It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kerry - voting record

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 02:15 PM
link   
I have looked high and low for information on why Kerry has missed so many votes. I want to know what his explanation is and I have yet to hear him explain himself or even acknowledge that this is a problem.

The best site to look for yourself and see what he voted on and how he voted is vote smart (below) but it does take a lot of time to go through each issue.

www.vote-smart.org...

Here is a list of the votes he missed just in '03

www.kerryquotes.com...

All I want to know is what HIS explanation is. He was elected into office to represent the people of Mass and it certainly does not look to me like he is doing that. If he can't do his job in Mass, how can we have any faith that he can run the Country?

I'm STILL waiting for someone to explain this to me!!!!

[edit on 19-9-2004 by Jemison]

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 02:26 PM
link   
This is a shameless partisan answer, He missed so many votes because did not know which vote would make him look good. Kerry seems to be only concerned about his image and making himself look good.

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 02:44 PM
link   

He missed so many votes because did not know which vote would make him look good.

Unless someone can post what Kerry has to say on the matter I think I'll have to agree with your opinion!

I have a few friends who were pro-Kerry. I asked them about his voting record and they didn't have any clue that it was so pitiful. I referred them to vote-smart and they were shocked to see for themselves a)how infrequently he actually voted and b) how different his votes were compared to what he said in his DNC speech.

I can't wait to hear Kerry explain himself and I hope it comes sooner rather than later!

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by jrsdls
This is a shameless partisan answer, He missed so many votes because did not know which vote would make him look good. Kerry seems to be only concerned about his image and making himself look good.

Just because it is a partisan answer does not make it a lie. You are right on the money. Kerry does not want a recent track record for the Bush Campaign to point to. They can talk about his lack of voting, but not the issues he bypassed. This explains his "Blowing in the wind" flip flops based on polling data

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Seeing as how the clown has missed a full 87% of all votes held in the Senate!

Face it, John Kerry is an over-blown wind-bag and frankly, I am rather enjoying watching him and his campaign tank. It'll be 4 more years of Bush!

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 04:08 PM
link   
I am amazed that this isn't and has not been the #1 issue. Who cares about swift boats. This is the core of what his job record has been. The rest of us, when we go to apply for a job, must list our past work history and if I had a history of never showing up to work then who would hire me? What's also amazing is how many intelligence meetings he missed , even right after 9-11 and noone seems to bring this up much. I can see why his convention theme contained his Vietnam days, then skipped all the way up to present. Leaving out 20 years of job performance.

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 04:53 PM
link   

I am amazed that this isn't and has not been the #1 issue

EXACTLY!!! Why aren't his followers in an uproar about his record in the Senate? How is it that they are able to simply ignore it? I suspect that a lot of them are totally unaware of his senate record (or lack of) and I really wish that this issue would come in the spotlight.

I don't see any good way for Kerry to explain himself on this issue but it will be interesting to hear how he does ... IF he does.

PLEASE, if ANYONE has heard Kerry explain why he missed so many votes and how he feels justified in doing that, please post the link ASAP!

Oh, and one more thing ... I saw a short clip of Edwards saying "why hasn't the other side talked about what they have done for the last 4 years? because they haven't done anything worth talking about!" My jaw dropped when I heard that. Edwards saying Bush hasn't done anything?!? As if he and Kerry are ones to talk! I think Edwards voting record is almost as low as Kerry's!

new topics

top topics

join