however my right to protect the rights of parents to decide their own path in this world.

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 08:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lemon.Fresh
You call that a butt-whoopin'?

That was tame.

And even kids with disabilities need to be corrected.

I have gone through way worse.

My grandpa was crippled and used a metal cane to walk.

I pissed him off one time really bad, and he whopped me with it.

Sure he felt guilty and apologized a lot for it.

But you know what? It taught me a valuable lesson, to behave.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join