It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Texas Sheriff's office receives weaponizable drone, alarms local news station

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 02:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Maxmars

Montgomery county really isn't that bad..i don't see why they would need this but no big deal..now if harris county got one..being as generally crooked as they are...I'd be a little worried and would say it's only a matter of time before one of the deputies there uses it to kill someone..i loathe Harris county....but the Montgomery deputies I've met are all in all pretty decent guys

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by johnnygamble
reply to post by Maxmars

Montgomery county really isn't that bad..i don't see why they would need this but no big deal..now if harris county got one..being as generally crooked as they are...I'd be a little worried and would say it's only a matter of time before one of the deputies there uses it to kill someone..i loathe Harris county....but the Montgomery deputies I've met are all in all pretty decent guys

That's a comforting endorsement. I don't doubt that the large majority of police understand exactly how to use these things to serve the community. It's the mentally atrophied hot-shot wannabes with ego fragility that worry me.... that and the emotionally damaged. But they are, thankfully, in the minority.... and frankly... that's not limited to law enforcement....

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 03:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Maxmars

actually as far as i can tell those types of officers are all in Harris county..that's where Houston is lol..i live about an hour south in Brazoria county..and i avoid Houston as much as possible

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrueAmerican
Three words:

Shoot...It.... DOWN.

The end.

I was going to say we need to stock up on these....

But I wonder if running a giant Tesla coil in the back yard would work, EMP field and all

edit on 1-11-2011 by zorgon because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by johnnygamble

I'm west of Houston. I think Harris County or Houston will have it before long. My county already has "black hawk" style helicopters. We were outside one day and one kept circling our house and actually turned and tipped nose down towards us.

Not sure what that was about unless they just wanted to jack with us.

Our county is less populated than Montgomery. Montgomery county is fast growing so it probably won't be long before they have some officers that aren't the "nice" guys they currently have.

Katy was the same way until they built the mall. Then they hired a lot of officers all at once and some are not very nice. They would fit into Houston quite well.

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Here's a simply way to think about this everyday conspiracy, I'll use one name but not the company names.

Tom Cruise.

It started with his infamous couch jumping on Oprah declaring his insane love for Kate Holmes, and then his subsequent weird interview with Matt Lauer where he proclaimed psychology was a pseudoscience and that Scientology had all the answers. From there he wouldn't shut up and the public lost interest in him.

What happened?

He fired his very powerful media relations agency the week before appearing on Oprah. He hired his sister to act as his media liaison.

Why does that matter?

That agency is known for its ability to craft personalities and control celebrities from harming their images. Remember each celebrity is a business. On the flip side this agency has many other celebrity personalities it represents. That's where it's power comes from - the ability to say to Oprah (yes, even Oprah) that if she doesn't do a re-shoot with Tom Cruise she'll never have access to Julie Roberts, Tom Hanks, Billy Crystal... you name it. That power extends to publishing as well too. If Oprah said, "no way, I'm airing this crazy Tom Cruise show for a ratings bonanza". Then this agency calls People, Star, Vogue, Maxim magazines and says, "if you publish any stories about the Oprah show, then we will cut off access to our entire celebrity roster. You'll never have Miley Cyrus on the cover of your magazine again."

That's how it works. Tom Cruise was always crazy, but he was a protected celebrity that shunned his protection and lost the popularity contest.

That's what's happening here - Wired Magazine was spoon fed this story and crafted it by design as a happy item that's good news for the people of Texas. If Wired Magazine said, "no." Well, the pentagon would say no more exclusives on our new technology - we'll go to Maxim Magazine will our breaking news.

It's not suppose to happen. And journalists and editors hate it. But their independence has eroded significantly as media empires have consolidated. FOX News is a product of this on the extreme scale, but all MSM lands in this trap.

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 03:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Jason88

So... what your saying is main stream media is manipulated?

Really?

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 03:41 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Yes. Giving a concrete example here since we know it's true, it's sometimes hard to demonstrate it though.

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 06:20 PM
link   
This is what 50 caliber rifles were made for.

If it were used only in high-speed pursuits, fine. But if armed with a bean-bag launcher and surveillance tech, it'll be abused. You better believe this thing should be shot out of the sky.

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 04:22 AM
link   
Nice HD video to peek into your bedroom

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 04:26 AM
link   
Hide behind the bushes and GO HUNTING for Drones! Seriously, there's really nothing upsetting about this, what goes up must come down! (Specially if it is unmanned)

Am I wrong in this?

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 04:33 AM
link   
Seeing the size of that thing, it should follow you in 'throwing range' of that craft. Otherwise the accuracy would drop greatly. So all you have to use is a steal cable with 2 'weights' at the ends (bolas) and trow it at the chopper. 100% guarentee it will bring the 'drone' down because it's tangled in it's main rotor.

example of a rope version.

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 04:39 AM
link   
No point in fighting technological progress. It is a matter of time before such police drones are common, IMHO. The article states that it will be unarmed, I hope it stays that way, tough. Or arm it with non-lethal weapons only.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join