It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anonymous cancels crackdown on Mexican Zetas drug cartel

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Much has been made in recent hours about the so-called # OpCartel, which involves the disclosure of sensitive data about criminal organizations, particularly those engaged in drug trafficking and its relationships with governments, especially the government of Mexico and other countries and anti-drug agencies of the United States.

Read more
neglectedwar.com...

And more
neglectedwar.com...

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Sounds like someones got to them. As crazy as these Zetas are, I would have cancelled it to.

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 04:50 PM
link   
looks like they finally realised guns and machetes beat keyboards..

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by rocket88

Much has been made in recent hours about the so-called # OpCartel, which involves the disclosure of sensitive data about criminal organizations, particularly those engaged in drug trafficking and its relationships with governments, especially the government of Mexico and other countries and anti-drug agencies of the United States.

Read more
neglectedwar.com...

And more
neglectedwar.com...

“Destroying # OpCartel because the lives of people who are not participating can be put at risk,” was published in the first text of the cancellation of the operation, through Twitter account @ Sm0k34n0n.

Just another group of individuals that cherry pick their"victims"in the name of Justice.

So publishing names of police officers,doesn't put innocent victims at risk? Drug dealing multibillionaires don't put peoples lives at risk? Hypocrisy..

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 04:55 PM
link   
If anon can't stand up to the Zetas, they are weak and worthless.

Anon needs to go away for good I guess. They served no purpose than to waste people's time.

The Zetas are some of the most cruel and inhuman people on Earth, stopping them is worth everything.

Do you have any idea how many families are hurt by them?
They should be stopped no matter how difficult the battle is.

I am EXTREMELY DISAPPOINTED!!!

What a farce.

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 05:03 PM
link   
Of course Anon Cancelled,

Mucking around and generally midley harrassing Large multi nationals, Government officials, corrupt police etc.
or hacking government or "religous" websites and stealing low level information which is only secured on a very basic level is one thing...

on an open forum threatening guys that will straight up murder you and dont care about cover ups, dont care if there group is directly connected with your death is an entirley diffrent scenario.

you can hide behind the computers when your hiding from the governmment, when your hiding from law etc.

you can get the public to back you when you are fighting powers the general public will bad mouth in public.

This is why they have not released info about anything critical before, this is why there hasnt been "disclosure" through anon, this is why black budget spending hasnt been disclosed, secret aircraft, or people in government/cia who deal with the actual corrupt has never been released by them.....

if you are primarily a bunch of 19-30 hackers playing the game of fighting the power thats one thing,

once you cross the line though... with murderers, actual criminals, or people/governments that CANNOT allow the information you threaten to release be released... you are then in a very sticky situation... anon have found there limits... turns out thats international murdering south american drug cartels... whod've thunk it ?

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 05:04 PM
link   
some instant idea was that anonymous just works with a significant ammount of booze

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 05:06 PM
link   
The Zetas drug cartel is arguably one of the most dangerous organizations in the entire world today.

They have established a clear policy of hyper-violence as their preferred means of retaliation to any form of resistance and they have the money and resources to find and kill anyone they feel is a threat.

This is a smart move, Los Zetas need to be held accountable but that is a job best left to the proper authorities.

edit on 1-11-2011 by Drunkenparrot because: sp

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 05:06 PM
link   
What about their script kidy buddy they just going to leave him oh noze

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Mexico City Anonymous group anounced it has cancelled reprisals against the Zetas cartel for being a very risky operation. It was informed through a press and social networks for different users.

However, because of the great risks involved in leaking information and to safeguard the integrity of persons adhering to the collective group of hackers, they decided to cancel the whole operation.

Perhaps...

Drug Cartel: Tell you what, we'll give your member up to you, in return, you do not release the information you claim to have AND, you release a statement that says something along the lines of "the risk does not out-weigh the benefit to expose our organization" then we'll call it even....deal?

Anonymous: Deal!

Pull back the veil...and imo, it's a plausible scenario. Both sides win for all intents and purposes.
edit on 11/1/2011 by UberL33t because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 05:16 PM
link   
reply to post by rocket88

More like it has to do with one of Anon's employees taken captive by the drug cartel in Mexico

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 05:29 PM
link   
reply to post by UberL33t

Pull back the veil...and imo, it's a plausible scenario. Both sides win for all intents and purposes.

I think your are honestly putting a lot of stock and hope into the idea that the cartel's are reasonable and can be dealt with.

These are people who would literally murder their own family to make a buck, I dont see them going all "soft" and making a deal with a group of teenagers who's main weapon is ddos attacks.

The cartel could care less about who's names get released as well. If a name gets released, the cartel will just kill that person, and replace them with somebody new.

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZombieJesus
reply to post by UberL33t

I think your are honestly putting a lot of stock and hope into the idea that the cartel's are reasonable and can be dealt with.

These are people who would literally murder their own family to make a buck, I dont see them going all "soft" and making a deal with a group of teenagers who's main weapon is ddos attacks.

The cartel could care less about who's names get released as well. If a name gets released, the cartel will just kill that person, and replace them with somebody new.

i agree, i see it much more like...

cartel: we will mureder everyone assosiated with your member, we will find other people at point that have claimed to be involved with anon and murder them and there famalies too.... or you can tell the world your scared of us!

Deal?

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 05:37 PM
link   
reply to post by ZombieJesus

I may have been airing on that side a tad. One thing about the cartel, it's a business. What you say is as much of a probability as any but if you look from the business aspect of it, the cartel has quite the exposure these days. There is only so much negative exposure most business can afford to take before it starts to hurt their pockets.

I think the cartel would at least throw caution to the wind. Giving up one member of these ddos attackers via the aforementioned "deal" would allow for a lot less contingency to have to be implemented provided Anonymous followed through with their threat.

Just notions of possibility I felt like contributing.

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 08:14 PM
link   

This is a lie created by the Media. The media is already all over this, saying "you backed off because you feared being found out by the Zetas"

Basically a classic campaign to keep people thinking "hackers" are a bunch of wussies all warm and fuzzy in their house and are nothing to be afraid of.
Damn I can't wait for Friday!

Anonymous has not backed down or cancelled anything, we deliver

BTW Zetas threaten us? Someone should tell them that the whole point of threatening someone is actually knowing WHO they are. I'm sure these #ing low life goons have no idea. It ain't about where you from (Mexico where you have used fear to control people) It's about where you're at (The Internet where nothing is sacred besides the truth). They will burn. They will pay for their barbaric ways.

Los Lobos - Ay ese why you hack our # homes?

EXPECT US
edit on 2-11-2011 by Unknown Soldier because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 08:32 PM
link   
total disinfo

We didnt backed off and we're still in the process

How the hell they could threaten something they DONT know ?
Pen vs the Sword

edit on 2-11-2011 by AnonymousVan because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Some of this is still operational. Some things cannot be stopped....

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 11:17 AM
link   
LOL! Sounds like Anonymous made up the kidnapping story in the first place.

Anonymous retreats from Mexico drug cartel confrontation

Plans by the hacker collective Anonymous to expose collaborators with Mexico's bloody Zetas drug cartel – a project it dubbed "#OpCartel" – have fallen into disarray, with some retreating from the idea of confronting the killers while others say that the kidnap of an Anonymous hacker, the incident meant to have spawned the scheme, never happened.

Two hacker members of "Operation Cartel", which said earlier this week that it would expose members of the murderous cartel, have now indicated that they are stopping their scheme to identify collaborators and members because they don't want anyone to be killed as a result.

But other hackers have also questioned the entire pretext for the planned exposure. The original video, which said that the hackers would begin releasing the data from 5 November, claimed that it was a reprisal for the kidnapping of an unidentified Anonymous member in the coastal city of Veracruz, an oil state on the Gulf of Mexico with a major port of the same name.

However, a number of doubts have been raised over the claim of the original kidnapping. There is no police report filed to link to the original claim of a kidnap: "Not one person can name the victim, the date or a witness," observed Mach2600 on Twitter.

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash
If anon can't stand up to the Zetas, they are weak and worthless.

Anon needs to go away for good I guess. They served no purpose than to waste people's time.

The Zetas are some of the most cruel and inhuman people on Earth, stopping them is worth everything.

Do you have any idea how many families are hurt by them?
They should be stopped no matter how difficult the battle is.

I am EXTREMELY DISAPPOINTED!!!

What a farce.
Muzzle, I have agreed with you on many things, but this one. If you go up against this cartel and they threaten to kill your family and friends, and you know they will, would you continue on? Are we to be extremely disappointed that you have not devoted your life and the death of your family and associates, because it's worth it to stop them?
edit on 11/3/1111 by NoAngel2u because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join