It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

any tattoo lovers here? show your ink...

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 08:36 AM
link   
ok. i am an avid ink junkie, as you will find out. both arms sleeved, full back piece, chest piece, both legs nearly full below the knees. hopping on my hands now.

for those with a similar addiction, i'm sure you wanna show your ink off. for those who aren't inked up...you can still appreciate the art, i'm sure, or you wouldn't be reading this.

so...i'll start it off with my back piece. i'll slowly add my own pics as others add their so as not to flood the thread with just my ink (cuz i have a lot). so here's my back.

it's the see no evil/say no evil/hear no evil monkeys all rolled into one gorilla. with the sands of time in one hand, a leaf/branch in one hand to represent Gaea and him exploring his opposable thumb. third eye wide open.

edit on 11/1/11 by ICEKOHLD because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 08:39 AM
link   
Cool back piece, but you realize that about a million crazies are about to accuse you of some affiliation with the so called Illuminati?

You got the eye, the pyramid.. I'm sure there are other symbols there that someone crazier than myself can point out. You're trying to brainwash us with your back!

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 08:44 AM
link   
reply to post by TinkerHaus

awesome. i don't really care what they accuse me of. what re they gonna do? shot spit wads at me? not let me sit at the kool kids table?

it's meant to be more spiritual/psychedelic than to show off my masonic affiliations (wait...did just let that slip? oops...now they are gonna know that i'm one of the elite)...

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 08:52 AM
link   
reply to post by ICEKOHLD

You don't care, and I don't think you should. At all.

I was just kind of making a little joke about how people are here on ATS.. One triangle on TV and it's a huuuuge conspiracy!

How old is that back piece, by the way? It's still really colorful, looks like it was done last week! (I have a tribal sun on my left shoulder that somehow has managed to look brand new even after 13ish years.)

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 09:00 AM
link   
Cool tatts!!

I havent currently go ink on me, but im looking to treat my self for Christmas with something along the lines of what you have.

Im looking to get the Pyramid, all seeing eye (rolling around) and some text basically saying how much of a #ed up paradox we currently live in. . . Or i may just get the all seeing eye, just to show im aware, and not blind to whats happening around me

I was actually thinking of getting Above Top Secret above my front pant line
, but i thought hard n long and realized i would regret it lol.
edit on 1-11-2011 by n00bUK because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 09:08 AM
link   
reply to post by TinkerHaus

it's about a year old.

here's another. my chest piece. the artist had to up and move so it's not finished (thankfully he'll be back around soon). one more sitting just to touch up the sun rays with yellow and decorate the eyebrows. it's a kapala skull ( kapala skull-wiki)

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 09:10 AM
link   
Beautiful Tattoo!
I currently have: Tribal infinity symbol in the upper middle of my back, a witch hat on my left shoulder blade, the triple moon symbol with my sons names on my lower right back and a poison dart frog on the top of my right foot. He was the most painful of them all.

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 09:16 AM
link   

Having a close friend that is also a tattoo artist is a scary proposition for someone like me. for my first piece I went a little crazy. It's a sleeve around most of my calf, nice montage of different nintendo characters, and 1 sega character wrapping around the leg. It's actually not complete yet, I'm in for about 20+ hours now and need probably another hour or two to complete the coloring on a few pieces and some touch ups. Eventually I'm going to wrap around the back as well with more characters, I'd like to slip a minecraft character in there and then some futurama + simpsons mashups.

I'd post a pic but image uploads are disabled and I can't hit any hosting sites from work. I'll try to get some uploaded tonight.

Hey, who knows, maybe ATS can help me decide on the next addition.

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 09:19 AM
link   
I am currently thinking of going for a tattoo of Ramesses II.

I got this one done a few years ago, on my left forearm pointing to my hand.

I also have an atom with the three stars of Orion positioned in the middle of it, other forearm.

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 09:20 AM
link   
reply to post by phishyblankwaters

awesome. love to see it. i've got 39 hours of tattooing on my back and 12 hours drawing. and like you...my artists are my friends. i've got 4 close friends who've done 80% of my work. half of my work was their choice. i was just like _hey...i wanna get inked. got any ideas you wanna do?" you'll see as this thread progresses. lotta "weird" SNIP in my skin. or...i just tell my buddy some vague idea i've been pondering for some time and let them illustrate it however they feel.

i find that the more freedom the artist has, the better the work looks. and i mean...if they are truly called to be an artist...they will be able to feel out your message and put it into ink.

looking forward to your pics and hoping others will join in on this.

thanks.

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 09:38 AM
link   
That's a great backpiece! I love tattoo's. I got three tatt's myself: a butterfly on my back ( represents a friend who passed away ). On my left inner wrist I'v got the Initial of my daughter's name with a hibiscus and an old tribal on my right ankle that is fading which is the intention so i can do somwthing new with/to it.

I aspire to be a tattoo artist. I've been lucky to have the chance to put about 10 tattoo's by now. and I must say it's going pretty well ( so they say ). I wish on every star to have someone with more experience to take me under his/her wing so I can grow faster as an artist. And for those who like to crap on tattoo-newbies like me: whatever! Each artist was a newbie at the beginning

I love tattooing... wish I'll get to do it every day!

I'll get new ink on me as soon as I can

edit on 18/10/2011 by Lykantroph11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 09:39 AM
link   
Never felt the need here to prove to my daddy that I was a real man!
So, I gots no ink.
I do think that Tat's on a woman are trashy though.
I don't mind a strong woman, but I do not want a hardened Marine style woman.
Tat pretty much sums it up.

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 10:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Lykantroph11

exactly. everyone has to crawl before they walk. there is a rule: never apprentice where you plan to work. why? cuz...you don't want people to know you as the person who did kinda crappy for a couple months and then just got ok. everyone stumbles at first. keep it up. if it's your calling...there's no way you'll fail.

personally i believe that over half the people who tattoo are not tattoo artists. they are just people who can draw and tattoo. i am not an artist so i'm not even trying to sound condescending, like i'm better than everyone. nope. i'm just a collector. but i know for certain that the majority of people don't have the true calling in them...they only have the desire.

so...keep it up. if it's in you, it's in you. if it's not...you'll end up like the rest. either way...follow your heart. good luck!

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 10:59 AM
link   
Dame it OP! that goes to show you either take your tats seriously or don't get any. Me personally got four want more but its an expensive habit and for those of you who don't get it. If the body is sacred then a tattoo is just a
stain-glass window to only be done by a master craftsman.

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 11:13 AM
link   
I would post but than someone would accuse me of being Illuminati or a victim of it's rituals etc..More like I was a victim of a huge margarita!

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 11:23 AM
link   
reply to post by bakedbluedevil

yes bro! i take my ink seriously. i'll keep posting more and more pics of the next couple days and you'll see. i have quality art. no homeboy's basement or panama city work on me. all of my work is high quality and has meaning. my body is very sacred to me so only meaningful art of high quality is allowed on it. anything less would be a disrespect, i feel.

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 11:25 AM
link   
reply to post by outandopen

so. who cares if anyone accuses you of anything??? you know in your heart what you are and aren't so forget what others say. live your life...don't live their expectations...

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 12:21 PM
link   

LOVE IT ! I wish i had the courage to do something like that. I always wanted to get some type of cyborg art on my arms. Preferably sleeved
However, i dont think that will ever come to be in this lifetime. I just love looking at them and shows like NYInk and LAInk.

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 12:35 PM
link   
reply to post by blackmetalmist

while i don't have any cyborg sleeves...i do have 2 aliens on one arm

and on one leg, i have some crazy kinda biomechanical/organic creature crawling out of my ego death

and here's a better pic of the ego death

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Sick ! Im digging the one on your leg. Are you planning to add more stuff around it or just leave it ? I knew someone who got a bunch of tattoos and his artist would tell him "no, youre not done yet, we need to add more" and so he did.
every single time.
edit on 1-11-2011 by blackmetalmist because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join