It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Attention Iowa ATSers...Did you see the Orange lighted UFO lastnight?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Ok I can't take it anymore. I've looked lastnight & this morning & I am coming up empty handed. I saw a UFO (remember unidentified, not necessarily alien) & I was not the only one (my co-worker saw the same thing). I was out trick or treating with my wife, our 2 friends, & out 5 kids in Cedar Rapids IA. There were hundreds of people out lastnight. It was 7:20pm CST, so it was pretty much completely dark. Anyways, we all see this orange light hovering above moving slightly slower than an airplane would. I thought chinese lantern as their was no sound (around that same time a plane came in that I could clearly see & hear). It slowly went East and then faded away. Ok no biggie. 10 minutes later I see the same thing, this time heading West. Ok so it's not a lantern (not a windy day at all and it's coming from the opposite direction). I overheard another group of people saying something about metorites but I was able to eliminate this theory as well with it coming back. Of course I got a nice camera but of course my wife forgets it at home (unlikely we would have taken it anyways on our walk) but I did get a pic with my crappy LG phone but it's useless. I know their are a few Iowa folks on here so wondering if anyone has an explanation about this.

Not a plane
Not a lantern IMO.
Not a helicopter.
Not a Meteor or shooting star.
Hot Air balloon? Not sure, can they be out at night? not ruling this out.
No Air Force bases in CR & not a whole lot of sightings in this area.

Did a google search & found this article that strongly resembles what I saw.

unitedstatesufo.blogspot.com...

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Well I'm not from Iowa, but I do know what your talking about. Honestly though it did look like a floating lantern IMO.

I say if you look high in the sky this would be it.
edit on 1-11-2011 by KySc5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Lanterns at low altitude over built up areas can change direction because of the heat emitted from the surroundings.

Im going with chinese lanterns given the description, height reference....flickering...and that it was halloween

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by KySc5

Ya I can't say I've ever seen lanterns before so I can't 100% rule it out. But they basically go the way of wind. So seeing the orange light come the opposite direction made me rule that out. Who knows though.

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by loves a conspiricy

Ah thanks for the information. Didn't know they could change direction. Damn...never thought I would be the one falling for the ole lantern trick but never know until it happens.

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Considering last night was Halloween I would think its nothing besides either a lantern or a normal light. Specially since it was orange.

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 02:59 PM
link   
I'm just not sure if it was a lantern. I'd like to see another one so I could clearly say "that's it right there". But the probability has gone up though.

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 02:59 PM
link   
I live in Iowa also. What town was this located as I live in Davenport

Sorry. Didn't notice you said Cedar Rapids. Ive seen a few low earth orbit UFOs. And they weren't satellites because of how often they stopped and changed direction.
edit on 1-11-2011 by jeenyus2008 because: Derr

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 03:01 PM
link   
UFOs are real ships that can give off a bright light.
Otherwise they have been seen flying low and slow.
A few times I would confider these ships being seen
on the ground.

new topics

top topics

join