It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Daaaaawg I have lost my job.......!!!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 01:13 PM
link   
I was only moaning about it on here a couple of days back about how much I hate it! Now it's turns out I am un-employed... I need income and rapid! Any ideas?

In a good way at least I am not spending every waking hour working but what am I going to do!!!?! I have already applied for a million positions but now I need a trillion positions! It's the worst feeling in the world not having a job..! The next dilemma is do I claim of the state?! I will use every last penny I have before I do that but until then all I can do is pray something will come up...?!

I seriously need a dollar...!

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Try and get you a job in an area where they are usually hiring. My last /worst case scenerio is to go work as a garbage man or janitor in some place. I am sorry you are out and underpressure as of now but those jobs may have something for you till you can reconnect with something a lil more your preference..

GOOD LUCK

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Kostas

Apply for your unemployment insurance. You're not really taking money from the state since your unemployment insurance comes out of your paycheck (while you were working), so, you're just getting money money back you sunk in.

Welcome to the growing minority. Watch as your opinions about everything change over time the longer you go without work. Free food at your local Occupy camp, FYI.

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Ophiuchus 13

On the contrary, trashmen are highly paid over here in the UK, £11.00 an hour or abouts. I wouldn't knock that career choice.

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Wolvo

Naw not knocking it at all Wolvo, I just know many wouldnt prefer those positions unless they had too thats all..

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Kostas

I can give you some fast ideas that can get you a bit of income til the tide turns and you find a job.

1.) Go through your crap. You're unemployed, so you got no excuse to avoid it!
Every time you see something you don't want, check it out on eBay or Craigslist. If you can sell it, do so. If not, you can donate it. Or if you have enough junk that cannot be sold online have a yard sale. I would advise not selling anything on eBay that will bring a price of less than $10. More than that, you're good.

2.) Anyone can scrap metal. You can get some info fast from a few places online. You can make a pile of anything you find around your own house, or you can troll at night for salvageable metals to scrap.

3.) There are online survey companies that will actually pay you cash, through Paypal. I don't want to link stuff here and look like I am promoting anything- but I have used one in the past to get through a rough patch and could do about 5 hours of surveys for $25 a week. That's $5 an hour so you need to really be desperate. If you can't find anything legitimate you can U2U me and I'll tell you the website I used.

4.) You could hook up with Associated Content or Textbroker and write articles for some quick cash. I have done this in the past to get over rough patches.

Good luck to you and I hope you find a new and improved job soon.

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by nineix

Hey I like the uninsurance idea that's good ALTHOUGH HOW NEGATIVE IS THAT COMMENT! All my options will change etc! I don't plan on being unemployed that long! I'll think of something!!!! Jeeeeeez lol! One guy on here messaged me suggesting TFL Username - wise or wiser? Teaching English abroad! I am seriously considering that!

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ameilia
reply to post by Kostas

I can give you some fast ideas that can get you a bit of income til the tide turns and you find a job.

1.) Go through your crap. You're unemployed, so you got no excuse to avoid it!
Every time you see something you don't want, check it out on eBay or Craigslist. If you can sell it, do so. If not, you can donate it. Or if you have enough junk that cannot be sold online have a yard sale. I would advise not selling anything on eBay that will bring a price of less than $10. More than that, you're good.

2.) Anyone can scrap metal. You can get some info fast from a few places online. You can make a pile of anything you find around your own house, or you can troll at night for salvageable metals to scrap.

3.) There are online survey companies that will actually pay you cash, through Paypal. I don't want to link stuff here and look like I am promoting anything- but I have used one in the past to get through a rough patch and could do about 5 hours of surveys for $25 a week. That's $5 an hour so you need to really be desperate. If you can't find anything legitimate you can U2U me and I'll tell you the website I used.

4.) You could hook up with Associated Content or Textbroker and write articles for some quick cash. I have done this in the past to get over rough patches.

Good luck to you and I hope you find a new and improved job soon.

Hey, there's some brilliant ideas there! Thanks for taking the time out to type that!! =) I may get the un-legit site of you in a few weeks lol Again thanks = )

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Sell trinkets on eBay !

Seriously, go to the closest dollar store you can find, stock up on the best seller they got and put them up on eBay for 3 to 4 times the price plus shipping !!!

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 01:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Kostas

Obviously the powers that be knew you hated your job.........

I am sorry you lost your job, it is never ever a good thing. Good luck. Stay positive!

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Is gardening a possibility?
It helped me out a muddle. Get some cheap business cards (I used Vista Print) and hand them out here and there. Trust me people will ring. Turn down the jobs you can't do but explain that you haven't got the right tools just yet as you've only started up. Sometimes the people are kind enough to offer work like weeding and cutting the grass. (if they have a mower) If you can handle working in all weather then go for it.
I would say more but i'm getting told off by the missus. (in the middle of eating my dinner)

edit on 1-11-2011 by SilentE because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Oh it wont get me down at all, there is people in this world who walk 5 miles for water... life isn't that bad (yet!). So I'll always be positive whilst things around me are accessible, I know the difference between materials and needs within life! The powers to be was to much of a power house for any of those staff to come on a site like this.... the mental capacity just didn't exist. Black and white and no colours in between!

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 02:14 PM
link   
I like the Gardening business... ALOT!...!!

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kostas
I like the Gardening business... ALOT!...!!

If you are interested in gardening I have another thing to offer. When doing a client's house, offer to repaint their curb address, both sides for $20.00. You can get the number stencils and the proper black and white (reflective) paint at your local home improvement store for less than $20.00. To place the stencils over their existing address and repaint takes about 5 minutes for each side of their driveway.

I do know someone who used to do this summers. He drove to the beginning of a block and knocked all the doors. Then back to the car and did it again. He made the bank. So you could either do that, or offer repainted curb addresses as an addition to your yard work or gardening services.

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Ameilia

Haha! I just watched that episode of The Simpsons!

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Kostas

If you're seriously considering teaching English abroad, then as you are in the UK (and I assume a UK citizen) you can work in other EU countries, usually with far less paperwork to reside & work than people from non-EU countries will need.

Just have a look around online and you'll find most EU countries have job openings for teachers. It will help if you have a degree in something and also will be good if you can commit to at least the end of the school year in 2012.

A good place to start looking for any sorts of jobs is via Epat websites in various countries. For example, here's Expats CZ which is one of the main places in the Czech Republic where expats looks for jobs (and jobs are offered), along with finding accommodation, buy and sell ads and so forth. It's all in English.

All the best with whatever you decide to do. Send me a U2U if you need more info or advice about living/working in my part of the world.

EDIT: re gardening... It's a good job. I've done it in the past, enjoyed it and made pretty good money. There are people who will happily pay you some cash to do some work in their gardens, just so they can say "I have a man who comes and does our garden every fortnight."

Mike

edit on 1/11/11 by JustMike because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by SilentE
reply to post by Ameilia

Haha! I just watched that episode of The Simpsons!

I have no idea which post of mine you are replying to, but none of my suggestions came from a television show.

Each suggestion presented I have done, except for painting curb addresses. I do know the person who did this though, and it was successful for him.

Then again, I am not sure if you are joking or not. I do know it doesn't help our original poster though!

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Seriously guys all this feedback has been amazing! Who knew you lot would have so much ideas to offer! I'm slightly drunk at the minute *using the job as an excuse hahahaha*. Tomorrow I might just get a plane ticket somewhere but tomoz I will defo look at the teaching abroad, gardening and such likes! (clearly not just getting a plane haha)

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kostas
reply to post by nineix

I don't plan on being unemployed that long! I'll think of something!!!!

That was my attitude when I lost my job about 2 years back. I ran my resume to every place I could think of in my profession and a few way below what I needed to survive. Nobody was interested in this economy. I was out of work for over 9 months before I fell into the job I have today.

Apply for Unemployment right away, it should have been the 1st thing you did the second they let you go. There is a two week waiting period in most states and that begins from the time you put in your application, NOT the time since you lost your job so time is of the essence.

Bills pile up fast and the sooner you get your unemployment benefits going the better.

Do not count on finding another job in this economy. If you find one, great but, be prepared for a long and frustrating search.
edit on 11/1/11 by FortAnthem because:

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 02:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Ameilia

It was a joke. I should of quoted you.
There's an episode of The Simpsons on at 6:00pm every night, monday through friday in England.
It just so happened to be the episode where Bart spray paints peoples numbers on the curb and then gets them to pay.
..... well it made me chuckle anyway...

edit on 1-11-2011 by SilentE because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join