It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ann Coulter On Herman Cain: 'Our Blacks Are So Much Better Than Their Blacks'

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 10:07 AM
link   
Ann Coulter On Herman Cain: 'Our Blacks Are So Much Better Than Their Blacks'

"Our blacks are so much better than their blacks," she said, speaking of Democrats. "To become a black Republican, you don't just roll into it. You're not going with the flow...and that's why we have very impressive blacks in the Republican party."

Coulter used the same line of thinking that Rush Limbaugh employed on his Monday show: that the article is part of a process to tear down a black Republican. "Liberals detest, detest, detest conservative blacks," she said. "...This is now the second time a conservative black has had outrageous and what appear to be false allegations leveled against him." (The first, in her view, was Clarence Thomas.)

Hannity said that, while he was not downplaying the seriousness of sexual harassment, he felt that everyday office banter was being misconstrued too often as inappropriate. "These people are humorless," he said.

Coulter brought things back to race, saying that some women had been quick to forgive Bill Clinton for his sexual transgressions, but were attacking Herman Cain. "If you are a conservative black, they will believe the most horrible sexualized fantasies of these uptight white feminists," she said.

Wow, she not only offends all blacks but labels anyone making a sexual harassment complaint against a 'conservative' black male an 'uptight white feminist'.

“They harangue blacks and tell them ‘you can’t be a Republican, you can’t be a Republican,’ it is so hard for a black to be a Republican,” and then complain when conservative events are mostly white-attended, Coulter argued. “Maybe you shouldn’t harangue them so much!” Coulter also told Hannity the source of why liberals “detest conservative blacks” is that “it is ironic in a cruel, vicious, horrible way… that civil rights laws were designed to protect blacks from Democrats,”

Wait, what?

“it is ironic in a cruel, vicious, horrible way… that civil rights laws were designed to protect blacks from Democrats"

She is full blown deranged, not to mention a very poor student of history. The civil rights laws were designed to protect blacks (or any ethnicity) from discrimination - at the time, that came mostly from southern whites who were indeed democrats, or "dixiecrats". But the democratic party was also the party that created and pushed the civil rights act that caused most of these dixiecrats to bolt for the other party - and so they became republicans. Nixon saw their disaffection for their own party over the civil rights act that he crafted his Southern Strategy;

In American politics, the Southern strategy refers to the Republican Party strategy of winning elections in Southern states by exploiting anti-African American racism and fears of lawlessness among Southern white voters and appealing to fears of growing federal power in social and economic matters (generally lumped under the concept of states rights). Though the "Solid South" had been a longtime Democratic Party stronghold due to the Democratic Party's defense of slavery prior to the American Civil War and segregation for a century thereafter, many white Southern Democrats stopped supporting the party following the civil rights plank of the Democratic campaign in 1948 (triggering the Dixicrats), the African-American Civil Rights Movement, the passage of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 and Voting Rights Act of 1965, and desegregation.

The strategy was first adopted under future Republican President Richard Nixon in the late 1960s.[1] The strategy was successful in some regards. It contributed to the electoral realignment of Southern states to the Republican Party, but at the expense of losing more than 90 percent of black voters to the Democratic Party. As the 20th century came to a close, the Republican Party began trying to appeal again to black voters, though with little success.[1] During the 2000s decade, Republican National Committee Chairman Ken Mehlman formally apologized for his party's use of the Southern Strategy in the previous century. (from source)

What she is really saying is: “it is ironic in a cruel, vicious, horrible way… that civil rights laws were designed to protect blacks from southern white voters" - offensive?

"Our blacks are better than their blacks..."

"If you are a conservative black, they will believe the most horrible sexualized fantasies of these uptight white feminists..."

Ann Coulter - confirming why most people view the Republican Party as racist.

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 10:11 AM
link   
She'll say anything to get her mug in front of the television cameras, and her name on the tongues of the media. She has nothing to contribute to any intelligent dialogue. She's a leech on society.

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 10:12 AM
link   
And you don't find it racist that black conservatives are attacked non-stop?

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 10:19 AM
link   
reply to post by jjkenobi

Clarence Thomas was accused of sexual misconduct by his former staffer Anita Hill.
Herman Cain paid two employees a settlement over their complains of sexual harassment.

Only deluded GOPers would see this as an attack on conservative African Americans. Cain went into the debates knowing he had baggage. Don't blame others for your candidates past indiscretions.

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 10:23 AM
link   
I don't know why the general public pays attention to these so-called "talking heads". Conservative or Liberal. The only reason they get a paycheck is because someone is cheering them on from their couch.

If we just ignored them, they would go away. And have to fight with rest of us for a job at McDONALD'S or Wal-Mart.

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 10:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Blackmarketeer

"Our blacks are so much better than their blacks," she said

"Our blacks"???? How many do you own Ann? Can someone send Ann Coulter the legal documentation - all of it - for civil rights please. Or maybe we should just send Al Sharpton a copy of the quote and watch him do the rest for us. Ann, Ann, Ann...

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 10:33 AM
link   

I'll be honest here, I can't see a single good thing about republicans. Why do they even exist? Do these people really believe the crap that they claim to stand for? I always thought of a republican as a democrat that was trying to buy their way to office, because they fail at politics and know it.

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 10:38 AM
link   
Is a loon like Coulter bringing up race any different from a loon like Garofalo claiming the only reason anyone in the world is sad is because there's a black man in the white house?

Idiots do idiotic things.

And those who don't believe themselves to be of the idiot class waste hours and days contemplating the words of idiots. How idiotic is that?

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 10:40 AM
link   
reply to post by jjkenobi

Wait... Are they being attacked for being black = not good.

Or are they being attacked for being conservative = permissible.

Or are you saying that Black Conservatives be given a free pass on any and all positions they take? = moronic

Or are you playing the race card because it suits your agenda? = self serving - you ought to be ashamed if that is the case.

So we are left with the question; "What are you saying here?

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 10:51 AM
link   
I want to say "Wait, what?" on some of these post's..sheesh.

Didn't repubs actually wind up passing the civil rights act?

Whatever ya'll I DON"T CARE!

We need a constitutionalist that will set the law (debt, personal and gov.) right, so that 200 years from now,

mine and your grandkids can sit here on this same forum and argue whether repubs are right or demo's are left

See what I mean?

My grandad rbnhd was right! UHUHH! MY grandad was right! Oh well, we're still here to argue about it.

Might want to watch what you say..posterity will be our judge. If we don't civil war ourselves to a point the

Chinese row over on paddle boats to take over. Please be very careful of the beliefs you espouse.

---And also I -am- guilty of the same things----- but I'm trying to get past that.

edit on 1-11-2011 by rbnhd76 because: I AM GUILTY

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 10:52 AM
link   

'Our Blacks Are So Much Better Than Their Blacks'

She is flat out stating that "their" blacks are just token blacks.

Conservatives have a very odd view of race issues in America...and the stupid thing is that they think minoriites are dumb enough to believe their idiotic spin on race issues.

I guess they haven't looked at the voting records of minorities lately.

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 10:54 AM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

Is a loon like Coulter bringing up race any different from a loon like Garofalo claiming the only reason anyone in the world is sad is because there's a black man in the white house?

Ann Coulter has a prominent talking position on Fox News and she along with her cohorts at Fox set the discourse for the public. Fox News is a GOP mouthpiece, it's ran by Ailes, Rove, Murdoch, etc and sets the tone for the GOP as well as all Republicans.

So what Coulter says is very telling about the GOP and far more prominent than what a small-time has-been celebrity says. Not that that makes anything a Gerafalo says any less idiotic, just far less prominent.

But what Coulter says "Our blacks are better that your blacks" is outright disgusting, she should be fired for such a comment.

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher

'Our Blacks Are So Much Better Than Their Blacks'

She is flat out stating that "their" blacks are just token blacks.

I think she was trying to say exactly the opposite, that in order for a black to be conservative, they have to go against the status quo, all their family, all their friends. And -in her opinion- conservatism is right, so therefore it is a good thing that he came over to the right side.

Originally posted by OutKast SearcherI guess they haven't looked at the voting records of minorities lately.

THAT my friend is the point! It is hard for a person of color to even look at conservatism from an --objective-- view point!

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by jjkenobi

Only if the attacks were on "conservative blacks" in general.

When they are "attacks" (which really mean holding people accountable for their actions and words) on individuals, then no.

Just like everyone pointing out that Sarah Palin is a complete idiot isn't sexist. Pointing out Herman Cain's faults and past misconduct is not racist.

Looking at Romney's past record on health care reform and comparing it to his contradictory stance now isn't hating on Mormons.

Pointing out that Bachmann is an idiot for wanting to never raise the debt ceiling doesn't mean we dislike women.

Disagreeing with Newt Gingrich and pointing out how disgusting it is that he left his wife with cancer doesn't mean we hate all old white men.

And thinking every idea that comes out of Rick Perry is so dumb we think he is joking doesn't mean we hold any negativity towards those that are mentally handicapped.

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 11:04 AM
link   
reply to post by rbnhd76

In other words they have to support that which doesn't support their own people. They're using the statement as a tactic to make Obama look bad. Or saying, it's okay to vote Cain because he loves you more than the white conservatives, just vote Cain, he's a boot licker too.

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Evolutionsend

I'll be honest here, I can't see a single good thing about republicans. Why do they even exist? Do these people really believe the crap that they claim to stand for? I always thought of a republican as a democrat that was trying to buy their way to office, because they fail at politics and know it.

We live in a crazy plutocracy either way. Dem or rep. But I always find this quote to be funny.
"There are two types of Republicans, millionaires and suckers."
Judging by their voting pattern in congress, this tends to be legit.

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Ann Coulter is ridiculously ignorant. She has proven it time and time again. Why give her net time, much less air time? My energy is deserved in much better places.

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 11:06 AM
link   
reply to post by the owlbear

I support that statement. Sounds like they're making sure everyone knows that Cain is a sucker, or is he?

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Liberals amuse me.

When a kid gets raised as a Christian, ya'll want to cry foul, cry indoctrination.

When a minority gets suckered -my opinion- in to a certain party (democratic) ALL IS WELL

Get past it guys. Grow up. BE OBJECTIVE Question ALL your beliefs. Question MY beliefs.

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 11:10 AM
link   
reply to post by rbnhd76

Wikipedia Civil Rights Act of 1964

Yes and no - called for by Kennedy, then Johnson, it was passed but had to overcome resistance by Southern White legislators (Byrd, Thurmon, etc) passage of the Civil Rights Act is what led to many white southern voters to defect to the GOP. It's also why the GOP today is a pale ghost of the GOP of yesterday - the once-champion of civil liberties (circa the civil war) is now a bastion of rhetoric to remove civil rights laws and impede equality. The most incendiary talk is coming from the Southern GOP.

Here's how the vote for the Civil Rights Act broke down:

Note: "Southern", as used in this section, refers to members of Congress from the eleven states that made up the Confederate States of America in the American Civil War. "Northern" refers to members from the other 39 states, regardless of the geographic location of those states.

The original House version:

-Southern Democrats: 7–87 (7%–93%)
-Southern Republicans: 0–10 (0%–100%)

-Northern Democrats: 145-9 (94%–6%)
-Northern Republicans: 138-24 (85%–15%)

The Senate version:

-Southern Democrats: 1–20 (5%–95%)
-Southern Republicans: 0–1 (0%–100%)
-Northern Democrats: 45-1 (98%–2%)
-Northern Republicans: 27-5 (84%–16%)

So 0% of Southern Republicans voted for it. And only 7%-5% of Southern Dems voted for it.
Compared to Northern Repubs (85%-84%) and Northern Dems (94%-98%).

The problem with racism in each party isn't with Dems or Repubs - let's face it, it's with Southern Whites.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join