It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

1730 Spanish (Spain) Document - UFO Sighting Discussion

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 05:30 PM
link   

The title, translated would be something like : "Judgement, Globe forecast and three columns of fire seen on our Spanish horizon on November 2, 1730".

I enjoyed a lot this one, there are 2 spanish gentelmen discussing about a phenomena that took place in 1730, in Spain. They were very similar to us, ATS members, believers and skeptics.

I won't be able to translate the full document. It took me a while to understand it (I know spanish very good), since this is an old version of the language, very different from the one spoken today.

Anyway, here is the most interesting part :

(Page 3 of 36)

APPROVAL OF DON ZENON Guerao AZNAR, Professor of Astronomy and doctors of this Court.

M. P. S.

Order, and commission of V. A. I've seen neat and careful attention, the paper entitled: "Response of Don Diego de Torres Villarroel and his friend Don Juan Ventura, on the appearance of the phenomenon, or promontory of lights that showed up in the air on November 2 1730. Looking at it strictly speaking, only hallo, comprising some judgments about the sublunary impressions formed in the low light of an uncertain and misleading conjecture deestemplanza deducted from the environment, occasions (as suspected) the phenomenon than that has appeared in various places on our horizon. it is true that if ignorance was willing these forecasts as always, would be credulity because the author has proposed that aceveracion, that the writings of such categories, so just right. ....

(Page 7 of 36)

Response of Don Diego de Torres to his friend Don Juan Ventura, on the appearance of the phenomenon or Promontory of lights that showed up in the air on November 2, 1730.

...... in the horrific picture of a pilgrim promontory of light and clouds that are set in one of the spheres in front of us on the 2d of November of this year ....

You can check the rest here :

source
edit on 1/11/2011 by ArMaP because: Link corrected

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 06:00 PM
link   
well it sounds interesting, even if it wasnt an E.T. ufo, it seems as though they did see some type of anomaly. I love these old articles. Not a lot of BS in these, they usually described exactly what they saw, just did not know how to describe things like this.

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 06:14 PM
link   
reply to post by gunshooter

Right, I have the same opinion. These kind of old articles are not biased. The mass media wasn't controlled by the govs....lol.

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 06:14 PM
link   
Thank you Trueman!!

It seems that it happened all the time, even discussed!
And also rejected!

Frami

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 06:20 PM
link   
excuse my ignorance, but is it in english?

well I hope so, I will have to learn spanish now too... I was just getting into sumerian

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 06:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Trueman

well i'm not Spanish i'm Portuguese, i will try to have a look, to see if i understand a little much... don't promisse anything...
S&F 2u amigo

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 06:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Trueman

Could that be a discussion of Aurora's? Is it possible it was a very active year for them?

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 06:54 PM
link   
On November 2nd, 1730 there was another atmospheric event, a lightning storm over England. In Maidstone, an eighty foot high, lead-covered church tower burned down after being struck by lightning.

Related?

The church stands at the western part of the town, on the bank of the river Medway.

The church is a large handsome building, consisting of a nave, great chancel, and two side isles; the roof is lofty, and is covered throughout with lead. At the west end it has a handsome well built tower, on which there was a spire covered with lead, near eighty feet high, which was burnt down by lightning, on Nov. 2, 1730.

www.british-history.ac.uk...

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 07:07 PM
link   
Very interesting..
Ufo-norway has something similar, containing reports of ufo's since 1563-1946. Very cool stuff.
www.ufo.no... but it's only in Norwegian though :/

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 07:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Trueman

That's a great find, regardless of what it may have been.

With today's tendency to digitize old books and documents held in libraries and archives, the possibilities of finding things like this are bigger every day.

But even if they weren't biased, they had to go through the church censors, that's why all old books had, on the first page, a notice about the license to be published (as we can see at the bottom of the first image).

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 07:19 PM
link   
reply to post by voyger2

Old Spanish is not that different from modern Portuguese, we just find some unfamiliar words from time to time, but with Internet access those words are easily explained.

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 07:23 PM
link   
im at 13 page... it seem's to me that in this letter a famous matematian is asked to help is king to heal him from a health problem, originated by a phenomenan... it seem's also that this matematian that is some of is own health problems rheumatism) haves knowledge to read/set an oracle from the star's...and is king is asking for help in that matter's to ...

( it's a late for me know if i can't get any further answers i ill try tomorrow more of this intersting reading)...

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by ArMaP
reply to post by voyger2

Old Spanish is not that different from modern Portuguese, we just find some unfamiliar words from time to time, but with Internet access those words are easily explained.

well as you say it is in fact very much like our old portuguese writing

im just on to it ...if you try to read you will notice that word's with some kind of ff's are in real ss's or c's...ex.: "y tan eftranas vifiones en el ayre" it means "y tan estranas viciones en el ayre" or in english " and so much strange visions in the sky"..

well this open my appetite

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 07:33 PM
link   
thnks voyager, at least I ahve a little bit of an idea what is going on now.

I really gotta learn more languages

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 08:06 PM
link   
well at page 15 the matematian is speaking about the formation of rain, snow, thunder's and is trying to explain also the way the meteors desintregrat in space near to presenc of our sun... but.. he say's this interesting thing also "y alli (y la virtude de los demas cuerpos celestes, à la region suprema, ò media del ayre) , segun la union de las materias, y su temperamento, formam las figuras tan raras que hemos visto."
translating this litle "baby" it means this:

and there (in the suprem region (he is refering to the clestial bodies or star's) or meadle air (i think it menas sky) ) by the way of the union of mater and temperance, it shapes the rare figures tht we seen

folk's it's late for me... i have to sleep tomorrow work's on me
... i will try to proced with this tomorrow and i invite anyone that understand the laguage to proced with this one while im at sleep

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 02:47 AM
link   
reply to post by frami12

You are more than welcome

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 02:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by KingAtlas
excuse my ignorance, but is it in english?

well I hope so, I will have to learn spanish now too... I was just getting into sumerian

No, it's not english. It was written in an old form of spanish, very primitive, with an incompleted spanish alphabet.

I did a modern spanish translation first, in order to translate it with google. Here the modern version I did :

(Pagina 3 de 36)

APROBACION DE DON ZENON GUERAO AZNAR, Profesor de Astronomia y Medico de esta Corte.

M. P. S.

De orden, y comision de V. A. he visto con atencion prolija y cuidadosa, el papel intitulado : "Respuesta de Don Diego de Torres y Villarroel a su amigo Don Juan Ventura, sobre la aparicion del fenomeno, o promontorio de luces que se dejo ver en el aire el dia 2 de Noviembre de 1730. Examinando en rigor esto, tan solo hallo, que comprende unos juicios sobre las impresiones sublunares, formados en la escasa lumbre de una incierta y engañosa conjetura, deducidos de la deestemplanza del ambiente, ocacionada (segun se sospecha) del superior fenomeno que ha aparecido en varios lugares de nuestro horizonte. Es cierto que si la ignorancia encontrara dispuesta estos pronosticos como siempre, la credulidad no sería porque su autor se lo ha propuesto con aquella aceveracion, que en los escritos de semejante categoria, con tan justo derecho.....

(Pagina 7 de 36)

RESPUESTA DE DON DIEGO de Torres a su amigo Don Juan Ventura, sobre la aparicion del fenomeno o Promontorio de luces que se dejo ver en el aire el dia 2 de Noviembre de 1730.

......en el horroroso dibujo de un peregrino promontorio de luces y nubarrones que se fijó en una de las esferas frente a nosotros el dia 2 de Noviembre de este año....

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 02:53 AM
link   
reply to post by voyger2

Thank you. In those days, spanish and portuguese language were very similar.

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 02:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555
reply to post by Trueman

Could that be a discussion of Aurora's? Is it possible it was a very active year for them?

Interesting opinion, would you expand it ?

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 03:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Chronon

Wow, that must be the same phenomena, a huge event. Thanks.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join