It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stephen Colbert Hillarious Interview with OWS protesters-On Location

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 01:11 PM
link   
www.colbertnation.com... ephen-on-location

This is a great interview! Everytime I see or hear these protesters speak I am amazed at the level of their stupidity. I mean Im sorry but this is absolutely rediculous that these people speak for a movement they have absolutely no idea what they are even talking about, is this real or is this media propaganda just trying to make these people seem like idiots? Like I said it just seems like everytime I hear them speak it is just like this. Anyway, Stephen Colbert is the most hillarious person I think. Enjoy.
edit on 1-11-2011 by AllUrChips because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Sorry, I tried to embed the video, as you can see, I failed. Please click and watch though it will be well worth the laugh, trust me

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 01:21 PM
link   
reply to post by AllUrChips

Thank you for posting that, it made me laugh a lot this morning. I really needed it. Even though he's probably not serious about it, he made some good arguments.

Also, I really wonder if the protestors realize who he was dressed up as, (Che Geuverra) and what he stood for...

edit on 1-11-2011 by Veritas1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 01:23 PM
link   
LOL that was awesome. I don't watch Colbert as much as I should but that was good. I hope to god this isn't the type of people we got doing this protesting but I got a feeling that really is what we got.

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Trying to embed here
edit on 1-11-2011 by HawkeyeNation because: (no reason given)

Nope forget it...

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Hilarious! And note that they were SELECTED to speak to him by the "media committee." so no one can complain that the media has picked someone who didn't speak for the group.

Whenever I see video of the OWS people doing that hand stuff or chanting after the speaker, it looks absolutely bizarre to me. I can't imagine adults being willing to act that way...it seems very kindergarten.

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by GeorgiaGirl
Hilarious! And note that they were SELECTED to speak to him by the "media committee." so no one can complain that the media has picked someone who didn't speak for the group.

Whenever I see video of the OWS people doing that hand stuff or chanting after the speaker, it looks absolutely bizarre to me. I can't imagine adults being willing to act that way...it seems very kindergarten.

I know right? Thats what I mean EVERYTIME they seem like actors to me, but many dont believe my theory of this being a governmently contribed movement, oh well, at least we can laugh at this kind of stuff

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 01:29 PM
link   
you really have to stop and consider if this kind of thing can really be taken seriously and if it enhances credibility to the cause or not...

so, in honor of the hand signals, heres my consensus....

edit on 1-11-2011 by Veritas1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by HawkeyeNation
Trying to embed here

Nope forget it...

Thanks for trying, star for your effort thank you!

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Veritas1

Thanks for that post with the hand signals. Maybe the instructor could play Simon Says with them too. Or teach them how to count their 'little piggies'.

This may not be the case, but those people look like they probably smell bad.

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Is there a site that will allow a Canadian to view the video? Every place I go it says video unavailable, I guess since its linked to the colbert site and they don't want anyone outside the US using their bandwidth or something.

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by AllUrChips

I think it's hilarious when people like you laugh at something when the joke is on you. These two that were being interviewed were fine. They explained the mechanics of the movement and how they communicate on the street. Those esoteric things you guys are making fun of are no stranger than what they did at assemblies when the forefathers created this nation. And if you think they look weird, just remember that our nation was founded by weird slave owners that often dressed in drag and powdered wigs.

In any case, Stephen's character is the joke. He is laughing at people who don't get it. The fact that the butt of the joke often laughs at his humor is, to me, even more hilarious than his original content.

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cuervo
I think it's hilarious when people like you laugh at something when the joke is on you. These two that were being interviewed were fine. They explained the mechanics of the movement and how they communicate on the street. Those esoteric things you guys are making fun of are no stranger than what they did at assemblies when the forefathers created this nation. And if you think they look weird, just remember that our nation was founded by weird slave owners that often dressed in drag and powdered wigs.

Let's hope the "media committee" never wiggles their fingers and appoints you as any kind of representative. You're terrible with analogies. The whole notion of having to come up with all kinds of hand signals to communicate your message on the street is ludicrous. For thousands of years, if you have something to say and are able to communicate it well, you stand on a rock or a box and speak with your mouth. If you're not an idiot, people will shut up and listen. If you need more people to hear you, you get a little podium with an amplifier on it. That's how it's done.

The problem with OWS, apparently, is that nobody has anything noteworthy to say, or are able to communicate it well.

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 04:07 PM
link   
actually, Cuervo is right about the joke really being Steven's character. He's probably my favorite personality in television because of this. He knows how to use sarcasm and blunt criticism to show opposing view points to what is absurd. What is funny, is that people can take the interview seriously or jokingly and learn something more about character rather than content.

top topics

join