It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cannibalism during a SHTF scenario - would you eat or die?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 12:41 AM
link   
Eat or Die?

Most of you would do both; and in that order.

I wouldn't make a meal of just anyone. Only the hot chicks.

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 12:42 AM
link   
No offense to the OP.... But what a gross thread.... Probably needs to be asked though.

No... Would rather starve. Yes, it may be excruiciating... but it's better than living with the thought that I ate someone.
Besides, death is not so bad if you know where you are going. Only God and Christians have this assurance.

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 12:44 AM
link   
reply to post by br0ker

If you haven't seen it, watch the movie "The Road" and you'll have a better idea of how you'll really feel on this topic if the shtf.

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 12:55 AM
link   
...so all the multitude of food that exists all around me in the forests, rivers, sea and so forth is no longer an option??

In my country we are surrounded by a veritable supermarket of foodstuffs...its just not prettily packaged and air-tight wrapped...

BUT - if, for some reason, every other edible substance just happened to up and vanish or become no longer so...then I'd likely take my rifle and put one in my own head before I chow down on someone elses...

Then again, like any scenario - its one of those things you don't know until you know...you know...

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 01:41 AM
link   
reply to post by br0ker

Food is relative. If humans exist, and some sort of society is there, there will be food. cannibalism never goes beyond cut off individuals, crazies, and cut off places.

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 01:44 AM
link   
I don't know hey... Humans are probably the "dirtiest" meat you could get. We eat all sorts of crap.
It's kinda like Jews that don't eat pork because it is unclean, from what it eats.

I don't think it would be safe to eat a human. You never know whats in them- they could be a smoker, like me.

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 02:03 AM
link   
...as said Bill the Cat.

AHKkkkkkkkk!

Couldn't do it... and the human flesh of 100 years ago isn't like the human flesh of today.

Americans are PROFOUNDLY toxic... much of the rest of the civilized west, as well. The kind of scenario, that would leave nothing but humans to eat would be scorched earth, or dead of winter. Cannibalism would be the refuge of the poorly prepared and those with no skills or ingenuity.

If things were ever bad enough that that was ALL there was to eat, there would be little left to stay alive for. I could see someone who is presently of the mind set that "meat" is the main food group, have trouble with figuring out how to eat. There's far more than meat to eat, unless someone is trapped in the concrete jungle.

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 02:21 AM
link   
I have never been close to starvation so I'm not sure how I would act in a delirious and desperate state of mind. I'd like to think that I would do the honorable thing and kill myself but who knows.

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 02:28 AM
link   
now that we know that most of us will eat lets talk about how cook it .I say
30 mins per pound, plus another half hour to crisp up the skin - nice crackling, don't forget to shave all hair off -

edit on 2-11-2011 by suddentlyawake because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 03:25 AM
link   
reply to post by br0ker

I think it's against human nature to kill. To personally take a life is a harrowing experience, ask any soldier. These guys know it was their job and were following orders yet the experience is something that leaves a stain on the soul they take to the grave. It is not an easy thing to do, even if someone were driven by starvation they would exhaust every possible option and then probably still choose malnutrition to cannibalism. Why do you think the military has developed missile weapons, to depersonalize the murder and kill from a distance? Up close an personal killing requires a special kind of personality that is the staple of career assassins and serial killers. For the rest of us, we would be more likely to pool our resources and or skills to either grow our own or gather our own edible flora and fauna should the SHTF.
Well, that's how we do it in this neck of the woods.
Cheers

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 03:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by MollyStewart
reply to post by br0ker

I think it's against human nature to kill. To personally take a life is a harrowing experience, ask any soldier. These guys know it was their job and were following orders yet the experience is something that leaves a stain on the soul they take to the grave. It is not an easy thing to do, even if someone were driven by starvation they would exhaust every possible option and then probably still choose malnutrition to cannibalism. Why do you think the military has developed missile weapons, to depersonalize the murder and kill from a distance? Up close an personal killing requires a special kind of personality that is the staple of career assassins and serial killers. For the rest of us, we would be more likely to pool our resources and or skills to either grow our own or gather our own edible flora and fauna should the SHTF.
Well, that's how we do it in this neck of the woods.
Cheers

The military developed missiles not because they care what the soldiers think and handle, that is for the psych wards to deal with and they get evaluated after every tour/mission.

It has been developed to keep casualties to a minimum within the local military.

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 03:52 AM
link   
only if i had a bottle of "sauce is the boss" bbq sauce....
or some lemon and tapatio.

i think you would have to be in that situation to know if you would really do it or not.
edit on 2-11-2011 by OUTofSTEPwithTHEworld because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 04:15 AM
link   

The military developed missiles not because they care what the soldiers think and handle, that is for the psych wards to deal with and they get evaluated after every tour/mission. It has been developed to keep casualties to a minimum within the local military.
reply to post by ShadowZion

The psych wards are not effective in their evaluations because what soldiers have to handle is not normal and goes against what is. Keeping casualties to a minimum was not the primary reason for the development of targeted weapon systems, it was to ensure the most amount of damage to the enemy without damaging too much around the target. Limiting the military's casualties is just an added bonus.

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 05:05 AM
link   
Did not read all the feedback in the thread,BUT
has anyone watched the movie "the ROAD" that will give you a clear idea of what will happen when TSHTF

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 05:13 AM
link   
reply to post by MarkJS

Only God and Christians have this assurance.

oh how disappointed Christians must be when they die..oh wait they're dead, they cant feel anything.

as for OP's question, I couldn't eat a person..so guess I'd just have to starve.

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 05:21 AM
link   
Im set to fight off crazy's Sawed-off doubled barrled shotgun a pump action shotgun model 1897 from WW1 a 22 Millitary issued PSG-1 from WW2 and finally a basement full of baked beans
I live in the middle of the canadian wilderness I could hunt for my food.

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 05:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Nobama

I understand your sentiment, i really do.

However, i really do believe that unless we are in that position we really have no idea how we would truly act. I find the thought abhorrent in many ways but, if there really was nothing else anywhere to eat and im suffering hallucinations through lack of food and my body is cramping, etc, then.............well who knows.......

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 05:45 AM
link   
Absolutely not it is not in my moral code. I'd rather starve to death. I suppose but on the other hand it's true that instinct for survival is an issue that I would be dealing with. Does cannibalism happen in the animal kingdom? Yes in fact it does. Like a lion will eat a cub not for survival but for mating. Same with bears and other animals. However I do not know if same goes in animal kingdom for survival purposes. We are not far removed from the animal kingdom.

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 06:06 AM
link   
I Would rather die instead of eating human flesh..because i am Pure Veggie..I hope there will be some trees and Leaves left so that i can survive for somedays atleast..

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 06:16 AM
link   
reply to post by br0ker

I would do whatever I had to to feed my family. If that means hacking up some Joe on the street, so be it, and may god forgive me. I bet humans don't taste like beef or chicken at all.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join