It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This is why I have a problem with Churches without Structure!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Some people always say "I hate those people who follow organized religion. Oh man I prefer the churches without structure."

Well this is what happens when you don't have structure.

Sincerely,

A Mad "Real" Christian

edit on 11/1/2011 by drew1749 because: (no reason given)

Edit; btw I found this pic on Reddit. It's not talking about me. lol

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 07:15 PM
link   
LOL Wow these people are ridiculously self-important and delusional.

Dogma is the bane of mankind.

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 07:20 PM
link   
Like I used to tell the self-righteous, judgmental, so-called "Christians" I had the misfortune to work with once upon a time, if heaven is filled with a-holes like you, I'd rather go to hell.

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 07:25 PM
link   
reply to post by drew1749

I thought a religion without structure was a cult? That's really hard to read btw. We don't all have mondo monitors.

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 07:27 PM
link   
Dear Former member of Cornerstone Church:

By the power vested in me to forgive sins by Jesus Christ, I hereby forgive your sins and overrule the prior ruling by Pastor Shade. You are hereby restored to the former status of "Christian" and granted eternal rights to reside in Heaven. Go forth and sin no more. Additionally, as an addendum, I hereby forgive the sins of the world.

Christian

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by drew1749

Some people always say "I hate those people who follow organized religion. Oh man I prefer the churches without structure."

By structure do you mean hierarchical? In some ways I think that makes it worse, because the authority of the priest/pastor does not come from the parish.

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 07:52 PM
link   
reply to post by cloudyday

Why do you think that makes it worse? I think it makes it better. If you religion has strict laws and rules that can't be made up by a church leader just because he's mad it works better.

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Yeah I excommunicated myself from the catholic church for the pope believing he is christ on earth. This pastor is one delusional dude and I can guarantee you He will be in for one Hell of a surprise come judgement day for thinking he has the power to do Gods job of judgment.

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 09:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Noey777

Yeah I excommunicated myself from the catholic church for the pope believing he is christ on earth.

hahahaha what???

As a Catholic I don't know where you read that but whoever you got that from...well I lold.

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 10:09 PM
link   

reply to post by cloudyday

Why do you think that makes it worse? I think it makes it better. If you religion has strict laws and rules that can't be made up by a church leader just because he's mad it works better.

My limited experience with church was Orthodox, so I don't know about Catholics. But of course the Catholics have many scandals where the system doesn't work. The priest at my Orthodox church seemed to be completely unaccountable and crummy even though it wasn't supposed to be that way.
edit on 1-11-2011 by cloudyday because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 11:04 PM
link   

The Church turns more people away, than bringing them to the faith...

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 12:20 AM
link   
And we all know what happens to a church with no structure dont we...
The roof falls off

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 01:04 AM
link   

Sincerely,

A Mad "Real" Christian

Edit; btw I found this pic on Reddit. It's not talking about me. lol

I suspect that this letter was addressed to Jesus, son of Joseph.

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 01:15 AM
link   
It's not my idea, but I agree that the Pastor's job is to prepare his congregation to go out into the world and minister to the needy. By living the example, these ministers bring many to Christ. To me, it's not about how many show up on Sunday Morning.

I have to brag on a few Churches in my area a little, although they would never do it themselves:

When I was doing carpentry in Dothan, Al., we went to the home of a deaf couple that had been completely destroyed by fire. Neither of them could hear the smoke detectors while they were sleeping. BTW this was in the 90's. This unnamed Church paid for the demolition and the construction of their new home, out of compassion that can only come from one source.

A second unnamed Church in Headland, Al., has about 15 people in it's weekly congregation. They are mostly disabled seniors, although they have two young couples, and a few children. The rest of their congregation is doing ministry work in South America, and have been since before I knew about the Church (2 years). How they fund all this, I don't know, but obviously they are not lacking. The building they were leasing for services burnt down recently as well, but they've found a new one, and haven't slowed down one bit.

To me, either of these examples is what I consider a real Church with real Pastors.

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 01:28 AM
link   
My grandfather went through a similar event with his Church back in the 60's. He had a property that he donated as a site for the new construction of a Church. He donated most of the materials, including the concrete blocks, and all the wood. He also donated his labor to build this Church. About two years after it opened, he was caught smoking a cigarette by one of the members, and they kicked him out just like that. To me, this is not a real Church, it's a Church of appearances.

This is a true story, but all my life I never saw him smoke a cigarette. I guess he kicked the habit after getting kicked himself...
edit on 11/2/2011 by visualmiscreant because: added comment

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 02:51 AM
link   
Have SERIOUS issue with any church that HAS any structure. Ive a big problem with any organized religion. Gotta watch those WATCHTOWERS, bake sales, spagetti nights and bingo!

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by jhill76

The Church turns more people away, than bringing them to the faith...

The worst part about this is that it is by DESIGN. Every major religion in this world has been manufactured or infiltrated with an agenda designed to make you HATE God and despise those that LOVE Him.

Religion keeps you from knowing God and keeps you blind as to what God is really like! Sadly, some confuse religion with Jesus, and walk away from them both, God and religion are separate entities that get intertwined together by man.

The entire NWO agenda revolves around removing God by creating mass hatred through false religion. The elite created religion as a Mind Control tool with a hidden agenda that aims to blind and misguide you away from the truth. Do you not see that their entire agenda revolves around permanently separating us from God?

This is how they keep you from knowing God and blind as to what God is really like! Religion is the original programming and mind-control mechanism designed to make you hate God and want nothing to do with Him. ALL pagan religions of mass destruction are controlled by Satan! Religion is the greatest enemy of God, because it is Satan's greatest deception.

Religion was manufactured long ago by men who wished to control the masses. Different religions were created in different places to suit the needs and beliefs of the area, and it was intended to serve as a crutch. The leaders of these regions used religion to enslave their people, and religion continues to be such an evil. In essence, religion was the first form of mind control.

When the Illuminati was formed, it was evident that religion was something that could keep the masses dumb and ignorant to what was really happening around them. Is this not what has happened? Because of religion, the Illuminati has been able to work in secret for many, many years.

The gods that are relative to each religion are continually manufactured in the minds of those that are enslaved. The indoctrination of the masses by religion has led to a brainwashed society that is easy for the Illuminati to take control of. Every major religion in the world has been infiltrated by the Illuminati. A group that calls themselves Light Feet has installed Illuminati members in every major religion of the world. The purpose of these Light Feet is to ensure that the masses are controlled by their respective religion. Source

top topics

join