It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Will assualts be a blemish to the OWS movements?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 04:40 PM
link   
www.nypost.com...

Wall Street protesters in Zuccotti Park battened down the hatches yesterday as the early October snow turned their tents into igloos, but the close quarters also made easy pickings for one predator. A sex fiend barged into a woman’s tent and sexually assaulted her at around 6 a.m., said protesters, who chased him from the park. “Pervert! Pervert! Get the f--k out!” said vigilante Occupiers, who never bothered to call the cops. “They were shining flashlights in his face and yelling at him to leave,” said a woman who called herself Leslie, but refused to give her real name.

This is perhaps the most disturbing part of the whole article, though- it appears this is a recurring problem, according to this woman, and the fact that they deal with it in their own way, and that they are going unreported.

she said that weeks earlier another woman was raped. “We don’t tell anyone,” she said. “We handle it internally. I said too much already.”

from my understanding, there is a pamplet that is circulating at these protests about sexual assaults

articles.baltimoresun.com...

Efforts by the Occupy Baltimore protest group to evolve into a self-contained, self-governing community have erupted into controversy with the distribution of a pamphlet that victim advocates and health workers fear discourages victims of sexual assaults from contacting police. The pamphlet says that members of the protest group who believe they are victims or who suspect sexual abuse "are encouraged to immediately report the incident to the Security Committee," which will investigate and "supply the abuser with counseling resources."

COUNSELING RESOURCES???? You have to be kidding me...for those who have ever known anyone that has been assualted, that is the last thing you want to here. I believe that they need to be arrested, dealt with and THEN offered counseling resources. This is the equivalent to slapping them on the wrists and saying "dont do that again." Beside, it is my understanding that these movements use private security counsels...what does that entail, I wondern...anyway..
also, this is not the first account of sexual assault, and is not only a threat to women
but also a young deaf man....
community.myfoxny.com... _a_man

so, my question is this - are these just isolated incidents but a real threat? Or are these just "plants" that have moved into the protests? Also, will this put a blemish on what the protests say they stand for?
edit on 1-11-2011 by Veritas1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Unfortunately for them, yes. The movement will be remembered for its actions.

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 05:08 PM
link   
bloody brilliant..rather than detaining and handing the rapist over to the police they shine flashlights on him and chase him away so he can find someone else to rape..
And these geniuses want to take over ? with actions like that better the corrupt old bastards in dizzy city at least under the current regime rapists are imprisoned..

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 05:09 PM
link   
No it wont in my view, the only thing the msm is showing is the few acts of violence or weirdness that some of the OWS participants will do, its such a minority but why the hell would the media show any peaceful activist..

That would be too boring, and it wouldent help the elites at all.

new topics

top topics

join