It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Vets Hate Kerry, by Vet Oliver North

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by American Mad Man
Listen bud, I'm old enough to know what went on in 'nam, and i'm also old enough to understand the BLATENT double talk of liberals like you.

What happened to accountability? You don't blame Kerry for any war crimes WHEN HE ADMITS TO THEM. Instead, like you said, you blame it on the war, the training. the political climet - ANYTHING BUT HIM! What total horse #!

By your logic, no one is EVER accountable for ANYTHING because of the conditions. Kill some one? Oh, well that person grew up in a poor house hold, his parents made him go to school, and because of the president making classes smaller, he didn't have the friends he needed. Thus, he went out and killed someone not because that person was a bad apple, but because someone else made him do it.

This mentality is pathetic. The fact is, no one ever made Kerry do ANY of his warcrimes - HE ACTED UPON HIS OWN FREE WILL - or did you forget that humans have this? Why don't you admit that Kerry isn't exactly a shining example of humanity?

Yeah, Like Bush is a Freakin' Saint... you talk about accountability, What about Ol' Dub Ya's old coke habit, or his drunk driving escapades. Or how 'bout his ruining just about any/every business venture he ever was involved in, and even shirking his " limited" duties in the National Gaurd.

Did someone hold a gun to his head during all this? NOOOO, He did it all of " HIS OWN FREE WILL". If anything thing is pathetic, it's Bush's mentality. Getting a free ride through life on Daddy's coat tails. Sending others off to War when he's afraid to go himself.. Typical act of a coward, talk big and let others fight your battles for you.. Even if Kerry did lie 'bout some things in Vietnam, at least he had the Guts and the Balls to go. More than can be said abuot that "Puss" Bush.

And you conservitives glorify this madman. That's not just pathetic, That's simply insane..

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 08:21 PM
link   
oliver north...

T-R-A-I-T-O-R !!!

oliver north's opinions mean about as much to me as barney the dinosaur's.

he's lucky that the reagan-bush regime was in power when he was convicted... he should have been shot before a firing squad.

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by AntiPolitrix
If you are like me, you believe John Kerry never should of used his Vietnam Service as a center piece to his campaign but i am glad he did. It seems to be the worst thing he could of done.

This was e-mailed to me so i don't have a link but it is good to hear how other Vietnam Vets feel about Kerry and why.

That's funny. I know some Vietnam vets that despise, and I do mean despise chickenhawk Bush/Cheney.

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by mrmulder
Oliver North? I wouldn't trust him if my life depended on it. I don't care what he says. He was behind Iran-Contra and responsible for the CIA drug trafficking here in the U.S.

www.fromthewilderness.com...

Yeah. BigTime bad example. Ollie North has no credibility outside FOXworld.

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 10:15 AM
link   

As usual, all liberals do here is try to discredit a conservative.

Please answere me this liberals: If he personally admits to "yes, yes, I committed the same kind of atrocities as thousands of other soldiers have committed" how IN GODS GREEN EARTH CAN YOU CALL BUSH A WAR CRIMINAL AND AT THE SAME TIME PRESENT KERRY AS SOME KIND OF RIGHTOUS LEADER???

But seriously..
You got some bad facts. Kerry never said that. If you really believe he did.. please share the quote with us.

Please..

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by EastCoastKid

Oliver North? I wouldn't trust him if my life depended on it. I don't care what he says. He was behind Iran-Contra and responsible for the CIA drug trafficking here in the U.S.

Yeah. BigTime bad example. Ollie North has no credibility outside FOXworld.

Look the right just doesn't get it. By which I mean the followers, not the leaders. The opinion makers know exactly what they're doing on this issue.

Criminal = Patriot
Patriot = Criminal

They rewrite history all the time with these "legacy" foundations. The push to decriminalize the Republican Party via wordspeak and groupthink started with Nixon. And continues today with Schwarzenegger invoking him as a hero at the RNC on "People of Compassion" night. It's pervasive with them. Coulter's book on McCarthy being the good guy. The WHOLE North = HERO sham on FOX. The idea that Reagen and Bush 41 were just being good leaders with Iran Contra.
The fact NONE of them seem to have read the official Walsh Report.
That NOBODY wants to talk about Halliburton.

But the minute, a real hero takes light they can't stand it. McCain/Kerry..pick one. Same BS allegations from Neocons. Liars. Traitors. And they just simply don't get that a criminal like North has no credibility except in a den of theives like the RNC.

My God, Cheney is considered a principled leader! They look to Bush for ETHICS and moral foundation. How freaking SICK are these people?

The GOP has been horribly hijacked, derailed and misled and I see no salvation on the horizon. They will NEVER let McCain near power. No principled man will survive their evil and vicious assaults as proven in 2000 in Bush versus McCain.

And don't forget...if you disgree with them you're a "Girlie Man."

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Listen bud, I'm old enough to know what went on in 'nam, and i'm also old enough to understand the BLATENT double talk of liberals like you.

What happened to accountability? You don't blame Kerry for any war crimes WHEN HE ADMITS TO THEM. Instead, like you said, you blame it on the war, the training. the political climet - ANYTHING BUT HIM! What total horse #!

By your logic, no one is EVER accountable for ANYTHING because of the conditions. Kill some one? Oh, well that person grew up in a poor house hold, his parents made him go to school, and because of the president making classes smaller, he didn't have the friends he needed. Thus, he went out and killed someone not because that person was a bad apple, but because someone else made him do it.

This mentality is pathetic. The fact is, no one ever made Kerry do ANY of his warcrimes - HE ACTED UPON HIS OWN FREE WILL - or did you forget that humans have this? Why don't you admit that Kerry isn't exactly a shining example of humanity?

Shining example of humanity? You mean like Bush is? Yes I would say taht Bush's using a coat hanger to brand members of his Frat and laughing about it is exactly the shining form of humanity you speak of.

Also Kerry never said that he commited those atrocites, lest I have never seen a reliable quote that he has. I did read the sennat hearing where he spoke on behalf of about 150 vets that did do those things. Perhaps you suggest that Kerry is a horrible untrustworthy person becasue he had the guts to tell the truth.

Wraith

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by wraith30
I would say taht Bush's using a coat hanger to brand members of his Frat and laughing about it is exactly the shining form of humanity you speak of.

Hmm, would i rather be branding or have my ear cut off...hmmm. Humanity? Neither candidate is a perfect human, but i think Bush best fits the job of President AND to fight the war on terror.

I like the way Kerry votes against almost all military related issues. And you want him to be commander and chief. Nice

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by AntiPolitrix

I would say taht Bush's using a coat hanger to brand members of his Frat and laughing about it is exactly the shining form of humanity you speak of.

Hmm, would i rather be branding or have my ear cut off...hmmm. Humanity? Neither candidate is a perfect human, but i think Bush best fits the job of President AND to fight the war on terror.

I like the way Kerry votes against almost all military related issues. And you want him to be commander and chief. Nice

Question.. what is more important? What you vote for? Or why you vote the way that you do?

wraith

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Why do people always go after someone's character when the issue is FACTS. When it comes to opinion and someone asking you to take them on their word, then it is fair to check credibility. When it comes to verifiable FACTS it doesn't matter who says it if the facts are true and verifiable. Of course the left doesn't really care about facts. In their mind it easier to go after the person reporting the facts than to address the facts themselves. Is anything that North said in that letter untrue? God forbid Kerryclones ever address the message. They know they can't . They'd rather just attack the messenger .

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Question.. what is more important? What you vote for? Or why you vote the way that you do?

wraith

What? ahh

Is the reason i vote for something more important than what i am voting for.

The end result of my vote is more important than the thoughts that lead me to make that vote. I could think about voting all the time but the vote is what counts.

Did i even answer your question
?

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 02:57 PM
link   

But seriously..
You got some bad facts. Kerry never said that. If you really believe he did.. please share the quote with us.

Please..

There are all kinds of atrocities, and I would have to say that, yes, yes, I committed the same kind of atrocities as thousands of other soldiers have committed in that I took part in shootings in free fire zones. I conducted harassment and interdiction fire. I used 50 calibre machine guns, which we were granted and ordered to use, which were our only weapon against people. I took part in search and destroy missions, in the burning of villages. All of this is contrary to the laws of warfare, all of this is contrary to the Geneva Conventions and all of this is ordered as a matter of written established policy by the government of the United States from the top down. And I believe that the men who designed these, the men who designed the free fire zone, the men who ordered us, the men who signed off the air raid strike areas, I think these men, by the letter of the law, the same letter of the law that tried Lieutenant Calley, are war criminals.

ice.he.net...

www.google.com...

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott

ice.he.net...

From the link above:
------------------------------------------
There are all kinds of atrocities, and I would have to say that, yes, yes, I committed the same kind of atrocities as thousands of other soldiers have committed in that I took part in shootings in free fire zones. I conducted harassment and interdiction fire. I used 50 calibre machine guns, which we were granted and ordered to use, which were our only weapon against people. I took part in search and destroy missions, in the burning of villages. All of this is contrary to the laws of warfare, all of this is contrary to the Geneva Conventions and all of this is ordered as a matter of written established policy by the government of the United States from the top down. And I believe that the men who designed these, the men who designed the free fire zone, the men who ordered us, the men who signed off the air raid strike areas, I think these men, by the letter of the law, the same letter of the law that tried Lieutenant Calley, are war criminals.

-- John Kerry, on NBC's "Meet the Press" April 18, 1971
----------------------------------------

Did someone post here that Kerry never admitted to commiting "atrocities/war crimes"? Well here it is Libs, Kerry admits to commiting war crimes. But let me quess, it doesn't matter because you have already made up your brainwashed mind that Kerry is the answer to all problems the US is facing.

Democrates need to wake up and realize they nominated the wrong guy for the job. Don't hate Bush because your political party nominated a fraud, just admit you were wrong and "move on".

Nice Post GradyPhilpott, we thank you for your service and we are sorry it took so long for us to give you the appreciation you desirve, no thanks to Kerry.

Bush 2004!!

[edit on 3-9-2004 by AntiPolitrix]

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 04:26 PM
link   

I know some Vietnam vets that despise, and I do mean despise chickenhawk Bush/Cheney.

Well i am sorry to hear that. Ask them how Kerry is going to fight terrorism with out any military equipment? Thanks to "chickenhawk Bush/Cheney" millions of people in Iraq and Afghanistan can sleep better tonight knowing the terrorist that were running their countries have been wiped out. Not to mention the families of the est. 1,000,000 victims of Saddam now have some kind of closure. I am sorry you and your vet friends can not see the truth through your hatred for Bush. Just pretend like you don't hate so much and alot more people will listen.

One question-- Are you scared yet, can you see Kery's hopes slither away. This country is great and we will not let Kerry and his lolly gaggin team destroy it. Bush 2004

posted on Sep, 5 2004 @ 04:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by sminkeypinkey
BTW when are you lot going to start demanding answers about Ollie North and exactly what he taught bin Laden & Co.?

did ollie teach bin laden i thougth that was CIA and ollie was NSA

posted on Sep, 5 2004 @ 04:26 AM
link   

But seriously.. You got some bad facts. Kerry never said that. If you really believe he did.. please share the quote with us.

Please..

actually you can listen to him yourself....also you can listen to his latest spin on it. then you can go and look at this nice little quote "Id like to see our troops dispersed through the world only at the directive of the United Nations.
www.wintersoldier.com...
www.thecrimson.com...

posted on Sep, 5 2004 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by koji_K
Oliver North. *snicker*. The man convicted of lying to congress finds a problem with Kerry telling the truth. No surprises there.

-koji K.

I believe the proper way to address this man would be, Lt. Col. Oliver North, Ret. USMC.

He never lied about anything in his testimonies.

What he did was deny certain facts, which is guaranteed by the 5th Amendment in our Constitution.

Lie? Deny? Two different words with two different meanings.

He did his job. He did his job well.

In fact, I'd give him a medal for his performance in front of the grilling that
Congress dished out him.

He's an honorable man, an honorable ex-Marine, and an honorable leader, who defended this country with a selfless and fearless manner that one would expect and find in a Marine.

The criminals are the ones who try to make a criminal out of some one who has performed his duty in a way that goes over and beyond the call-of-duty.

posted on Sep, 5 2004 @ 10:43 AM
link   

I used to like watching the X-Files. But with opinions like the ones you're giving and the presentation of your avatar, I'm starting to have second thoughts.

The man did his job. What more do you want out of some one that performs the duties of his job well?

To everyone that criticizes him knows in their hearts that can't never be half the man that he is.

And never will be.

[edit on 5/9/04 by Intelearthling]

posted on Sep, 5 2004 @ 10:59 AM
link   
I'll tell you a funny story about vets and Kerry. I was talking to a fellow Operation Iraqi Freedom vet, and said:

"I can't believe that half of the country is still voting for Bush!"
He replied, "They don't know what we know."

In fact, all of my friends who went to Iraq, both those who got out and those who stayed in, are voting Kerry. So the In an unofficial poll that I've taken, vets support Kerry!

posted on Sep, 5 2004 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Intelearthling

I used to like watching the X-Files. But with opinions like the ones you're giving and the presentation of your avatar, I'm starting to have second thoughts.

The man did his job. What more do you want out of some one that performs the duties of his job well?

To everyone that criticizes him knows in their hearts that can't never be half the man that he is.

And never will be.

There are thousands of criminals doing life sentences in American prisons who did far less than Oliver North. What is so courageous and patriotic about importing coc aine into the United States??

[edit on 5/9/04 by Intelearthling]

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join