It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I've Had it With You Entitlement-bred Underachievers

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 03:09 PM
link   
This Occupy Stupid thing has me fired up.

The system is by no means perfect. I day traded for several years, long enough to quickly realize the system is fixed and you have to bring your A game to make any money. It needs fixing. Flailing about in a park isn't going to do that, it's unfortunate that most of those people that are "occupying" don't realize that.

I served 13 years in the military, got paid crap. Qualified for food stamps and the wife got WIC for 4 years of that stretch. 3 deployments. So I've paid my debt to the US (we never did take the food stamps... pride thing). I left the service because you can't get a degree in my field of study from a decent university part time, so I made the choice. Don't regret it and now I'm a physics lecturer at the local stat univ.

Got my graduate degree, paid off all my student loans with a job as a defense contractor. Mac & Cheese. We did it, we managed our budget and we are now totally debt free. American Dream: we sacrificed for a while, toughed it out and now we're good. This is what those people at OWS don't get. There's a poem: something like:

A man says to the universe
I exist!
The universe replies:
That does not create in me
Any sense of obligation

So to you OWS supporters: I owe you nothing. I will give you nothing. If you try to take it from my family, I will exercise the appropriate amount of force.

I've earned, bled, for everything I have and you will not take it from me. This. Is Liberty.

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by tangonine

I like what you said, does it apply to the corporations, and institutions that deliberately deprive people as a whole to further their profits ?

"I owe you nothing. I will give you nothing. If you try to take it from my family, I will exercise the appropriate amount of force."

Is an awareness campaign to spark debate appropriate force ? ? ?

edit on 1-11-2011 by DrunkNinja because: (no reason given)

+18 more 
link   

Yet another person who just doesnt get it. Wants to say the systems broke but doesnt want anyone to do anything about it. Wants to complain and moan like someone taking something away from him when no one is. Wants to talk about "entitlement-bred" but doesnt want to look at that issue in society or fix it.

Glad to see you all fired up, just a shame its for no good cause. Maybe if you put a fraction of that energy into doing something, the world would be a better place.

+14 more 
link   
OMFG I thought if I had to read another one of these, my head would explode. This IS NOT about entitlement, and you are showing your ignorance by making a statement like that. This is about government corruption; collusion with the financial institutions.

It is about America being controlled by corporate interests, lobbying Congress, and PREDATORY CAPITALISM.
I mean seriously...One moron at the movement makes a statement, and suddenly he speaks for everyone? I don't know where you get this crap other than that, but I do know that you should do some research, because without it you will remain ignorant, as I doubt my reply will open your eyes if they have been closed this long.

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 03:15 PM
link   

So OWS protesters are coming into your home and trying to rob you?
Or you think they will?
I don't get it they're mulling about in a park so they ( that's your words BTW)are planning on taking your stuff from you?

edit on 1-11-2011 by ldyserenity because: edit to clarify sentence

edit on 1-11-2011 by ldyserenity because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Stock market investors are grazers. Normal people want to reach grazer status so they can do nothing and make money too!

link   
So you felt you've done enough to the world to make a statement like this? What is your exit strategy? Do you have an overall solution to this world? All I see is a guy boasting his accomplishments with some frustration and yet doing nothing about it.
edit on 1-11-2011 by Absco because: (no reason given)

link   
I do not receive entitlements and I do not plan on it, I think I would die first. My pride would never allow me to sit on my ass and expect to receive something for nothing.

I also support the protesters, and I do not think the majority of them expects handouts either. But what we do expect and demand is a level playing field where laws are no longer created to the benefit of big business rather than the people.

edit on 1-11-2011 by Skewed because: (no reason given)

link   
And yet another Fox News victim

2nd

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 03:19 PM
link   
What the original OWS people don't get it is that they are th newer generation. Everyone knew this would happen. They don't get that the world isn't as easy as it used to be for them and that the same things happened back in Carnegie's time. It takes guts and balls if you want the devil's paper but apparently some people think they go to college get some random degree and make it in life just like that. The world is corrupt. It's life. Get used to it. They don't get that big corporations are fighting each other all over the world competiting. Of course it's harsh and it's their choice to participate. And if they have no choice and thy really wanted to get out of the system they would try their hardest to make a living and get money to move somewhere devoid of all these regulations

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 03:20 PM
link   
You want to bitch about somebody taking your stuff from you, why don't you bitch to the IRS and the FED who actually HAS taken from you, me, Joe Bob down the street and redistributed it to illegals and low life scum that have gathered at the top of our sick pyramid.

WHAAAAAAAAAA!

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShogunAssassins

Yet another person who just doesnt get it. Wants to say the systems broke but doesnt want anyone to do anything about it. Wants to complain and moan like someone taking something away from him when no one is. Wants to talk about "entitlement-bred" but doesnt want to look at that issue in society or fix it.

Glad to see you all fired up, just a shame its for no good cause. Maybe if you put a fraction of that energy into doing something, the world would be a better place.

I get it. Oh, believe me, I get it. The system is broken, but what i DO ABOUT IT is vote, and I call and e-mail my representatives and senate members. For you to imply I don't do anything is incorrect. I do what I can within the law.

Where was the "moan" part? seriously? you're just throwing rocks hippie.

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Do you own a home? Make sure you keep a steady income if you want to keep it.
Do you own a car & want to travel freely? Keep that steady income coming in to pay for the right to drive on roads your taxes pay to maintain.

Basically they have us by the short curlies, we have to keep a steady income if we choose to own anything like a home, renting obviously requires a steady income. What if you get sick and lose that income? What if your job(s) are given to overseas companies to save money? That's like a cancer that is spreading and will eventually hit everyone regardless of line of work in America.

If you "have to" work to live, that's slavery, end of story.

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 03:21 PM
link   

tangonine, how did you pay for school?

Military benefit?

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by ldyserenity
You want to bitch about somebody taking your stuff from you, why don't you bitch to the IRS and the FED who actually HAS taken from you, me, Joe Bob down the street and redistributed it to illegals and low life scum that have gathered at the top of our sick pyramid.

WHAAAAAAAAAA!

Actually, I do. I think the Fed is not constitutional and our tax code is crap. Might want to pick someone to insult who doesn't agree with you...

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 03:24 PM
link   
So you day traded for a while. Integrity in what you say and do is what each of us can do to improve the system.

link   
You just gotta love those hard core right wingers

When right wingers protest they get called "grass root movement" and you mostly hear praise coming out of the talking heads, because most of them are paid by the GOP

but when a liberal protest, they get called a hippie

link   

Originally posted by TinkerHaus

tangonine, how did you pay for school?

Military benefit?

It took me 9 years to get my BS (was on active duty for 6 of that). I had to take out loans for the last 2 years to the tune of $4000. My graduate degree was all out of pocket: $20,000. I was one of those idiots that though that the $100/month for the GI Bill would be better spent on beer, so I opted out.... I wasn't very smart, back then. LOL

link   

No one in OWS is asking for handouts. No one expects entitlements.

What we want is for tax loopholes to stop. We want the USG to stop subsidizing moving jobs offshore. We want a transparent and fair tax code. We want the link between Wall Street and Washington to be broken.

We want a form of currency with a little spending power. We want broad financial reform and a future worth bringing our kids into.

I'm doing ok for myself too, and I agree with OWS on most issues. I'm curious what you're so angry about??

link   

Do you have wealth greater than $10 million? If not, than no one is against you.

Does the state pay your salary?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join