It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What if Nov. 9th is America's "Three Days of Darkness"?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Hello fellow ATSers old and new. Yesterday me and my friends had a interesting conversation about the Feds and their illegitimate powers that they used against the people. Along the lines of the conversation I mentioned how on Nov. 9th they were gonna shut off radio and TV broadcasts. While I was talking about it and how worried I was about it it hit me. I instantly thought of this as the "Three Days of Darkness" prophecy that people think will come to pass next year or even sooner than that.

So guys what do you think? Does this have a potential to be the so-called "Three Days of Darkness" in America?

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by KySc5

That would be so cool! Just make sure you have batteries.

Don't think it has anything to do with prophecies. Could be someone with a good sense of humor though!
edit on 1-11-2011 by Evolutionsend because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by KySc5
Hello fellow ATSers old and new. Yesterday me and my friends had a interesting conversation about the Feds and their illegitimate powers that they used against the people. Along the lines of the conversation I mentioned how on Nov. 9th they were gonna shut off radio and TV broadcasts. While I was talking about it and how worried I was about it it hit me. I instantly thought of this as the "Three Days of Darkness" prophecy that people think will come to pass next year or even sooner than that.

So guys what do you think? Does this have a potential to be the so-called "Three Days of Darkness" in America?

This is the first I have heard of the "Three Days of Darkness". Is this a Biblical prophesy or an ATS prophesy? Could someone provide a link?

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 12:28 PM
link   
How many prophecies have to go unfulfilled before people stop believing in prophecies?

That being said, I think your take on it - even though I think the prophecy itself is just nonsense - is the best I've heard. It actually makes sense. More importantly, it doesn't involve the comet whose name I refuse to invoke.

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 12:31 PM
link   
reply to post by UnaChispa

You can actually Google it. You'll find plenty of sites that explain it.

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by KySc5

Nope, not gonna happen. If they turn radios and tv off there will still be light from the sun, go figure. If tvs go down the moon will not turn red and there will be no 10 plagues on November 9th.

Besides the Catholic prophecy of "Three Days of Darkness" is not about America being dark, the scripture does metion Egypt in it but nothing about radios and tv going out, it's about the whole world being dark. Plagues, stars falling to the Earth, yada, yada all demons from hell will be released upon the Earth except one yada, yada not going to happen.
edit on 1-11-2011 by mileslong54 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 12:37 PM
link   
reply to post by mileslong54

I don't mean like a apocalyptic kind of scenario. When I said "Three Days of Darkness" I meant that seeing as radio and TV broadcast will be off, and possibly other forms of communications, we will be in a sense "gone dark". We won't know what is happening, we probably won't know what will happen in the time our communications will be shut down. This sounds like a perfect opportunity for some real shady stuff to occur. Wouldn't you agree?
edit on 1-11-2011 by KySc5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 12:39 PM
link   
reply to post by jtap66

I agree with the statement: How MANY prophecies have to utterly FAIL before people stop believing in them?

Someone please tell me there aren't any prophecies left after 12.2012.

Personally, in my opinion, I think the world would be a really nice place if all the Christians got rapture'd up. A world without Christians. Sounds quite lovely to me. Get rid of the other superstitions like Islam, Judaism, and any others that always wind up instigating, or being the center for bloodshed and intolerance, and this planet might actually have a chance for real peace.

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by nineix
reply to post by jtap66

I agree with the statement: How MANY prophecies have to utterly FAIL before people stop believing in them?

Someone please tell me there aren't any prophecies left after 12.2012.

Personally, in my opinion, I think the world would be a really nice place if all the Christians got rapture'd up. A world without Christians. Sounds quite lovely to me. Get rid of the other superstitions like Islam, Judaism, and any others that always wind up instigating, or being the center for bloodshed and intolerance, and this planet might actually have a chance for real peace.

Because that's where you stopped reading, there are prophecies that go into at least 100's of years from now. There's crazy people every where predicting what will happen and when.

here's an example www.thepropheticyears.com... m

Supposedly Jesus is coming back in 2030 now.

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 12:47 PM
link   
What a cruel world we live in with mw3 coming out the 8th if power was out on the 9th the world would b in some serious trouble it would bring every 13-26 year old male on the streets to protest Lol

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by KySc5

I don't mean like a apocalyptic kind of scenario. When I said "Three Days of Darkness" I meant that seeing as radio and TV broadcast will be off, and possibly other forms of communications, we will be in a sense "gone dark". We won't know what is happening, we probably won't know what will happen in the time our communications will be shut down. This sounds like a perfect opportunity for some real shady stuff to occur. Wouldn't you agree?

Oh ok, it's your own version of the "Three Days of Darkness." If radios, tv blah, blah went down in America this is not the "Three Days of Darkness" prophecy coming true. See this is why people believe in this crap of prophecies, they tweek it to try and fit it to what the prophecy says and freak out OMG the sky is falling!!!
edit on 1-11-2011 by mileslong54 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 12:56 PM
link   
reply to post by UnaChispa

Here is one of many sites that talks about the prophecy....

www.opusdeialert.com...

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Great. Just when I was thinking the festering boil of prophecy and prophets on the planet might finally be excised or just go away, if just never ends does it?

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by darkpassenger23
What a cruel world we live in with mw3 coming out the 8th if power was out on the 9th the world would b in some serious trouble it would bring every 13-26 year old male on the streets to protest Lol

Seriously, first there would be an Occupy MW3 and then a Occupy generators, awww crap no XBOX Live, Occupy Microsoft.

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by nineix

Great. Just when I was thinking the festering boil of prophecy and prophets on the planet might finally be excised or just go away, if just never ends does it?

You know I don't mind discussing a decent prophecy or prediction but this has no relation to the prophecy written in the title and thread "Three Days of Darkness."

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Just stand outside of everything that's happening and ask yourself the most logical thing. "If I had the power to control everything and my next goal was to seize power then wouldn't it be a good idea to engineer end times, the date, prophecies to suite my agenda? After all groups don't respond too consciously to fear" or something to that extent.

I believe this is an attempt, that will fail, for the united states to seize power and attempt to implement a world government. You can't butcher thousands of people and expect to get away with it. There is a turning point to people where they hit rage mode I've seen it happen. It appeals to the part of us that is deeply suppressed by society. It's a very dark side to us because of it.

Incidentally from all the listening and reading I have done on consciousness our part of the world needs a big bad event to charge their consciousness to a certain point that will cause a spontaneous change in the way we think and feel

top topics

join