It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

any tattoo lovers here? show your ink...

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by blackmetalmist

yeah. i only let artists who are friends work on me. so..they have complete control. the growing monster on my leg...will never be done. he'll work on it every time he sees me (couple times a year...he's a wanderer and train hops across the country all year long).

my chest piece...another buddy said "hey...i wanna do your chest". i said ok. didn't even ask what he wanted to do. but that's why i only allow trusted friends and artists to work on me. they are into metaphysics/psychedelia/spirituality and other weird stuff just like me so "whatever they wanna do" is usually something i like.

if they are a true artist, they will have a lot more fun doing what they want, ultimately rendering a better finished product. i'm a writer so i understand the artists mind. plus, it's a very personal connection you can have with someone to just say "hey...here's my chest/leg/back (or other huge, important area of my body)...do whatever you want to it". you have to trust them and in doing so, you bond. now...3 of the guys who do most of my work have become 3 of my dearest friends. love them boys with all my heart.

when you're really in it for the art...you become the art and just let go. i always swore i would NEVER do my hands. well...i started on them last week.
because i'm a writer...i got a psychedelic looking quill, getting it's message from above (hit by lightning) and spreading love (hence the rainbow ink coming from the quill)

whether it's my design/thought or complete free reign of the artist...all of my work has personal meaning. that's how it should be. if you're looking for meaningful work...find an artist who's got a style you like and get to know them as a friend. hang out. and then trust them. but make sure they're a real artist first...or you'll end up with regrets...

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 06:58 AM
link   
I love your ink!. the colors are beautiful and I really like the symbolism, the thought behind it all. very creative

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 10:01 AM
link   
here's a size reference

alien staring a hole through a sundial (i'm obsessed with time)
(that's a scene of eve eating the apple with the serpent popping out from behind her that you can barely see)

and here's my 2 jesus pieces (on same sleeve with the first 2 aliens)

yeah...there's just something about jesus and aliens that i agree with...

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Some very nice work there.

Here is one of mine.

I could do with another one too.

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 01:11 PM
link   
nice. i actually thought about going with a nice big tiger somewhere, too, but my artist wasn't feeling it. and from what i've learned...if an artist isn't "feeling" your idea...you may not want him to do that idea. but that is sweet bro!

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 05:26 PM
link   
That's some bad ass ink Brother. You have more patience than I do.

Here is the one I have uploaded.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/e1b2855ffde2.jpg[/atsimg]

I have a rather plain Scorpion on the opposite arm. More will be added later, but for now, I just don't have the patience.

Cool thread idea!

With Love,

Your Brother

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 03:43 AM
link   
2 of my 4 tats

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 10:10 AM
link   
This one is on my right fore arm. Owls are my favorite animal, and I just wanted to portray that. It's pretty bold being mostly black, but I get tons of comments on it every time I go out somewhere.

This is my oldest son's name on my left sholder. It was my first and I should have found a better artist. I am going to be adding two more names to it, and have it fixed up a little.

I want more, but money is the key.

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 05:56 PM
link   
reply to post by lilowl53

nice. like the owl! that is very bold, indeed!

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 07:13 PM
link   
Ok, so heres one I posted awhile back in the member picture thread. that's an overall view of my arm (The pictures i've got are from 2003 onwards, so some are crap quality) - I suggest you just view them as they are, thumbnail size - the original iphone ones are HUGE and awful looking.

Part of my sleeve (Based on my late grandmother)

Personal one for a friend. NEVER GET TATTOOS WITH FRIENDS/PARTNERS. Kiss.of.death.

Obviously the other hand says 'loose lips'

Feet

Top of the sleeve - we are leaving the vines as negative space and shading in probably not until next tax season.

My FIRST & FAVOURITE.

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 09:57 PM
link   
Here is mine. Got it in Singapore many years ago. It definately needs a touch up.

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 12:07 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 06:24 AM
link   
I know what you mean,

I got two full sleeves and both legs shin and calf done.

People stare all the time. Some tell me wow great work, Love your Tats and ask question about getting one for themselves.

Or you get the angry stare and how could you do that to yourself, that's disgraceful and some start some rant about god and religion and how i worship Satan and nonsense like that.

And some people say how scary i look and was i in prison. and my answer thanks i like looking scary it keeps most people away from me and no never even been arrested but the Tats go with my Job as a musician.

And we people ask why, i tell them its personal and they are for me not you. they have meaning to me and don't you wear or have something on your body that has meaning to you ? but some people just can't get it and need something to hate or ridicule.

But for the most part i don't even notice anymore that people are staring.

I don't see what tats and piercing have to do with the way you perform a job or anything else for that matter.

yeah sure there are some stereo types with them but just as many people with out them that fall into the same category.

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 06:41 AM
link   
here's some of my gf's work

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 06:54 AM
link   
reply to post by ICEKOHLD

Your back tattoo is just sick :| s&f

Sadly i don't have tattoos but i have piercings and fleash tunnels

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 03:57 PM
link   
just got my neck started. it's an alienistic owl. the artist turned my collar bone into a branch. gonna be sooo dope when the color hits it next month.

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 03:58 PM
link   
right hand

edit on 3/26/12 by ICEKOHLD because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 09:23 AM
link   
Awesome tattoos. I've been planning to get one on my shoulder for a while now but couldn't find the right one.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 09:29 AM
link   
Here is a little grey scale piece on my back...

...many more tattoos...but don't really have any decent pictures to post of them!

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 10:36 AM
link   
I shall spare you all the sight of my right buttock, but it's got a dragon on it.
Got a huge black tribal bat across the bottom of my back but to photograph that would also entail showing bumcrack, so I'll leave it there..

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join