It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cannibalism during a SHTF scenario - would you eat or die?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 02:44 PM
link   
If by eating another person, I get to live another day... to eat another person. I would rather starve. In this type of scenario, I see no reason to wake to a "better" day. It seems that when I sleep full just to watch others eating others is horrific enough.

Plus I think that death is not as scary as many want us to think it is.

Peace, NRE.

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 02:55 PM
link   
If there was nothing else then yes I would.....
I would start with the hands.....
Finger lickin good

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 02:58 PM
link   
As much as I would like to say I would rather die than eating another Human being I must admit that when the first series of Lost came onto the TV here in the UK, everytime I went past the billboards that advertised the cast, all I could say was at least they wouldn't go hungry with the shall we say large chap surviving the crash,
Yum Yum

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 03:00 PM
link   
I would have to think there is some pretty bad karma that comes from killing and eating another human.

Roadkill might be a different matter.

I, personally, can't imagine me being in an area where I couldn't find ANY OTHER food source other than a fellow human.

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 03:02 PM
link   
I would only eat the recently dead, I dont think I would go out and kill them first.

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 03:43 PM
link   
I guess if you cook it it wouldnt be far off pork,

its meant to be the same (roughly) density, it is a white meat of sorts, pigs organs can be harvested to be rough replacements for human organs, even skin (although thiker) has very similar reaction to impact and say tattoo's for example...

so yeah probably not a million miles from pork,

that being said, if there was no other food... put it this way if i had crashed on a mountain top, in a 747 there was no food at all to eat, it was a heavy blizzard and chances of us being picked up by rescuers was slim for a few days to a week and i was not in anyway dressed correctly to venture through the snow myself, yes i would eat human if i had too. i think most would.

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Make Soylent Green....
No one will go hungry.

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by GonzoSinister
I guess if you cook it it wouldnt be far off pork,

its meant to be the same (roughly) density, it is a white meat of sorts, pigs organs can be harvested to be rough replacements for human organs, even skin (although thiker) has very similar reaction to impact and say tattoo's for example...

so yeah probably not a million miles from pork,

that being said, if there was no other food... put it this way if i had crashed on a mountain top, in a 747 there was no food at all to eat, it was a heavy blizzard and chances of us being picked up by rescuers was slim for a few days to a week and i was not in anyway dressed correctly to venture through the snow myself, yes i would eat human if i had too. i think most would.

make a great movie that would

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Cannibalism during a SHTF scenario - would you eat or die?

I guess that takes the phrase "you look so sweet" to a hole new level

I will re frame for answering the question till the SHTF but granted they better not be any slow chunky people around.

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rockstrongo37
Reading a post like this makes me nervous, Im 6'5" 300 lbs....I could feed a family of 4 for like a month lol.

Laughing so hard right now. Brutal reality right there - and if you`re high in fat and the family skinny i suppose they could stretch you out over 3-4 months.

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 04:43 PM
link   
I can't believe it's even an issue..

Of course I'd eat another person in a life or death situation, I'm a human, an animal. There is no other option.

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 05:00 PM
link   
I don't think there's enough 1% to go around...

On the other hand, what kind of sauce are we talking about?

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 05:06 PM
link   
I would starve. I am wondering, though, that if you get to that point in your situation where you are starving to death if you would still be in your right mind. Desperation can make you do things you wouldn't ordinarily do.

Still, I hope I would not cannibalize anyone.

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 05:10 PM
link   
I wasn't even considering it before I read the bulk of your thread.

Now that I have read it,

I think I might just go completely VEGAN or create my own SHTF scenario via starvation.

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Mmmmmm, Human, the other white meat!

I'll take a leg, medium rare, please.

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Well to be fair most people don't know what cooked human is like? Fried? Grilled? No you just don't know, so we're not really qualified to answer honestly. You might as well compare cooked human flesh to baboons penis or giraffe vagina. You don't know if you'll like it or not.

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 05:18 PM
link   
reply to post by br0ker

If I was Hungry Enought when the SHTF, I might have to Seriously consider Canablism as a means of Survival . Be that said , the Person I might consider eating would Definately have to be Kosher, and without a Gammy Leg...........

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 05:31 PM
link   
reply to post by br0ker

You dig. You dig and dig and you eat COCKROACHES and BUGS.

Generally some form of insect will survive, generally COCKROACHES, and these CAN be eaten.

I will NOT eat a human being. EVER. There is always a way.

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 05:39 PM
link   
well with 7 billion of us right now......there will be a good selection.
very last resort but really I agree with other posters that say the body will make you
do stuff you don't want too. You will be very hungry and humans will do it if they have too. It is about survival.
If choosing between life and death. Yes. Linda Runyon has a good book about wild foods........for those of you who dont want to eat meat. Her books tell you how to eat wild foods and various ways to make things.........lilke CAT Tail flour......etc.
just a thought.....:-)

would one eat a rat before a human? hummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 05:48 PM
link   
Maybe human flesh really is the 'forbidden fruit', maybe it's addictive, or just really nice with a garnish.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join