It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

European Poll: Israel Biggest Threat To World Peace

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 01:30 PM
link   
reply to post by AnIntellectualRedneck

Consider the source of the article. Of course they would pull that card. Would anyone expect differently?

reply to post by kushin

Tell that to whats left of Palestine sense 1943

Edit to say: Please don't get me wrong this is not a comment about the individuals of Israel only the countries practices.
edit on 1-11-2011 by Agarta because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 02:13 PM
link   
I think the US is the biggest threat to world peace.

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jepic

With Israel a close second.

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 02:26 PM
link   
As there are 27 member states of which there is great diversity from nations such as Spain to Lithuania. It would be interesting to see which 15 were polled and from which area.

As I am sure we are all aware you can make stats and polls state whatever you want.
For example taking 500 'opinions' from Birmingham in the UK or a Parisian suburb may have a drastically different view as say Geneva, Switzerland or Luxembourg.

Whoever wanted it to say what it does more than likely selected the area that was to be polled.

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by LestatG

If we were to do a real in depth study, you know what the results would yield.

This news was just a polite way of putting it.

edit on 1-11-2011 by Corruption Exposed because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jepic

I agree. Without US support Israel would be toast. So blame US for all the grief

Zionists both Jewish and Christian are dragging real Jews down and are the most anti semite scum on the planet.

More and more Jews are waking up to the fact they are being used once again.

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by bigyin

More and more Jews are waking up to the fact they are being used once again.

It is happening on a large scare, and it's a good thing.

A lot of the people who were quick to pull the Anti-Semie card a few years ago know better and will be the first in line to criticize Israeli war crimes. Progress is well on it's way!

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

You may very well be right, but you would be surprised to the numbers of the 'uninformed'. I am sure that if it were people like you and I discussing this subject then yes.

Did you see the site that was linked from the OP's source?
I know it is from the US but check out the poll on the site regarding Palestine being fully recognised and that may give an indicator.

Interesting thread to ponder on.

edit on 1/11/2011 by LestatG because: Changed from posters source to OP's source

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 02:52 PM
link   
The results of this poll are not surprising at all in my opinion. I think it's been apparent for quite some time that the mere existence of Israel poses a threat to stability in the Middle East, and by extension, other countries throughout the world that would likely be drawn into a broader military conflict in the region.

The fact of the matter is that there is still a strong sentiment that exists throughout the Middle East in particular, which supports the notion that the State Of Israel was established under false pretenses, and this is the root cause of the never ending cycle of violence that has plagued the region.

I strongly support Israel, and I believe any sovereign nation has the right to defend itself. However, I can also rationalize the sequence of events that have transpired since the inception of Israel in 1948 based on the geographic implications of the UN Partition Proposal.

The creation of a jewish state, in the biblical homeland of the ancient Israelites, to provide a safe haven for refugees following the Holocaust, in a region dominated by Islam, was destined to be mired in a perpetual state of conflict. Israel's right to exist was not accepted by the majority of neighboring countries in the region since day one.

Subsequently, Israel has faced a constant threat to it's existence. Israel has acted in self defence by responding to direct military aggression, Israel has been proactive in targeting military and nuclear installments of it's enemies, and Israel has responded to a litany of terrorist attacks on it's civilian population.

While many have criticized the actions of Israeli governments in the past as being excessive or disproportianate, Israel is also in a precarious position that is akin to a double edged sword. If the government does not respond, their citizens are at risk. If they do respond, enemy civilian casualties are practically assured because of the strategic placement of weaponry by terrorist regimes.

Furthermore, Israel cannot realistically negotiate a two state solution with Abbas and the PLO, because Hamas is opposed to the existence of a jewish state, within any borders at all, in accordance with their charter. Iran continues to actively fund terrorist regimes such as Hamas and Hezbollah, and publicly declared the intention to eliminate the "Zionist" entity from the region. However one chooses to interpret such a statement, it certainly does not endorse the peaceful existence of a jewish state under any pretenses.

Therefore, Palestinian terrorist groups will continue to launch rocket attacks on Israeli cities, Israeli civilians will continue to hide in bunkers when the air sirens sound, Israel will continue to launch retaliatory air strikes in Gaza, and Israel will continue to annex disputed land to deter further terrorist attacks from close range. The never ending cycle of violence will continue, with Israel suffering the brunt of the damage on the public relations front and Palestinians suffering the brunt of the casualties.

edit on 1-11-2011 by Humanity4Ever because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 02:52 PM
link   
I disagree in that america is the biggest threat to the world. Israel keeps playing games with its national security when it should have solved its problems decades ago. Palestinians and christians have just as much a right to live in israel as the jews do.

The whole issue revolves around fanatics of both sides wanting that area entirelly for themselves, with jerusalem being the main contention point since it is very holy for all the abrahamic religions. Israel can be secular or non-secular but the berlin wall needs to come down. Anyone that does not want to live in the new israel should leave and future developments of terrorism can be handled in a more conventional manner.

No need to seperate people according to religon.

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by LestatG

Could you please link to which sources you mean and perhaps quote the parts you would like me to focus on?

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   
The sad thing about these polls and peoples opinion is that...it doesnt matter, and they dont care, and never will care,the devil has captured alot of souls on this earth.

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Yes of course, it is the UN Palestinian Statehood poll

You can see it on the left, you are not going to be surprised however given the target audience. Just an example.

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Mainstream religion is a scam and all the people in high places already know this. Religion is based on extra-terrestrials called the elohim and nephelim. The elohim are nordics, pleadians, blondes and the nephelim are the greys and reptillians.

The reason we do not get ufo&alien disclosure is because "the elite" who run americas' military-industrial complex and get all the funding from the international bankers WANT everyone to continue arguing which religion is better, to start ww3 and depopulate earth of "useless eaters". The georgia guidestones and agenda 21 is proof! (east vs west, capitalism vs communism, etc)

That is all I will say for now and I do not care if people believe me or not!

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by LestatG

Yes of course, it is the UN Palestinian Statehood poll

You can see it on the left, you are not going to be surprised however given the target audience. Just an example.

I asked for quotes. You sent me on a wild goose chase. I want LInk and snippet. Don't be lazy.

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 03:30 PM
link   
wow, always the anti-semite BS
well you know what check this out

Arabs make up semitic population by a landslide
so that means that the israeli govt. is anti-semitic!

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 03:44 PM
link   

There are no quotes. All you have to do is click the referenced link from your source and there it is. Hardly a goose chase, I am not lazy nor am I arguing with you here, just pointing out a poll on a site that kind of backs what your point is.

edit on 1/11/2011 by LestatG because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 03:48 PM
link   
I'd have both agree and disagree.. I'd say the whole region is the greatest threat, not just Israel.

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Corruption Exposed
reply to post by Flyer

Iran is known to be very tolerant of diversity. Many Jews live happily in Iran. Israel does not want you to know this.

Yeah - the happy Jews are the 40k left from the 100,000 that used to live there...and now the Islamic Republic takes damned good care to ensure they are a useful propaganda too....except when they don't, or when they are appointing moslem administrators to Jewish schools nad requiring them to open on the Sabbath or executing them for spying for Israel

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aloysius the Gaul

Originally posted by Corruption Exposed
reply to post by Flyer

Iran is known to be very tolerant of diversity. Many Jews live happily in Iran. Israel does not want you to know this.

Yeah - the happy Jews are the 40k left from the 100,000 that used to live there...and now the Islamic Republic takes damned good care to ensure they are a useful propaganda too....except when they don't, or when they are appointing moslem administrators to Jewish schools nad requiring them to open on the Sabbath or executing them for spying for Israel

There are 25,000 Jews living in Iran. When Israel backed a plan to pay Iranian Jewish families $60,000 to settle in Israel, Society of Iranian Jews met the announcement with scorn, issuing this statement: "The identity of Iranian Jews is not tradable for any amount of money. Iranian Jews are among the most ancient Iranians. Iran's Jews love their Iranian identity and their culture, so threats and this immature political enticement will not achieve their aim of wiping out the identity of Iranian Jews."

I'm sure at least a few of them are happy.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join