It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Am I crazy because I don't take revenge?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Dear fellow members,

As the title of the thread says, am I crazy because I don't take revenge?
No one is perfect, neither am I. But I'm very sad and disappointed at the moment, at some moments I get really angry for the unnecessary suffering they caused for me and others. I don't want to go into detail but several people have caused me a lot of trouble, tried to destroy my life and someone did some real horrible things like animal cruelty against my pets. My rights have been violated as well. There is no justice for me because the police and other government departments don't care.

Yet I don't feel like taking revenge and I hope that they get punished for it some day at a higher level.

Am I crazy?

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 12:27 PM
link   
No it doesn't sound crazy to me. You have your reasons to not take revenge on anybody. But most people, including me, if somebody did something EXTREMELY horrible to them I would assume they want some kind of payback. That's just my two-cents on the case.

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Regenstorm
Dear fellow members,

No one is perfect, neither am I. But I'm very sad and disappointed at the moment, at some moments I get really angry for the unnecessary suffering they caused for me and others. I don't want to go into detail but several people have caused me a lot of trouble, tried to destroy my life and someone did some real horrible things like animal cruelty against my pets. My rights have been violated as well. There is no justice for me because the police and other government departments don't care.

Yet I don't feel like taking revenge and I hope that they get punished for it some day at a higher level.

Am I crazy?
I think you are what is called a "Good Person"

I'm exactly the same, I believe in karma and that whatever these people did against you will be "punished" at a higher level.

I take my hat off to you, you're a shining example of a "Good" Human Being"!

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Regenstorm

That's your conscience and morals kicking in. Congratulations, you're a human being.
I'm not the type to take revenge unless directly confronted either, but when it comes to your animals, take care of them. Someone tried to remove all of my dog's teeth with a pair of pliers when he got loose. He bit the guys fingers after he pulled one out, and gave the dude something to remember. Make sure your dog is ready to defend him/herself as well as you.

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Karma has an interesting way of working itself out. It lies with the perception of what you think it is.

Example.
Someone broke into my vehicle, stole some change. Smashed my glass, cost me $300.

That person needed my insignificant change, because their life, most likely, already sucks. Possibly addicted to drugs, starving, living on the streets, etc. Karma has already paid them a visit.

Someone asked me for spare change, the other day, and I said I didn't have any. (I did).

Karma....if you can perceive it.

Maybe, if I had given spare change out, when I had it, this wouldn't have happened. I doubt it, but...perception, right?

I don't think you are crazy. You aren't like them. And to lower yourself to their level, would make you no different.

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 12:43 PM
link   
I do not take revenge. I give it to God and He does it for me. Usually much better than I can. That way I can laugh at their misfortune with a clear conscious.

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 12:46 PM
link   
The best revenge, my friend, is this:

By living the best life you can. Living well is the best revenge. It always has been, always will be.

Just knowing you are a more evolved human being, who makes decisions based on higher thinking (and not instincts) is the best revenge.

Not going to jail or getting into any legal trouble is the best revenge.

They want you to get mad. The best thing you can do is not to get mad. Not letting other people bother you is hard, but it involves higher thinking.

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Short answer:

In the eyes of the world at large - yes. In the eyes of 'god' - no.

However, seeking punishment by a higher authority at some point in the future (while I consider it justifiable in the human sense and honestly do the same myself somewhat regularly) is antithetical to the teachings of the bible...as Christ taught, if we don't forgive that who have offended us, essentially meaning to wipe them clean of guilt in our view and consider them spotless, then neither will we be forgiven our offenses (a hard lesson, true, but helps us to remember we are never utterly upright and clean in ourselves, altogether).

Not sure if you're a believer along these lines, but that's the teaching. However, he did also teach that "With men, this is impossible, but with god anything is possible" - so take heart, live purely in love to follow the example, and leave the rest to him. As a child, friend, as a child.

Take care.

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Evolutionsend

Someone tried to remove all of my dog's teeth with a pair of pliers when he got loose. He bit the guys fingers after he pulled one out, and gave the dude something to remember. Make sure your dog is ready to defend him/herself as well as you.

Well if somebody did that to my dog, I would go break some bones. Nobody messes with my pets, they are part of the family.

You say "make sure your dog is ready to defend himself" im not training a killing machine here, its a friendly dog, good with kids. basset hounds are not the best killer dogs.

killer dogs are for men with a small ding dong, same goes with big cars and guns

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Karma is complete made up bs and morals are subjective, in the sense that they merely mirror the zeitgeist of today's western society.

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by AurelioMaghe
Karma is complete made up bs and morals are subjective, in the sense that they merely mirror the zeitgeist of today's western society.
Oh.. I didn't know that, I will change my whole life and way I think because you enlightened me, thanks for that!

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 01:16 PM
link   
The best revenge is forgiveness my friend. When you forgive, you take away the power of others to harm you.

Not seeking revenge is the first step, and is part of your divine nature.

Forgiving is the second step and it is the one you must make yourself.

With Love,

Your Brother

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by IAMIAM

I find it weird that someone can have this idea about things... what about in a really bad case scenario?? Now i am not picking on you, each to there own and all that its your choice. But would you say this if someone raped your wife before killing her and the same to your children... if you had any of course.

I would like to hear how you would feel about that mate. Now again i am not trying to be mean towards you just intrigued to see your answer.

.....If it was me? I would hunt the person down for the rest of my life until i found them i would beat them within an inch of there life, do unimaginable things that i wont go into to much detail about lol

I would then help them recover, a full recovery. And then do it all over again and again and again.... obviously meaning this in a worst case scenario.

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Vaxar

If I may jump on this...it's a hard thing, true, but one must also consider what it ultimately accomplishes in the end.

First things first, as I'm wont to say - the only sure thing about this life is that it ends. Rich, poor, weak, powerful, influential or ineffectual, the general flow is [Birth...'insert various details'...death]. MLK addressed my point well, speaking on the words of Christ:

“Why should we love our enemies? The first reason is fairly obvious. Returning hate for hate multiplies hate, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive our hate; only love can do that. Hate multiples hate, violence multiplies violence, and toughness multiples toughness in a descending spiral of destruction...

“Another reason why we must love our enemies is that hate scars the soul and distorts the personality. Mindful that hate is an evil and dangerous force, we too often think of what it does to the person hated, This is understandable, for hate brings irreparable damage to its victims….But there is another side that we must never overlook. Hate is just as injurious to the person who hates. Like an unchecked cancer, hate corrodes the personality and eats away its vital unity. Hate destroys a man’s sense of values and his objectivity. It causes him to describe the beautiful as ugly and the ugly as beautiful, and to confuse the true with the false and the false with the true.

“A third reason why we should love our enemies is that love is the only force capable of transforming an enemy into a friend. We never get rid of an enemy by meeting hate with hate; we get rid of an enemy by getting rid of enmity. By its very nature, hate destroys and tears down; by its very nature, love creates and builds up. Love transforms with redemptive power.”

I know few will find this a popular sentiment, and even fewer be able to actually live by it, but that makes it no less true. Hate and vengeance seem to be the natural states of this world, but what do they accomplish even in this life, and in realizing that this life inevitably ends regardless, how much less still do they accomplish.

Only love and forgiveness can transform this world and truly change things. We will never be able to hate or punish positive change into reality, as far as I can tell. Be well.

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 02:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Mister_Bit

You're welcome.
My name is Earl can be a little too convincing at times, happens to the best of us.

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Honestly, most people are not worth the time it would take to exact revenge on them. So, no, you are not crazy. Whatever, "injustice" you perceive, I'd say just let it go.

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 04:09 PM
link   
The easiest thing you can do is strike out, lash back and feed into your anger.

The hardest thing you can do is to forgive.

One of these will leave you with a rewarding and fulfilled sense of being, the other will leave you empty.
All we can do is chose and be responsible for ourselves.

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 07:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Vaxar

Yeah, it's difficult. But just listen to that clump of flesh that pumps your blood through your body.

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Regenstorm
Dear fellow members,

Am I crazy?

The best revenge is success! Although I would be pretty pissed if someone did something to any of my pets!

new topics

top topics

join