It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What was Cloverfield?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 09:05 AM
link   
i didnt know it was a jj abrams film but what i do know is he wont make the sequel to this, hes over that.
is it me or are all his films filled with lens flares. star trek, Mission impossible 3, etc.

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by mandroids
I like the film and thought it was an interesting update on the Godzilla films, but it annoys me that I never found out what it was?

Was it from our ocean? Was it the thing that dropped into the ocean? Why wouldn’t it die!! Was it a baby?

Any opinions on this?

It was a baby searching for its mother after being awakened by the satellite that crashed into the ocean at the end as well as deep sea drilling for an ingredient found naturally that was used in the fictional drink "Slusho!" (of which company it's hinted that Rob was going to Japan to work for as Vice President)

It wouldn't die because apparently the Russian they meet in the alleyway (when Hud says "I'm sorry, I don't know what you're saying" before continuing) says something about it being a god or something from his childhood myths that can't be destroyed by fire.

Sorry I don't have more details, been a few years since I read up about the movie but that's what the extra features on the dvd, the film makers and other material said about it.

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by listerofsmeg
i didnt know it was a jj abrams film but what i do know is he wont make the sequel to this, hes over that.
is it me or are all his films filled with lens flares. star trek, Mission impossible 3, etc.

He and Matt Reeves have been asked since it was made and released in 2008/2009 but while they both say they'd love to do a sequel if they could do it justice and had the time, I'm not holding out hope yet.

Hope they make one though, Cloverfield's in my all time favourite movies list.

Oh and to add, in the military credits at the beginning of the movie (with the "Case designated 'Cloverfield' formerly known as Central Park"), the logo from Lost flickers on screen for a few seconds, the company that had the number stations?

Can't say I ever watched Lost but I do remember reading and comparing a while back.
edit on 2/11/2011 by curious7 because: (no reason given)

<< 1   >>

join